Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

A bit of old news that I hadn't gotten to report since the site had been down, but Washington has picked up a Week 2 opponent. They will host the McLean Co. Cougars out of KY at 7pm on Saturday the 28th.

Glad to see them pick up the game after last week's cancellation due to rampant illness. I know little to nothing about the visiting Cougars. From what I can dig up on Google:

• School size seems to be comparable. Roster lists 45 kids.
  • Went 3-2 last year with 4 games cancelled due to COVID-19. Both losses were to Owensboro Catholic.
  • Won their 2021 opener 38-30. Seem to rely heavily on the run game. Scoring consisted of 5 rushing TDs and 4 successful 2-pt. conversions (no attempted PATs).

Looks to be a nice early tests of the Hatchet's run defense. Let's see if they can take the step forward that I'm hoping for. Best of luck to everyone playing on Friday evening!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What did we learn this week?

image.thumb.png.f4e215f0fac2362a2117305859c4308b.png

GS dominates another larger school.

Heritage Hills says...passing is for sissies....back to the bone.  Can Tell City regroup for the small conference games?

Mt. Vernon.... Ready to hang with the big dogs after almost hanging a 50 burger on poor South Spencer?  Is South Spencer better than Tell City?

Is North Posey pretty good or is Princeton....Princeton?

Forest Park....I didn't anticipate this.

Southridge...plug and play.  I guess all the scrimmage hype the Boonville kids were throwing out on twitter might have been a little premature.

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1

WHS drops their opener against McLean Co. (KY) 18-8. Offense is still a work in progress; defense looked somewhat improved outside of some big rushing plays. McLean Co. fumbled the ball a handful of times and I would've liked to see the Hatchets land on a few more of those. Think that could've changed the outcome of the game. Line play looked improved from last year, even with losing a few seniors from last year's squad. Still plenty of room for improvement on line play in the eyes of this Old Hog...

Onward to week 3 as the Titans descend upon Hatchet Hallow from Tartarus (otherwise known as Ft. Branch). As someone who likes to think of themselves as an objective fan, I DO NOT foresee the Hatchet's putting a stop to the buzz saw that is Gibson Southern. Imagine if you will a Makita cutting into a stick of butter that had been left on the counter.

My hope is the Titans don't score triple digits and both teams come out unscathed from injury. Putting up some TDs for confidence wouldn't hurt either!

Edited by OldHatchetHog76
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2021 at 11:58 PM, Titan32 said:

What did we learn this week?

image.thumb.png.f4e215f0fac2362a2117305859c4308b.png

GS dominates another larger school.

Heritage Hills says...passing is for sissies....back to the bone.  Can Tell City regroup for the small conference games?

Mt. Vernon.... Ready to hang with the big dogs after almost hanging a 50 burger on poor South Spencer?  Is South Spencer better than Tell City?

Is North Posey pretty good or is Princeton....Princeton?

Forest Park....I didn't anticipate this.

Southridge...plug and play.  I guess all the scrimmage hype the Boonville kids were throwing out on twitter might have been a little premature.

It always makes me feel good when the wishbone comes out.  We played decent....I'm not sure how good TC really is.  I know they aren't the team they were last year.

I would argue that Tell City is better than South Spencer and will likely beat them by 3 scores, but time will tell.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:01 AM, OldHatchetHog76 said:

WHS drops their opener against McLean Co. (KY) 18-8. Offense is still a work in progress; defense looked somewhat improved outside of some big rushing plays. McLean Co. fumbled the ball a handful of times and I would've liked to see the Hatchets land on a few more of those. Think that could've changed the outcome of the game. Line play looked improved from last year, even with losing a few seniors from last year's squad. Still plenty of room for improvement on line play in the eyes of this Old Hog...

Onward to week 3 as the Titans descend upon Hatchet Hallow from Tartarus (otherwise known as Ft. Branch). As someone who likes to think of themselves as an objective fan, I DO NOT foresee the Hatchet's putting a stop to the buzz saw that is Gibson Southern. Imagine if you will a Makita cutting into a stick of butter that had been left on the counter.

My hope is the Titans don't score triple digits and both teams come out unscathed from injury. Putting up some TDs for confidence wouldn't hurt either!

Indeed.  #18 is putting up some stupid numbers against some big schools.  Will be a test for our DBs for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

PAC thread is a little quiet:

Here we go week 3:

image.thumb.png.f77d426c48574f9311ba7fbea9cba8e0.png

HH by a couple scores, passing optional

TC, was thinking FP would be stronger than they have shown so far 

GS

MV wins by stepping off the bus

SS if they have a game at all

SR, I don't think NP will hang

13 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

HH by a couple scores, passing optional

TC, was thinking FP would be stronger than they have shown so far 

GS

MV wins by stepping off the bus

SS if they have a game at all

SR, I don't think NP will hang

HH- its hard to go into the jungle and win

TC- flip of coin

GS- Starters will rest the second half

MV- Princeton has zero chance

SS- SS is the better of the two.  

NP - NP is looking pretty good right now.  if this game was at SR I would pick SR

4 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

NP - NP is looking pretty good right now.  if this game was at SR I would pick SR

NP has many seniors that are now three year starters, this week is their opportunity to prove that they belong in the conversation as best in the small PAC. Can they match SR's physicality? Can they limit their mistakes? With only three juniors on the roster, can all the sophomores and freshmen who are starting elevate their play? I have high hopes...

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

HH- its hard to go into the jungle and win

TC- flip of coin

GS- Starters will rest the second half

MV- Princeton has zero chance

SS- SS is the better of the two.  

3 hours ago, Cappy said:

NP has many seniors that are now three year starters, this week is their opportunity to prove that they belong in the conversation as best in the small PAC. Can they match SR's physicality? Can they limit their mistakes? With only three juniors on the roster, can all the sophomores and freshmen who are starting elevate their play? I have high hopes...

Alright then. Duly noted 

On 8/30/2021 at 8:21 PM, Titan32 said:

PAC thread is a little quiet:

Here we go week 3:

image.thumb.png.f77d426c48574f9311ba7fbea9cba8e0.png

HH by a couple scores

Tell City by a couple, they are better than that 35-0 score showed and will likely be competitive on the small side of the PAC

GS by a million

MV by a million

SS by a few

NP with the upset,  NP is a veteran team, don't overlook their QB

All of course subject to covid turning everything on its head.

Edited by HHPatriots

13 hours ago, Cappy said:

I don't know if I'd go **! We played like crap week 1 and haven't beat SR since 2012 I believe. I do like our team and think we can pull the upset but SR has built a great program. 

Needed to pick an upset. Pretty predictable week in the PAC outside of this matchup. 

Good luck to NP

Edited by SEAL_63
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Ehh I wouldn’t think on the GS score vs Washington too much.  

GS is the heavy favorite but I think most people just want to see if GS has learned from their first 2 weeks and can play to what they should be playing 

stay healthy and move on 

Yeah more of just an effort to keep the PAC thread on page 1 and maybe spark a conversation. Anxiously waiting for tonight!