Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

3 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I hope y’all are right about this but I’m sure there will be an absolutely packed house in Mt Vernon with hundreds of people who will make it harder on GS

although the most impressive thing about GS these past 10 years hasn’t always been the on field performances…but rather how many GS fans travel to the games. 

always pretty cool to see the GS visiting side with a number that makes you question if they have more people there than the home team 

Too bad there won’t be a GS vs Memorial sectional game in 3A, those game were always packed 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Too bad there won’t be a GS vs Memorial sectional game in 3A, those game were always packed 

Is Memorial still going to be in 4A if and when GS is bumped up to 4A because of enrollment? Not sure what year it is on success factor or how many points Memorial has….it might be a bit before we get to see it again 

2 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Is Memorial still going to be in 4A if and when GS is bumped up to 4A because of enrollment? Not sure what year it is on success factor or how many points Memorial has….it might be a bit before we get to see it again 

We are in it for another 2 years, since it’s a new cycle, but depending on how we do the next 2-3 years, we could be in it a lot longer. So there is a strong possibility that we will meant again in the future

Edited by TigerFan20
  • Like 1

Just now, DumfriesYMCA said:

To add…..It might be easier to stay up in 5A for memorial than it would be at 4A.

its 1 less game to get the points at 5A and 6A than the 1A-4A

If we made it to regionals and won that last year, we would be in 5A this year. Which wouldn’t be the most fun thing 

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

If we made it to regionals and won that last year, we would be in 5A this year. Which wouldn’t be the most fun thing 

Lol….this is why they need to make 1A 32 teams or whatever it works out to 

32-64-64-64-64-and then whatever is left for 1A 

i think great 3A programs can compete in 4A no problem 

but I would hate to see a 3A team stuck in 5A where it’s an incredible battle to win it all without having the numbers 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

but I would hate to see a 3A team stuck in 5A where it’s an incredible battle to win it all without having the numbers 

Especially since we are nearing 2A enrollment 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

32-64-64-64-64-32 (actually fewer) makes tremendously more statistical sense. The enrollment lines would also be farther apart, so teams would naturally stay in a class longer (not considering success points).

13 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

32-64-64-64-64-32 (actually fewer) makes tremendously more statistical sense. The enrollment lines would also be farther apart, so teams would naturally stay in a class longer (not considering success points).

Actually something like:

1A: # of teams left

2A: 96 teams

3A: 96 teams

4A: 24 teams w/4 sectionals of 6 teams, no regional round) - any fair success factor changes to increase the competition in the largest class would be welcomed.

Without changing the success factor too much, instead of looking at the previous two years, you look at the previous four years and throw out the season with the most points and the least points to get a median average, which IMO is a much better measure of a program than the current system...

6 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Actually something like:

1A: # of teams left

2A: 96 teams

3A: 96 teams

4A: 24 teams w/4 sectionals of 6 teams, no regional round) - any fair success factor changes to increase the competition in the largest class would be welcomed.

Without changing the success factor too much, instead of looking at the previous two years, you look at the previous four years and throw out the season with the most points and the least points to get a median average, which IMO is a much better measure of a program than the current system...

ETA: Where is just a straight list of enrollment and classification for football for the current cycle? The IHSAA used to release the enrollment numbers, along w/1-64 in each class and an asterisk on success/relegation teams. All I can find are these - https://www.ihsaa.org/Schools/Enrollments-Classifications - which doesn't include the current cycle by enrollment.

44 minutes ago, GS Titan 78 said:

Yes I agree however I do believe MTV is laying a foundation for a solid program and bright future.     

I agree, think they have some talent for the future, but tonight was not their night. And no one can stop Allen at all, dude is a straight up beast. 350 yards in the 1H, that is just incredible 

On 9/12/2021 at 2:18 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

As always don't dismiss HH or MV or SR yet against GS. Kryptonite seems to appear at the most inopportune times. That being said, I fully expect the Titans to run the table in the PAC and 3A this year. 

Well the 3 combined scores of games with GS vs MV, HH, & SR….159-18 with running clocks to start the 2nd half in all 3.  No kryptonite in sight!

Edited by Titan20

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

So what happened? Some fan bad mouth talking to some players after the game?

Pretty sure the guy in the first picture couldn’t carry this guys Jock!

image.jpeg.ac4c328af819ac1a24efe1928d3af9a7.jpeg

This guy is who trained GS #63. I’m sure #63’s family would take what this guys says over anyone else that has commented on #63’s playing. 

If you don’t know who he is, do your own research. 

• Like 3