Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

our 305 lb Mark Doyle had a pretty good one in the regional game in 2019.  Belly flopped right on top of a 160 lb kid.  poor little guy.

I tried finding the picture of the GS pancake but no luck.  I love seeing them from the OL guys who never get enough credit.

is Doyle playing college ball? I believe he had some offers but might have been a multiple sport stud? 

27 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I tried finding the picture of the GS pancake but no luck.  I love seeing them from the OL guys who never get enough credit.

is Doyle playing college ball? I believe he had some offers but might have been a multiple sport stud? 

He is not playing.  Student at Purdue.

11 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

So let's discuss the elephant in the room.  Is there really that much separation between Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon and Boonville?  Not saying there is or isn't but could one logical conclude these teams are pretty closely matched?

Yes, I would say very close.  While I am obviously biased, HH beats Mt. Vernon if we got to play again.  5 turnovers is hard to overcome (but we only lost by 5)

But yes, you are accurate, I believe.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

So let's discuss the elephant in the room.  Is there really that much separation between Heritage Hills, Mt. Vernon and Boonville?  Not saying there is or isn't but could one logical conclude these teams are pretty closely matched?

I would throw Southridge in as well.  The SR-HH game in a couple weeks will be very competitive.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Am I remembering correctly that MTV is pretty young and their QB is good but only a sophomore?

might be a thing where they are just getting their feet under them?

According to MaxPreps they have 7 SR - 6 JR - 12 SO and several with no grade identified.  You here overrated and several teams that are close in talent but they are undefeated for a reason.  I would not take them lightly and I'm confident we won't.   

Sounds like no matter what happens this year MTV is going to have a solid group next year and should be contending 

regardless of the school…any time a PAC team finds success with young guys you can book it that by the time they are seniors they are a really good team…..Tell City comes to mind for this especially.  Every few years they have a class who started since freshman and they have a rock solid defense for the year 

B

NP

GS

HH

TC

SR

C & P Staff Predictions 

Gibson Southern (5-1) at Mount Vernon (6-0)

KS: Gibson Southern 40, Mount Vernon 28.

GE: Gibson Southern 38, Mount Vernon 17.

CL: Gibson Southern 42, Mount Vernon 21.

HM: Gibson Southern 35, Mount Vernon 27.

WF: Gibson Southern 42, Mount Vernon 21.

1 hour ago, GS Titan 78 said:

C & P Staff Predictions 

Gibson Southern (5-1) at Mount Vernon (6-0)

KS: Gibson Southern 40, Mount Vernon 28.

GE: Gibson Southern 38, Mount Vernon 17.

CL: Gibson Southern 42, Mount Vernon 21.

HM: Gibson Southern 35, Mount Vernon 27.

WF: Gibson Southern 42, Mount Vernon 21.

Looking at these predictions, now I understand why they put GS at #2 in the area power rankings.  They don’t have a clue!  Hendrix thinks it’ll be a 8 point game and Kyle 12…lol.  Dudes have never made a tackle in their life unless you count tackling that chocolate long john in the break room!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Looking at these predictions, now I understand why they put GS at #2 in the area power rankings.  They don’t have a clue!  Hendrix thinks it’ll be a 8 point game and Kyle 12…lol.  Dudes have never made a tackle in their life unless you count tackling that chocolate long john in the break room!

Agreed.  

Larry Csonka that's what I'm talking about.  Titan 32 now that's a beast.  lol    

17 minutes ago, Titan20 said:

Dudes have never made a tackle in their life unless you count tackling that chocolate long john in the break room!

Why would anyone tackle a donut? That is alot of work just to tackle an inanimate object. First you have to find a way to prop it up on its end. Then cleaning the chocolate icing off of yourself and surrounding area would take some time. Do not even get me started on if the donut had a cream, custard, or jelly filling. No I wouldn't suggest tackling food. It just doesn't make any sense.

1 hour ago, Titan20 said:

It will be a 40 point game.  At least.

51 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Why would anyone tackle a donut? That is alot of work just to tackle an inanimate object. First you have to find a way to prop it up on its end. Then cleaning the chocolate icing off of yourself and surrounding area would take some time. Do not even get me started on if the donut had a cream, custard, or jelly filling. No I wouldn't suggest tackling food. It just doesn't make any sense.

Tanka… you’re a literary genius.  😂

Synonyms - approach, take on, see to, pursue, attack, busy oneself with…

I don’t know about you, but I’ve done all of those with way too many Donut Bank donuts.

I hope y’all are right about this but I’m sure there will be an absolutely packed house in Mt Vernon with hundreds of people who will make it harder on GS

although the most impressive thing about GS these past 10 years hasn’t always been the on field performances…but rather how many GS fans travel to the games. 

always pretty cool to see the GS visiting side with a number that makes you question if they have more people there than the home team