Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

After North Posey's QB Harold Bender  went 20 for 21 passing for 261 yards I think Southridge has worked on the passing defense but as one GS fan said, it does not look good for Southridge this week. I think the key to beating GS is to have fast kids that can get pressure on the QB and other quick kids that can cover the receivers because GS's QB does have a quick release. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

So is Southridge still running the wing T/option?

I know some here think this one is over before we even play, but you still gotta play the game and Southridge has shown to be technically sound and can beat anyone even if they have to start smaller players….see a few years ago when southridges DL and OL were much smaller than GS but dominated the LoS.  

Think this game will be closer than others think…and will be a nice test for the defense staying on assignment.  I think so far we have faced teams that use the spread more so getting to face what I assume is the wing T will be interesting…especially with HH right around the corner with ole faithful, the wishbone lol

For every team that runs the Wishbone, Barry Switzer gets another year tacked onto his life. Always appreciative of a good ol' ground-n-pound offense.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:30 PM, Bobref said:

It just seems unlikely that all the officials and all the coaches are missing something that only you are picking up on. 

This is just a hunch, but perhaps Reb has access to the bird's eye view provided by a Hi-Pod X31 while everyone else is looking at an inferior shot. There's really nothing quite like an X31 fully extended on an October Friday evening, towering over all else in majestic splendor. 

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, sr1 said:

After North Posey's QB Harold Bender  went 20 for 21 passing for 261 yards I think Southridge has worked on the passing defense but as one GS fan said, it does not look good for Southridge this week. I think the key to beating GS is to have fast kids that can get pressure on the QB and other quick kids that can cover the receivers because GS's QB does have a quick release. 

Then you will need guys who can stop the run with all those fast guys out of the box.

Decision going to be made here whether or not to have a game tonight....4 people on foot being chased by the cops.  Everyone was sent home last night--cleared football stadium (7th grade game) out in about 10 minutes.   School was called off today because they still haven't been caught.  Phone call said they would decide about homecoming game today by 1:00.

Geez, is this like a daily thing when you live in Chicago or is it business as usual?  

Edited by HHPatriots

29 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Decision going to be made here whether or not to have a game tonight....4 people on foot being chased by the cops.  Everyone was sent home last night--cleared football stadium (7th grade game) out in about 10 minutes.   School was called off today because they still haven't been caught.  Phone call said they would decide about homecoming game today by 1:00.

Geez, is this like a daily thing when you live in Chicago or is it business as usual?  

Any word on why they are being chased?  Any news links?

31 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

We need the backstory to this lol

Holy moly this is a wild situation 

Sounds like they need Special Agent Jess LeCroix and his team from the FBI. 

In all seriousness I heard from a friend whose 7th grader plays for Memorial (it was Mem/HH playing) that got cleared out at halftime. Crazy stuff and I hope they are caught soon. 

Hiding out in the woods. I guess they don’t call it The Jungle for nothing. 

I should have given a little more context....😄

This apparently all started on 231 and they ended up bailing out of the car.  There was not an incident in the football stadium, they just wanted to keep the kids safe and send them home.

Obviously we don't get this kind of excitement very often.

My suggestion is to get every hill jack in Spencer county out with their thermal imaging scopes.  Coyotes, fugitives, whatever, we will find them!

Edited by HHPatriots

40 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

It was just announced that the HH vs NP game WILL be played as scheduled tonight.  GO PATRIOTS!

Awesome! Thanks to all the law enforcement folks in Spencer and surrounding counties. 

I have been thinking about this all day.  As much as I would want a game to be played, the possibility for a fugitive to escape via blending in with the crowd or even worse, hiding out in the back of an unattended pickup truck until the driver returns worried me. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Awesome! Thanks to all the law enforcement folks in Spencer and surrounding counties. 

I have been thinking about this all day.  As much as I would want a game to be played, the possibility for a fugitive to escape via blending in with the crowd or even worse, hiding out in the back of an unattended pickup truck until the driver returns worried me. 

From very reliable sources, it will be a safe environment. 😏

Also I wouldn't want to be a fugitive in Spencer County... ISP Detective on the HH coaching staff, and I'm sure this fugitive would be surprised to know what locals think of the Second Amendment, even in "gun free zones..." Another ISP officer's property basically borders HHHS... 

Vikings and Patriots will be safe and the winner will be the one which commits the fewest turnovers and penalties. Ironically, we played the Friday after Tuesday, September 11, after much debate protected by the corn rows! 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Well….it’s time for my favorite regular season matchup….good ole HH vs GS this week 

HH is on a hot streak. Should be a DANDY of a week on here lol 

Yea and the HH guys can tell Maddox that those 6th graders we used to talk about are Seniors now…😉

4 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Yea and the HH guys can tell Maddox that those 6th graders we used to talk about are Seniors now…😉

Let's hope HH can show up healthy, leave healthy, and continue to improve every week. It will be such an honor to see a DI QB and other collegiate recruits performing at the highest level of 3A football and making their teammates better. As fans of football, HH should soak up the environment and let the chips fall where the Almighty wants them to.

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

After a hiccup in late January/early February, Toyota's stock price is flirting with an all-time high! 

Wouldn’t know….I drive a Chevy and wife has a Jeep.
AK Steel’s stock is at $1.55 a share today.  All time low…down from $70 a share in 2008.  But they’re under new ownership.  Maybe changing the name.