Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

5 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

FCBB43E3-4EAD-4816-8DF1-92B47DC6AA65.thumb.jpeg.ea85dc0c8c4def5b0147e6e5f16da38b.jpeg

@Reb08is this dirty? 

I'm not sure if its dirty, but it looks like a pass?? Why is this OL on top of DL on a pass play at the line of scrimmage? Its blurry but it looks like his hands are outside the frame so possibly a hold call? 

Edited by CheapSeats
Sp

8 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

I'm not sure if its dirty, but it looks like a pass?? Why is this OL on top of DL on a pass play at the line of scrimmage? Its blurry but it looks like his hands are outside the frame so possibly a hold call? 

You can never make a call with confidence based on a still picture.

Edited by Bobref

23 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Wouldn’t know….I drive a Chevy and wife has a Jeep.
AK Steel’s stock is at $1.55 a share today.  All time low…down from $70 a share in 2008.  But they’re under new ownership.  Maybe changing the name.

AK Steel is definitely not in North Spencer School Corporation. It does supply a lot of treated metal to Toyota though. There have been a few contributions to GS from HH though in football and elsewhere.

Do you think GS will accumulate enough success factor points to be in 4A, and where will that leave Memorial? It could be a very interesting alignment forthcoming depending on those programs and Mater Dei.

It's possible that the Titans will put a running clock on every team from here on out.

11 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

AK Steel is definitely not in North Spencer School Corporation. It does supply a lot of treated metal to Toyota though. There have been a few contributions to GS from HH though in football and elsewhere.

Do you think GS will accumulate enough success factor points to be in 4A, and where will that leave Memorial? It could be a very interesting alignment forthcoming depending on those programs and Mater Dei.

It's possible that the Titans will put a running clock on every team from here on out.

Gibson Southern would need to 6 classification points this year and next to move up to 4A. To get 6 points they would need to win semistate this year and next year or win state and regional this year and next year.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Memorial will be in 4A.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Great point regarding why the OL is on top of the DL during a pass play.  This is not an uncommon occurrence for this particular O-Lineman during the course of the game.  Actually, this fuzzy photo reinforces the point I was trying to make.  Didn't see quite as much of this from him on Friday.  Maybe the crew was watching it more?

Serious question.   How many starters for Gibson Southern are transfers from other schools?

1 hour ago, sr1 said:

Gibson Southern would need to 6 classification points this year and next to move up to 4A. To get 6 points they would need to win semistate this year and next year or win state and regional this year and next year.

They delayed realignment from the 2021-22 school year to the 2022-23 school year so unless I'm mistaken next season factor points are reset.

2 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Great point regarding why the OL is on top of the DL during a pass play.  This is not an uncommon occurrence for this particular O-Lineman during the course of the game.  Actually, this fuzzy photo reinforces the point I was trying to make.  Didn't see quite as much of this from him on Friday.  Maybe the crew was watching it more?

Serious question.   How many starters for Gibson Southern are transfers from other schools?

Geez, half the season gone and not ONE holding penalty OR unsportsmanlike conduct against the player you called out on a public forum? What exactly are we paying these officials for? Especially the SW game, in Kentucky, with a SEVEN man crew... we need to revoke these officials' licenses immediately. Grab the scissors, you get their patches. I'll get their whistles.  Well, I guess they can keep those since they apparently don't work anyway.

All of them are transfers. Every single one. Mostly from Reo and the surrounding area.

</s>

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

AK Steel is definitely not in North Spencer School Corporation.

Toyota isn't in South Gibson's School Corporation either.

3 hours ago, Reb08 said:

3-1/2.  One started in TYFL and went to middle school in South Gibson.  Stayed living in the district but went to another school for 2 years.  

GS has also lost 2 to transfer.  One to North and the other to Tecumseh.  The one to North was the top offensive player and TD scorer for the Junior class at every level growing up.  The one to Tecumseh was the Senior class' top defensive lineman in TYFL and middle school.

Curious - How many transfers do Memorial, Central, and Castle have this year and each year?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Curious - How many transfers do Memorial, Central, and Castle have this year and each year?

For Memorial, I believe none for this season. There was a rumor that a Florida QB was going to transfer in last summer, but didn’t 

No idea about Castle about people transferring in, they lost Virgin and Cox to Gibson Southern 

Central brought in an RB from Westfield in Porter Rhodes, who looks promising, other than that, no idea

4 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Laying would be holding...offensive or defensive. A player on either side must disengage. It was a common strategy for linebackers to clog holes by laying on a blocking RB/FB.