Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

That would be interesting 

I think the bigger concern though would be how much the other schools value the current flexibility.

I haven't looked at all the PAC schedules, but isn't GS the only one who has scheduled multiple teams from outside of the PAC?  I know SR and Boonville played Linton, but other that aren't most schools just filling their non-conf slots with schools from the other division?  

1 hour ago, tango said:

I haven't looked at all the PAC schedules, but isn't GS the only one who has scheduled multiple teams from outside of the PAC?  I know SR and Boonville played Linton, but other that aren't most schools just filling their non-conf slots with schools from the other division?  

Oh maybe.  But that’s not to say it’s not a benefit….like all perks, you have to use them to enjoy them 

I just imagine that if in the future GS isn’t doing as well that we could find more 3A/4A sized opponents instead of 5A/6A 

and then if we have a strong young class then maybe put in the works to get some tougher opponents for their senior year to really get the team ready 

13 hours ago, tango said:

Washington had three non-PAC opponents scheduled for this season: West Vigo out of the WIC (whom they weren't able to play because of rampant, non-COVID illness throughout the team), McClean Co. out of Kentucky (which was a late addition to the schedule), and North Daviess out of the SWC (inter-county rivalry game). One cross-division game is against Pike Central (another rivalry game). Other five games are Big School Division games.

16 hours ago, tango said:

I would argue that of the better programs in the PAC, GS is the only one who has truly made the most of their non-conference slots (Southridge had Linton, but that will be gone next year).  Why do teams schedule who they schedule, NOT making the most of it?  Because it is easy.  You aren't going to get any better than who you play.  I am frustrated with our non-conference schedule, but that doesn't matter.  

For example, most years it does neither us or Tell City any good to play each other.  BTW--I haven't forgot last years loss, one of 6 losing seasons in 49 years.  We would all like to forget last year for all kids of reasons.

4 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

Why do teams schedule who they schedule, NOT making the most of it?  Because it is easy.  You aren't going to get any better than who you play.  I am frustrated with our non-conference schedule, but that doesn't matter.  

I agree.  It is easier.  But I sure as heck would NOT want the job of being a HS AD. Schools where the football coach is also the AD probably have some advantage with this.     

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I don't believe the Titans have punted to a conference opponent yet (as hard as the crew at Mt. Vernon tried).  Could the Tigers be the first conference team for force a punt?!

Lol Tigers 

if HH didn’t do it, no way does Princeton…unless it’s self inflicted penalties by GS and GS stopping themselves 

I just asked my fiancé who is a Princeton Alum…even she has no hope for them 

6 minutes ago, Titan76 said:

Is there any Princeton fans on here anymore?  Are there any Princeton fans in general?

It’s hard for any fans to cheer or back a sport that struggles. I feel like tonight Princeton will have a fair crowd but i believe this will feel more like a home game for the Titans than the Tigers.

It’s great to be young and a TITAN!

I remember last year during this game a Princeton player took a swing at our player and both were ejected.  The next week our player was cleared of no wrong doing.  Our center was lost for the season because of a knee injury.  I hope we see none of that tonight.  This game should be a blowout and I give Princeton zero chances.  I’m more concerned we leave the field tonight healthy.  

29 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

County rivalry sort of....has kind of lost its luster.

I’m confused… so you saying we don’t have to tell the boys the stories of Sun Tzu, Alexander the Great, and Cortez? We’re not burning boats now?

image.jpeg.6aa2a9767b8ecb2432a0fdd24a3e6cfe.jpeg

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

County rivalry sort of....has kind of lost its luster.

I feel your pain.  Our in county rival hasn't been a rival in years because it just isn't an interesting game.  

Years ago, SS had a decent program and it was a fun game.  Now they just try to hurt people and you just hope you drop your 50 point and leave intact.

GS-Princeton--63-0

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Titan76 said:

Is there any Princeton fans on here anymore?  Are there any Princeton fans in general?

I think most Princeton fans stick to what they know they are good at 

which is basketball….which for a Hoosier school, that’s just as good as football in the eyes of most people. 

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think most Princeton fans stick to what they know they are good at 

which is basketball….which for a Hoosier school, that’s just as good as football in the eyes of most people. 

I’m hearing there’s a dry spell coming along with that too!

• Like 1