Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

First of all- GS is insanely good this year. 

Secondly, the GS transfer thing has been hammered home pretty good on this thread. Building “superteams” is not a new phenomenon up/around the Indy area (I have relatives that live in Avon/Brownsburg/Zionsville area, and they keep me up to date on all the moving/shaking up there). But for our rural neck of the woods, adding 4 legit new starters to an otherwise already loaded team (well, I know one played last year) seems a bit...I don’t know the correct word to use?? 

Curious to know for all you GS fans out there...say you do reach the mountaintop. Will it “sour” it at all with the narrative going around that you had to bring in all this help to get it done?  I’m not saying I agree with that- but that will be the narrative.

I would think it wouldn’t sit well with me...but I get it- no program on earth would turn away those players. 

1 hour ago, eschnur66 said:

Both of your RBs walked the halls of Bosse as Sophomores.  They might not be "new" transfers, but they are transfers none the less.

Of course I realize both transferred from Bosse, Coach, but it wasn't this year. I have no issue with the transfers to GS.  I think any kid should be able to transfer wherever and whenever he or she wants, for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, jets said:

Secondly, the GS transfer thing has been hammered home pretty good on this thread. Building “superteams” is not a new phenomenon up/around the Indy area (I have relatives that live in Avon/Brownsburg/Zionsville area, and they keep me up to date on all the moving/shaking up there). But for our rural neck of the woods, adding 4 legit new starters to an otherwise already loaded team (well, I know one played last year) seems a bit...I don’t know the correct word to use?? 

Curious to know for all you GS fans out there...say you do reach the mountaintop. Will it “sour” it at all with the narrative going around that you had to bring in all this help to get it done?  I’m not saying I agree with that- but that will be the narrative.

I would think it wouldn’t sit well with me...but I get it- no program on earth would turn away those players. 

Nothing is going to sour for what this team accomplishes.  Whether it be 4-6 or 14-1

some of the comments on here are funny though because regardless of any of this transfer stuff or side chatter….the radio call is still an Allen drop back with a pass to Rory for a Td….bread and butter 

53 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Nothing is going to sour for what this team accomplishes.  Whether it be 4-6 or 14-1

some of the comments on here are funny though because regardless of any of this transfer stuff or side chatter….the radio call is still an Allen drop back with a pass to Rory for a Td….bread and butter 

Well without the 2 linemen that transferred in maybe the radio call is Allen sacked in the backfield for a 5 yard loss.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Of course - a lethal combination for sure . But again, the naysayers and observers will say they have 0 sectionals between them (thus far) and brought in some "extra help" in order to get over the hump.

Again, not saying that is my personal opinion - GS was going to be good this year regardless - just pointing out the narrative that is going to travel with this team. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jets said:

Of course - a lethal combination for sure . But again, the naysayers and observers will say they have 0 sectionals between them (thus far) and brought in some "extra help" in order to get over the hump.

Again, not saying that is my personal opinion - GS was going to be good this year regardless - just pointing out the narrative that is going to travel with this team. 

If I would have listened to the naysayers, I would still be in the Austrian Alps yodeling.
-- Arnold Schwarzenegger

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

Both of your RBs walked the halls of Bosse as Sophomores.  They might not be "new" transfers, but they are transfers none the less.

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Where did the big central RB come from last year?

Memorial treats Bosse has their own JV...lol.  When they become Varsity talent level they get a blue jersey.

3 hours ago, jets said:

Nice try...😉

Come to the JV game tomorrow night.  I think you'll see that GS would have been fine this year regardless.  And that will be without the senior backups and a couple of seniors that quit this year.

Edited by Titan20

Longtime listener, 3rd time caller....I mean poster here! From what I can gather by reading this thread: 1. Gibson Southern has some transfers from surrounding schools. 2. Surrounding schools dont like that. 3. GS supporters are pointing out other schools have done the same thing 4. Reb Nation doesnt like Gibson Southern 5. GS is really good and everyone hates a winner.

Did I get that correct? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Longtime listener, 3rd time caller....I mean poster here! From what I can gather by reading this thread: 1. Gibson Southern has some transfers from surrounding schools. 2. Surrounding schools dont like that. 3. GS supporters are pointing out other schools have done the same thing 4. Reb Nation doesnt like Gibson Southern 5. GS is really good and everyone hates a winner.

Did I get that correct? 

Pretty much

10 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

I can promise you, Zionsville does not receive a lot of transfers. Zionsville is not open enrollment like Brownsburg. 

It's the Indy sprawl -- transfers or just being affluent enough to move into the school district has its advantages... Who's that Dakich guy and where does he live? 25 years ago, Zionsville had an enrollment of 850. Frankly, it's impressive that they and schools like Westfield have been able to grow and maintain quality academic and extracurricular activities. 

8 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Did I get that correct? 

the problem with this is that it implies GS did something….and as GS fans we have no control over who transfers in…so people are complaining to us like we are the ones with children and we decided to move so they could attend GS.  

ihsaa approved the transfers so they must be legitimate considering the number of basketball transfers recently who had to sit out a year in the area…or the kid who had to sit out all of last year for GS because North Posey wasn’t happy that a kid living in Owensville didn’t want to attend North Posey over Gibson Southern….that’s right….a kid who had been living in Owensville and attended a middle school for GS was forced to miss a year because they decided to attend North Posey, which was out of district,  their first 2 years of HS 

the point is….we are just fans…the ihsaa and schools had to approve these transfers and they did despite denying one recently. Why are people trying to imply GS did something wrong 

• Haha 1

HH vs GS--I'm not going to comment, I mean how can you compete with all those transfers!  I joke, seriously....I'm kidding, that was a ridiculous discussion.  HH will struggle to keep this game close if we resort back to the turnover machine we were in the first 4 games.  Our defense is good, but the DBs will have their work cut out for them for sure.  

MV vs Boonville -- MV by 28

NP vs Tecumseh -- NP by 40

NK by a few

Princeton over Washington--did Pike Central really beat Washington?  

Forest Park in a close one

SR over TC in a close one

The thought process of some on this thread is troubling to me.  GS football program has returned to the winning tradition it had under Coach Jewel.  For the past 10 years Coach Hart and his staff have put a winner on the field week in and week out and it feels good.  I would bet that over the last 40 plus years GS has lost good talent to the private educators in our area.  We accepted that because of our faith, its no problem.  I am not of the Catholic faith but I am a man of faith and its very important to me.  I don't know where I'd be without my faith in Jesus Christ.  So, if a family moves into our community we welcome them with open arms no matter if their kids are superstars or just model student/citizens.  Its a way of life in Southern Indiana and South Gibson.  Sometimes including myself we need to pluck the log out of our eye my friends.  Have a blessed day.                     

16 hours ago, Titan32 said:

It appears Bosse is the SIAC skill feeder school. (ok no Castle jokes here lol)

Good morning my friend. It has been this way for years with Bosse and the SIAC. It's funny that you mention Castle, because it reminded me of when they were able to snatch Big Play Ray from the Bulldogs years ago. Now enjoy this juicy fart sandwich and good luck to the Titans this year.

• Thanks 1

Geez lo weez! Now we're turning to Jesus Christ to defend the GS "superteam." 

Look, no one on here accused GS of any wrongdoing. It's not like any team in Southern Indiana wouldn't have accepted those players. They just all happened to choose to play/live at GS - so it is their good fortune. 

I don't think you can ignore the narrative however...and I was just wondering how that would sit with the GS faithful. 

I think I have my answer in that "we don't care. It happens at P/P's all the time" 

Got it, moving on. 

17 hours ago, jets said:

I would most closely agree with this.  I'm sure GS saw areas of deficiencies, and these individuals likely will put them over the top.  At this level, the addition of a couple players can make a drastic difference. 

Gibson would have been very good anyway.    Maybe HH can produce some sort of challenge....and by challenge I mean not a running clock.  It is a contrast in styles....HH can be physical.  Get some first downs, and keep the clock running.  

However, they are miles better than anyone else in the PAC.