Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

On 9/19/2021 at 8:46 AM, Reb08 said:

Great point regarding why the OL is on top of the DL during a pass play.  This is not an uncommon occurrence for this particular O-Lineman during the course of the game.  Actually, this fuzzy photo reinforces the point I was trying to make.  Didn't see quite as much of this from him on Friday.  Maybe the crew was watching it more?

Serious question.   How many starters for Gibson Southern are transfers from other schools?

Seriously trying to figure out why a guy from SS gives two hoots about GS? I mean you are the school that got 2 basketball transfers last year aren't you? Can you name me the names of the father's of those two kids that moved in to SS?  Those were a lot more shaky than the move ins GS got. Maybe 63 stole your girl, or he stole your kids spot? Btw just how have you seen so much after the fact video, unless your in the stands at GS games more than at SS? Also if your an adult, shame on you for getting on a blog, and going after a 17 year old kid. If you had any guts you could just call the GS high school AD, and complain to him. He is the football coach, or just message me and I'll give you 63's dad's phone number, and you can talk to him.

9 minutes ago, jets said:

Geez lo weez! Now we're turning to Jesus Christ to defend the GS "superteam." 

Look, no one on here accused GS of any wrongdoing. It's not like any team in Southern Indiana wouldn't have accepted those players. They just all happened to choose to play/live at GS - so it is their good fortune. 

I don't think you can ignore the narrative however...and I was just wondering how that would sit with the GS faithful. 

I think I have my answer in that "we don't care. It happens at P/P's all the time" 

Got it, moving on. 

Great players attract great players, as you know well.  

We will see how it all plays out.  The specific group has yet to win a sectional (or the conference)....my guess is that it ends very different this year.  Everything seems to be in place.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

So....any predictions on this weeks games?

GS over HH

MV over Boon: MV up early and often, win by 3+ scores.

NP over Tec: shouldn't be close, 4+ scores.

NK over PC: sorry chargers, but I think that's all for this year, 3+ scores.

Wton over Pton: can't make myself do it, Wton by 1 point.

FP over SS: SS should keep it within 2 scores.

SR over TC: close in first half, SR pulls away, 2+ scores.

1 hour ago, Butkus said:

Seriously trying to figure out why a guy from SS gives two hoots about GS? I mean you are the school that got 2 basketball transfers last year aren't you? Can you name me the names of the father's of those two kids that moved in to SS?  Those were a lot more shaky than the move ins GS got. Maybe 63 stole your girl, or he stole your kids spot? Btw just how have you seen so much after the fact video, unless your in the stands at GS games more than at SS? Also if your an adult, shame on you for getting on a blog, and going after a 17 year old kid. If you had any guts you could just call the GS high school AD, and complain to him. He is the football coach, or just message me and I'll give you 63's dad's phone number, and you can talk to him.

As I stated before, haven’t been at SS for years.  And don’t keep us with basketball, so really not familiar with what you are speaking of.  

Not overly concerned with you opinion, just like I’m sure you aren’t with mine.  

8 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

As I stated before, haven’t been at SS for years.  And don’t keep us with basketball, so really not familiar with what you are speaking of.  

Not overly concerned with you opinion, just like I’m sure you aren’t with mine.  

So your not familiar with two of the greatest athletes in SS history? I mean their pictures are everywhere in the school, and have been for years! There's not a person from Rockport that wouldn't know who they are, but you prove my point. Who was your football coach at SS? And if you coached at SS you knew who these guys were too.

3 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

HH vs GS--I'm not going to comment, I mean how can you compete with all those transfers!  I joke, seriously....I'm kidding, that was a ridiculous discussion.  HH will struggle to keep this game close if we resort back to the turnover machine we were in the first 4 games.  Our defense is good, but the DBs will have their work cut out for them for sure.  

MV vs Boonville -- MV by 28

NP vs Tecumseh -- NP by 40

NK by a few

Princeton over Washington--did Pike Central really beat Washington?  

Forest Park in a close one

SR over TC in a close one

NK by a few...gee thanks...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Butkus said:

So your not familiar with two of the greatest athletes in SS history? I mean their pictures are everywhere in the school, and have been for years! There's not a person from Rockport that wouldn't know who they are, but you prove my point. Who was your football coach at SS? And if you coached at SS you knew who these guys were too.

Is that where Larry Bird played? I'm pretty sure it was a small school in southern indiana

50 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

GIbson Southern JV 54 Southridge 7

Southridge never disappoints.  Slowest chain gang in the state.  They must have an agreement with the Waters of Huntingburg to supply personnel.  Numerous times tonight the box didn't get in place until after the 1st down play was completed.  Same thing every year.

And a pet peeve with officials not knowing the rules.  The mercy rule correctly applied stops the clock on time outs, injuries, and scores.  Starts back once the receiving team touches the ball on the kickoff.  Amazes me that a paid official doesn't know the rules.

10 hours ago, Butkus said:

Butkus, it looks like you are talking about the 2 basketball players you said transferred to South Spencer last year. If that is the case why would their pictures be everywhere in the school for years?

11 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Great players attract great players, as you know well.  

We will see how it all plays out.  The specific group has yet to win a sectional (or the conference)....my guess is that it ends very different this year.  Everything seems to be in place.

I believe that Gibson Southern did win the Big School Division conference championship. I don't think that Southridge beating them changes that because Southridge is in the Small School Division.

31 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Butkus, it looks like you are talking about the 2 basketball players you said transferred to South Spencer last year. If that is the case why would their pictures be everywhere in the school for years?

I'm talking about their dads pictures. The transfers dad's both were high level athletes at SS, but somehow Reb? doesn't know who they are.  Seems like he could have just called one of his former coaches that was on the football staff to find out.  I mean he did coach at SS years ago? Yet he still hasn't said what coach he coached under. It would be like Colson Montgomery coming back to Southridge after several years in the majors, and enrolling his kid at Southridge, and not knowing who he was.  

Edited by Butkus

13 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Good win for PC! 

Speak for yourself lol

In all seriousness this game really surprised me. I wan't sure PC had it in them, but they proved me wrong big time. I'm sure victory number one for Coach Brashear was that much sweeter against his old squad. This week's Princeton match up is our last shot for a W this season; I don't foresee us competing well with Boonville, HH, or Mt. Vernon. They always say sectionals begins a whole new season so you never know if a revenge game will be played because of a lucky draw, but look for a scorching hot Owen Valley team (who's OC was PC's HC for the past three seasons) to run away with the Sectional 30 title.

Washington, Boonville, and Princeton are struggling this year. Mt Vernon and Vincennes seem to be hot/cold - a great class of athletes every few years. (The new coach at MTV might be able to sustain more than a one year blip but that hasn’t been the case in the last few years.) 

It seems that with them and Jasper’s success in the SIAC, the Big 8 conference was destined to break apart at some point. 

On 9/21/2021 at 8:28 AM, oldtimeqb said:

Washington, Boonville, and Princeton are struggling this year. Mt Vernon and Vincennes seem to be hot/cold - a great class of athletes every few years. (The new coach at MTV might be able to sustain more than a one year blip but that hasn’t been the case in the last few years.) 

It seems that with them and Jasper’s success in the SIAC, the Big 8 conference was destined to break apart at some point. 

Nice (subscriber) article on MTV and their season/approach this week in the C&P.