Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

11 hours ago, Titan20 said:

The lack of talk from Lincoln City is surprising. Being the number 2 ranked team in 3A by Sagarin and 12th overall, I thought there would be more talk this week.  

Heritage Hills High School has had a rough week off the field. 

12 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Same except always bet against princeton….especially if your woman is a graduate from Princeton 😂  

one of these days I’ll be forced to sleep on the couch  on a Friday night 

I agree with of 32's too.  Washington could win but doubtful.  GS will need to stop the run because we all know HH will try to ground and pound.  

1 hour ago, sr1 said:

Heritage Hills High School has had a rough week off the field. 

You've got that right!  Tough for the community!  Blake's farming accident, and also lost a member of the senior class (Hailee Houston) from a car accident that happened a couple weeks ago while driving to the football game.  Really puts things in proper perspective.  The Patriots will show up and give it all they have and play for Blake #25.

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Do you know if there is any update on Blake?  Praying for the best possible outcome.

Below is a public update from yesterday from Blake's mother.  Please continue to keep Blake and his family your thoughts and prayers.

Day 6 Update

When a new baby is born, parents count ten little fingers and ten little toes and deem them “absolutely perfect”. Over the years, we have watched our “perfect baby” grow into an amazing, determined, strong young man and we now know that 10 fingers and 10 toes are secondary to being a wonderful human being.

Since Blake’s accident, the doctors have been completely upfront and honest with us every single step of the way. Today's surgery made it clear that there wasn't a lower leg left to save and resulted in a below-the-knee amputation. It went as well as we had hoped for considering the circumstances. There will now be several days of wait-and-see time to determine if this will be viable or if an above-knee amputation will be needed. On a happy note Blake has been doing so well we were moved out of the PICU to a regular room late today. We are so thankful for the guidance of his doctors and nurses the continued support of our family and friends, and most importantly the love of our God who has allowed us to keep Blake on this earth for many many years to come. Life is like a box of chocolates and God just handed us a different box to open. We never know what we are going to get, but we are sure that it will be something wonderful.

47 minutes ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Below is a public update from yesterday from Blake's mother.  Please continue to keep Blake and his family your thoughts and prayers.

Day 6 Update

When a new baby is born, parents count ten little fingers and ten little toes and deem them “absolutely perfect”. Over the years, we have watched our “perfect baby” grow into an amazing, determined, strong young man and we now know that 10 fingers and 10 toes are secondary to being a wonderful human being.

Since Blake’s accident, the doctors have been completely upfront and honest with us every single step of the way. Today's surgery made it clear that there wasn't a lower leg left to save and resulted in a below-the-knee amputation. It went as well as we had hoped for considering the circumstances. There will now be several days of wait-and-see time to determine if this will be viable or if an above-knee amputation will be needed. On a happy note Blake has been doing so well we were moved out of the PICU to a regular room late today. We are so thankful for the guidance of his doctors and nurses the continued support of our family and friends, and most importantly the love of our God who has allowed us to keep Blake on this earth for many many years to come. Life is like a box of chocolates and God just handed us a different box to open. We never know what we are going to get, but we are sure that it will be something wonderful.

Thank you for sharing.  Life is fragile and you are correct, this really does put things in proper perspective.  God is good.  Praying! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Day 6 Update

Thank you for the update.  Let's all be thankful for the important things.  Continued Prayers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

This weeks results and next weeks games:

image.thumb.png.f330d02d6c942d58b8d97de94bd55ec9.png

Boonville must be WAY better than their record indicates. 

From what I’ve seen on Twitter/SR1 in the score updates, the Pioneers outplayed MV for 3 1/2 Quarters.  

but someone on here also said MV plays hot and cold so who knows. 

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

This weeks results and next weeks games:

image.thumb.png.f330d02d6c942d58b8d97de94bd55ec9.png

Boonville must be WAY better than their record indicates. 

Mt Vernon and North Posey must have been reading too many press clippings lately.  It happens with 16-17 year olds.

But I will take an ugly win over a loss any day. 

• Like 1

My observations after finally getting to see my Hatchets in person this weekend:

Best part about freshman is they become sophomores, sophomores become juniors, etc. Didn't realize how young this team actually was (only 6 seniors on the roster sheet I had). The staff has some guys who know the game of football; these young bucks just need to continue to soak up the info.

Princeton definitely had the better athletes on the field Friday evening. One day I think we'll have the athletes who can run like they did. Friday night was not that day. Alas, I will continue to look towards the future!

These Hatchets didn't give up the fight. I always stay until the final buzzer and I was encouraged by the players still working to get open and running hard after the catch trying to get just one more score. Previous squads would've mailed it in. I believe this is a testament to the culture Coach Morris and Co. are instilling in the program. This will prove vital if this rebuild is to be fruitful.

Hatchet's best case scenario for a victory this season will be a first round draw of Pike Central. Even though I didn't get to see the game last week, I believe if the Hatchet team I saw against Princeton Friday night takes the field against PC again, it could be a different story. Not guaranteeing a W by any means; just saying that's their best opportunity. Next three weeks are about surviving the gauntlet and coming out healthy.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:22 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

FCBB43E3-4EAD-4816-8DF1-92B47DC6AA65.thumb.jpeg.ea85dc0c8c4def5b0147e6e5f16da38b.jpeg

@Reb08is this dirty? 

Great win by Gibson Southern over Heritage.  Will take a special team to beat them if they stay healthy.  Just so everyone knows I'm not crazy, a personal foul was called on #63 on this very play.  Kudos to the official for calling it, as he was right on top of it.  Appears that something might have been said as he unnecessarily pulled the kid down, jumped on him, and then said something.   Pretty clear from EZ view. This was the first scoring play for Gibson against  Southridge.  

I will say that this stuff was almost non-existent against Heritage.   Gibson has a great staff.....sure they are getting it cleaned up 

53 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Great win by Gibson Southern over Heritage.  Will take a special team to beat them if they stay healthy.  Just so everyone knows I'm not crazy, a personal foul was called on #63 on this very play.  Kudos to the official for calling it, as he was right on top of it.  Appears that something might have been said as he unnecessarily pulled the kid down, jumped on him, and then said something.   Pretty clear from EZ view. This was the first scoring play for Gibson against  Southridge.  

I will say that this stuff was almost non-existent against Heritage.   Gibson has a great staff.....sure they are getting it cleaned up 

Just went and watched this on Hudl.  Nothing was illegal on this play.  The official called a personal foul after the play...a dead ball penalty that was marked off on the kickoff.  The score counted.  Cade must have said something after the play or pushed off the SR lineman getting up. 

Curious when do you deem it necessary to knock an opponent to the ground during a football game?  If this in your eyes was unnecessary.  Didn't know it was GS's job to keep you upright.

Edited by Titan20

23 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Kudos to the official for calling it, as he was right on top of it.  Appears that something might have been said as he unnecessarily pulled the kid down, jumped on him, and then said something.

So your issue then, clearly, is the teenage kid that you, as an adult (presumably, not quite sure at this point), are continuing to call out on a public forum is in danger of hurting an opponents feelings? Because you should be specific for what the flag was thrown for... not the block (the U didn't throw it there), not the pancake to the ground (the U didn't  throw it there either), but getting up and trash talking.

Kudos indeed to the official for watching this entire play from first contact through the pancake block and not throwing the flag until the play was over and said player stood over the kid on his back. That was four full seconds from the time the kid hit the ground, the OT immediatly stood up (no lingering), and looked down on the DE. THEN the U pulled the flag.

Count four seconds out, starting from zero. Go on, I'll  wait. Use your fingers if you have to.

Ok, now tell me with a straight face the official threw that flag on anything but what might have come out of his mouth as he was standing upright over the DE. 

I had thought your issue was with how "dirty" this kid was and that he was going to get someone hurt by playing to the whistle and performing violent, while extraordinarily legal, acts in the field of play. But I was clearly mistaken. I now see your concern is obviously vested with ensuring the DE on his back doesn't have to hear that his momma REALLY IS fat, or whatever nonsense trash talk comes out of a 17 year olds mouth in the heat of the moment.

Thank the good Lord above we have these fine officials making the calls on the field and not, well, you. We'd never get home on a Friday night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reb08 said:

Lol....so then watched the HH game on Hudl.  Spoiler Alert***** On GS first scoring drive, the TD pass to Heltsley....HH's #54 ends up on his back with #63 on top of him.  No penalty called.  So apparently you weren't at the HH game.  Are you with SR?

3 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Just curious...where did get the EZ view?  You know teams don't share their show their EZ view in conference right?  Kinda narrows it down.

So Mt. Vernon 6-0 won a close game against a winless team that lead most of the game.  Did Booneville play its best game of the season so far?  Has Mt. Vernon not really played anyone of strength?  What can GS expect Friday night?  I would expect it will be our toughest conference opponent of the season.  I'm sure we leave there with the win but I would expect the starters to play the full game.  Any thoughts?         

20 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

So Mt. Vernon 6-0 won a close game against a winless team that lead most of the game.  Did Booneville play its best game of the season so far?  Has Mt. Vernon not really played anyone of strength?  What can GS expect Friday night?  I would expect it will be our toughest conference opponent of the season.  I'm sure we leave there with the win but I would expect the starters to play the full game.  Any thoughts?         

Expectation?  Expect to win by at least 40.  They beat us by 8 and we turned over the ball FIVE TIMES.  You will win and win big.  They are obviously decent but they aren't at GS level.   It may not be your toughest conference game...maybe I'm wrong, but you are looking at winning by 6 scores IMO.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Expectation?  Expect to win by at least 40.  They beat us by 8 and we turned over the ball FIVE TIMES.  You will win and win big.  They are obviously decent but they aren't at GS level.   It may not be your toughest conference game...maybe I'm wrong, but you are looking at winning by 6 scores IMO.

Well I hope your right.  My nieces husband is the voice of the Wildcats and I'd like that very much lol.  

On 9/26/2021 at 2:42 PM, Titan32 said:

Just curious...where did get the EZ view?  You know teams don't share their show their EZ view in conference right?  Kinda narrows it down.

DumfriesYMCA posted a picture of the play from the EZ. That is what he quoted when he said "Pretty clear from EZ view. So yes we can narrow it down to the guy from Gibson Southern he quoted.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sr1 said:

DumfriesYMCA posted a picture of the play from the EZ. That is what he quoted when he said "Pretty clear from EZ view. So yes we can narrow it down to the guy from Gibson Southern he quoted.

I got that from Twitter dude.  That pancake is everywhere on the Twitterverse.  

but it’s only the 2nd best pancake picture for a GS player I’ve seen

there was one a few years back of I believe Big Country Braden tucker….all 6’5 315lbs just laying on top of some poor kid. 

7 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I got that from Twitter dude.  That pancake is everywhere on the Twitterverse.  

but it’s only the 2nd best pancake picture for a GS player I’ve seen

there was one a few years back of I believe Big Country Braden tucker….all 6’5 315lbs just laying on top of some poor kid. 

our 305 lb Mark Doyle had a pretty good one in the regional game in 2019.  Belly flopped right on top of a 160 lb kid.  poor little guy.

12 hours ago, sr1 said:

He references film multiple times.  This was twitter video and everyone knew that including him.

• Thanks 1