Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

23 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Sure it is.  You can watch the South Warren game online.  It's bush league stuff.  Should be corrected by their coaches.  Pretty evident every week....got ridiculous towards the end of the South Warren game.  Unnecessary, and a safety concern. 

It just seems unlikely that all the officials and all the coaches are missing something that only you are picking up on. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Sure it is.  You can watch the South Warren game online.  It's bush league stuff.  Should be corrected by their coaches.  Pretty evident every week....got ridiculous towards the end of the South Warren game.  Unnecessary, and a safety concern. 

Please notify Coach Hart or the IHSAA. Not very classy to call out a HS player by number (effectively by name) and then hurl comments at him.

How about you stay on topic and give us some insight on South Spencer and your expectations for the Rebels in Reo this week?

3 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Please notify Coach Hart or the IHSAA. Not very classy to call out a HS player by number (effectively by name) and then hurl comments at him.

How about you stay on topic and give us some insight on South Spencer and your expectations for the Rebels in Reo this week?

I haven't coached at SS in years, so no help there.  Sorry.  

Might not be classy, but don't really care.  Watch the end of the South Warren game...their coaching staff certainly didn't miss it.  

Maybe when Gibson plays HH in a couple weeks you might notice.  It's bush league.  Believe that is the transfer from Castle....one of many Gibson transfers.

Whatever.   

41 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Watch the end of the South Warren game...their coaching staff certainly didn't miss it.

So, by my reckoning, you’ve gone from “he’s a dirty player every week,” to “something happened at the end of the South Warren game.” That’s quite a difference.

33 minutes ago, Bobref said:

So, by my reckoning, you’ve gone from “he’s a dirty player every week,” to “something happened at the end of the South Warren game.” That’s quite a difference.

He is.  Every week.  It just got worse against South Warren....I'm guessing out of frustration because they were getting beat decidedly? No idea.  It's consistently extracurricular crap at the end of many plays.  Playing past the whistle.  It's cheap shot stuff....and if good enough at it, doesn't always get caught.  I'm sure you can agree that it's possible for a player to be dirty and not always be flagged for it. 

Maybe the coaches have tried to correct it?  Some kids are more difficult to coach than others. 

You have more faith than I that most officiating crews will catch it.  With the current state of officiating, the quality unfortunately continues to diminish.  

Maybe when the action is live, it's more difficult to catch.  If you have the benefit to watch film every week, it stands out.

25 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

I'm sure you can agree that it's possible for a player to be dirty and not always be flagged for it. 

Maybe the coaches have tried to correct it?  Some kids are more difficult to coach than others. 

You have more faith than I that most officiating crews will catch it.  With the current state of officiating, the quality unfortunately continues to diminish.

I can assure, if a player is consistently playing on the edge, week after week, the officials are quite aware of it. So, either everyone is missing it, or it’s not actually happening. But since you watch film every week, perhaps you can share some clips of this dirty play.

24 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

He is.  Every week.  It just got worse against South Warren....I'm guessing out of frustration because they were getting beat decidedly? No idea.  It's consistently extracurricular crap at the end of many plays.  Playing past the whistle.  It's cheap shot stuff....and if good enough at it, doesn't always get caught.  I'm sure you can agree that it's possible for a player to be dirty and not always be flagged for it. 

Maybe when the action is live, it's more difficult to catch.  If you have the benefit to watch film every week, it stands out.

9 of your last 15 posts have had the word GS in it.  Was Titanhater08 not available?

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Here’s an idea.  Coming to one of our home games the next 2 weeks.  Sit with one of us and show us what you think are cheap shots.  It’s an open invitation.

Hell I’ll even buy you a burger and some Judy Schmitt sweet rolls.

Edited by Titan20

18 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Here’s an idea.  Coming to one of our home games the next 2 weeks.  Sit with one of us and show us what you think are cheap shots.  It’s an open invitation.

Hell I’ll even buy you a burger and some Judy Schmitt sweet rolls.

You might want to offer a little cheese to go with his wine too.  Just saying.  

1 hour ago, Reb08 said:

HIt's consistently extracurricular crap at the end of many plays.  Playing past the whistle.  It's cheap shot stuff....and if good enough at it, doesn't always get caught.  I'm sure you can agree that it's possible for a player to be dirty and not always be flagged for it. 

I haven't seen any film and won't, but playing past the whistle is not inherently dirty in my opinion unless its coupled with something more, like taking a guy backwards over the pile, etc.  Finishing a pancake block after the whistle is not dirty. I tend to think that with the increased emphasis on player safety, officials seem to be keeping a tighter reign on things and are generally pretty quick to call a PF to keep things in check.    

Is someone complaining about the ALL YOU CAN EAT PANCAKE SPECIAL being put on every week? Lol

ive watched the film from so far this year….it’s been great. Doesn’t look cheap or dirty at all….looks like a kid locked into his job and putting defenders on their backs.

also….we have seen plenty of times in the past when GS players get a little chippy….from what I can tell it has been a class act this year…I don’t think we have had 1 unsportsmanlike conduct at all this year.  

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Reminds me of Nick Martin from the 2010 Chatard Trojans. Does he have any offers?

I think of that center who was on Chatard in 2015? 

think he went to cincy….but man was he aggressive off the line.  From go he was all about winning his matchup 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jets said:

Ok only had time for quick scan of this thread....what on earth did I miss?? Why is Bobref making an appearance and what are we talking about?! 

Short story is someone is saying the LT for GS is playing dirty for some odd reason and everyone else is just like “doesn’t look like it…just looks like a great player who is pancaking guys” 

and he took a shot at the refs for apparently missing what he is only seeing…which is why bobref joined in 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think of that center who was on Chatard in 2015? 

think he went to cincy….but man was he aggressive off the line.  From go he was all about winning his matchup 

Danny Godlevske.  He went to Miami of Ohio and was on the Rimington Trophy watch list his first 2-3 years.

I believe he’s currently a Red Shirt Senior at Oklahoma State.

Edited by Lysander

So is Southridge still running the wing T/option?

I know some here think this one is over before we even play, but you still gotta play the game and Southridge has shown to be technically sound and can beat anyone even if they have to start smaller players….see a few years ago when southridges DL and OL were much smaller than GS but dominated the LoS.  

Think this game will be closer than others think…and will be a nice test for the defense staying on assignment.  I think so far we have faced teams that use the spread more so getting to face what I assume is the wing T will be interesting…especially with HH right around the corner with ole faithful, the wishbone lol