Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

GS looked how they should have looked last night.

big test this week though.  Kentucky 5A South Warren out of Bowling Green

ranked #3 in 5A 

ranked #11 for the entire state of Kentucky according to maxpreps. (It was #5 but they lost to a team from TN last week and are 1-1) 

the game is at South Warren and I don’t think they played a game this week so they will have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game 

GS was as good as advertised, if not better. 68-6 hurts no matter how you put it or who you're talking about. That Allen kid is a stud. I could continue to rattle off things we already know, but I will digress. GS fans (and other PAC fans who have nothing to due over the Thanksgiving) might want to hurry up and make their hotel reservations for Indy. Would love to see them hoisting that giant trophy come season's end.

My only hope is the Hatchets learn something from this game and apply it to their next three games, all against winnable opponents. Coming out 3-0 against ND, PC and Princeton would be huge for the season before ending the season with three tough match ups against HH, Boonville and Mt. Vernon. 

On 9/4/2021 at 11:35 PM, OldHatchetHog76 said:

GS was as good as advertised, if not better. 68-6 hurts no matter how you put it or who you're talking about. That Allen kid is a stud. I could continue to rattle off things we already know, but I will digress. GS fans (and other PAC fans who have nothing to due over the Thanksgiving) might want to hurry up and make their hotel reservations for Indy. Would love to see them hoisting that giant trophy come season's end.

My only hope is the Hatchets learn something from this game and apply it to their next three games, all against winnable opponents. Coming out 3-0 against ND, PC and Princeton would be huge for the season before ending the season with three tough match ups against HH, Boonville and Mt. Vernon. 

They are good, no doubt.  This week will show how good they really are.  If they keep this game against South Warren within a score or two (or win it) then yeah...they are crazy good.  

There is a ton of football to play and there has been nothing but hype around GS for the last 3 years, but they haven't won a sectional in the last 3 years.  I say again, with Memorial out and Chatard out....the stars have aligned to get to semi-state, but they must  get out of sectional first--by the numbers they should blow through everything until they get to Semi-State.

#18 is excellent, and I am ready for him to put on the black and gold (BOILER UP!) but now he has guys catching balls they were dropping before.  I hate to say this as an HH fan but I am looking forward to watching them play....they are fun to watch.

14 hours ago, sr1 said:

North Posey QB Harold Bender was outstanding against Southridge. He was 20 for 21 passing for 261 yards.

Harold has great ability and can be extremely accurate like he was Friday night. Last season he completed 65% of his passes with 17 TDs and only 2 interceptions. Many of us believed he could be much better this season.

He showed that Friday night and I expect him to continue to be extremely accurate! 

On 9/7/2021 at 7:24 AM, HHPatriots said:

They are good, no doubt.  This week will show how good they really are.  If they keep this game against South Warren within a score or two (or win it) then yeah...they are crazy good.  

There is a ton of football to play and there has been nothing but hype around GS for the last 3 years, but they haven't won a sectional in the last 3 years.  I say again, with Memorial out and Chatard out....the stars have aligned to get to semi-state, but they must  get out of sectional first--by the numbers they should blow through everything until they get to Semi-State.

#18 is excellent, and I am ready for him to put on the black and gold (BOILER UP!) but now he has guys catching balls they were dropping before.  I hate to say this as an HH fan but I am looking forward to watching them play....they are fun to watch.

Chatard hasn’t been in the south semi state for the past 2 years…. that’s how HH got past semi state 2 years ago…😂.  Just kidding.

But I think if you ask these seniors..they didn’t want the “stars to align”.  They wanted to play Memorial and Chatard in the postseason.  GS has beaten Memorial a few times on their way to sectional titles.  And this senior group beat Memorial 22-0 at Memorial as freshmen (without Brady).  They wanted a shot to be the first to get past Chatard.  But they’ll just have to compete with who’s ever in front of them now.  

Either way… it’s going to be a fun ride the next couple of months.

Edited by Titan20
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Chatard hasn’t been in the south semi state for the past 2 years…. that’s how HH got past semi state 2 years ago…😂.  Just kidding.

But I think if you ask these seniors..they didn’t want the “stars to align”.  They wanted to play Memorial and Chatard in the postseason.  GS has beaten Memorial a few times on their way to sectional titles.  And this senior group beat Memorial 22-0 at Memorial as freshmen (without Brady).  They wanted a shot to be the first to get past Chatard.  But they’ll just have to compete with who’s ever in front of them now.  

Either way… it’s going to be a fun ride the next couple of months.

I appreciate the jab, as it is deserved, of the 7 times we have played Chatard we have only beat them one time.  "We want Bama!" Sure, until you get them.   Everybody wants to play Chatard, until they do.  But as we have always said here, until the rules change we just have to get stronger, faster, better.

Regardless, enjoy the ride.  It is a crap ton of fun.

• Like 1

Tough first three games for my Hatchets, including this past week's blowout loss to county rival North Daviess. I know we've got a young QB (only a sophomore I believe) and I think having an all-state athlete at that position last year masked some issues that are much worse than we thought. Nonetheless, we move forward.

This week's match up against Pike Central can provide our offense with an opportunity to score some points and give us some confidence moving forward. I'm sure PC will be thinking the same as our defense has been just as porous as their's so far. Plus, I can guarantee Coach Brashear would love to have his first W with the Chargers come against his alma mater while Coach Morris wants to keep that shiny new trophy for a little bit longer. It is rivalry week once again in HatchetTown!

On 9/8/2021 at 10:36 PM, HHPatriots said:

I appreciate the jab, as it is deserved, of the 7 times we have played Chatard we have only beat them one time.  "We want Bama!" Sure, until you get them.   Everybody wants to play Chatard, until they do.  But as we have always said here, until the rules change we just have to get stronger, faster, better.

Regardless, enjoy the ride.  It is a crap ton of fun.

One of the few programs in the state undefeated against Roncalli.

Depending on when the success factor was instituted, HH would have likely been playing in 4A against Chatard/Roncalli (might have been 5A) from 2001-2007. Playing Jasper twice in one season would've been a treat.

The local game that has never happened and looks like it never will is Heritage Hills vs. Reitz. As always don't dismiss HH or MV or SR yet against GS. Kryptonite seems to appear at the most inopportune times. That being said, I fully expect the Titans to run the table in the PAC and 3A this year. 

Highest prospective PAC QB in 20 years (since Cutler; albeit, because of circumstances which prevented HH from going on a run in 1999, being a legitimate collegiate athlete prospect in three sports, and the changes in exposure/recruiting for Allen). Side note... Bob Griese's brother, Bill, has lived and is now retired in Santa Claus and can most often be found on the golf course.

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 2:18 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

One of the few programs in the state undefeated against Roncalli.

Depending on when the success factor was instituted, HH would have likely been playing in 4A against Chatard/Roncalli (might have been 5A) from 2001-2007. Playing Jasper twice in one season would've been a treat.

The local game that has never happened and looks like it never will is Heritage Hills vs. Reitz. As always don't dismiss HH or MV or SR yet against GS. Kryptonite seems to appear at the most inopportune times. That being said, I fully expect the Titans to run the table in the PAC and 3A this year. 

Highest prospective PAC QB in 20 years (since Cutler; albeit, because of circumstances which prevented HH from going on a run in 1999, being a legitimate collegiate athlete prospect in three sports, and the changes in exposure/recruiting for Allen). Side note... Bob Griese's brother, Bill, has lived and is now retired in Santa Claus and can most often be found on the golf course.

If we are going to get all nostalgic, I believe we were also the first public school to beat Chatard and Roncolli after the playoff system came about in 3A.  Correct that if I'm off.

29 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

If we are going to get all nostalgic, I believe we were also the first public school to beat Chatard and Roncolli after the playoff system came about in 3A.  Correct that if I'm off.

North Montgomery beat Chatard in '95 and '96, but that was 2A at the time. Chatard played in 3A starting in '97.

Jasper beat Roncalli in 3A in '95 Semi-State.

Edited by gonzoron

Back on track, after I steered this off the tracks...

POCKET
ALL TIMES CENTRAL
Big School Division
  CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
  W-L Pts OP W-L Pts OP Streak
Mount Vernon 2-0 70 22 4-  0 153 52 Won 4
Gibson Southern 1-0 68 6 3-  1 181 92 Lost 1
Heritage Hills 1-1 29 35 3-  1 92 35 Won 3
Princeton 0-1 7 47 1-  3 67 133 Won 1
Boonville 0-1 12 14 0-  3 53 71 Lost 5
Washington 0-1 6 68 0-  3 14 128 Lost 3
Small School Division
  CONFERENCE ALL GAMES
  W-L Pts OP W-L Pts OP Streak
North Posey 3-0 89 50 4-  0 142 56 Won 4
Southridge 1-1 86 40 2-  2 129 82 Won 1
Tell City 1-1 28 45 2-  2 69 86 Lost 1
South Spencer 1-1 63 14 1-  3 80 90 Lost 1
Forest Park 0-1 10 14 2-  2 59 59 Won 1
Pike Central 0-2 0 113 0-  2 0 113 Lost 26

Week 5

Boonville at Linton, 6:30 pm
Forest Park at Mount Vernon, 6:30 pm
North Posey at Heritage Hills, 7 pm
Princeton at South Spencer, 7 pm
Southridge at Gibson Southern, 6:30 pm
Springs Valley at Tell City, 6:30 pm
Washington at Pike Central, 6 pm

Linton 

Mount Vernon

NP at HH - Winner by the turnover margin

South Spencer - even if sloppy, SS in Reo

Gibson Southern (not a great week to be playing at Ft. Branch)

Tell City - again when in doubt siding with the home team. Props to Springs Valley though. Larry Bird would've made a great DE in 1978

Washington - I guess? Chargers are yet to score a point this year. The schools are only 12 miles a part. Series has been dominated by the Hatchets with a few Chargers' wins in the early 2000s... also a weird one in 1989 when Pike Central won 0-1 (forfeit?)

50 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

North Montgomery beat Chatard in '95 and '96, but that was 2A at the time. Chatard played in 3A starting in '97.

Jasper beat Roncalli in 3A in '95 Semi-State.

Chatard AND Roncalli, I believe was his point.

Linton by a couple scores.

MV by 35

I agree with the turnover margin in HH/NP.  We have been a turnover machine, if we can shut that off, we win by a score--maybe, NP appears to be really good.

SS--probably close

GS by a bunch, they will look to make a statement after the beat down they got Friday night (big boy football can be hard on you)

TC by 3 scores

Washington may score more in this game than they do all year combined.

Edited by HHPatriots

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

It’s a real mystery … unless, of course, it’s all in your imagination.

Sure it is.  You can watch the South Warren game online.  It's bush league stuff.  Should be corrected by their coaches.  Pretty evident every week....got ridiculous towards the end of the South Warren game.  Unnecessary, and a safety concern.