Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

46 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Mt. Vernon gets Gibson Southern again in the sectional. Yikes.

Arguably 1v2 

the one thing nobody wants to see 

happy to see HH on the other side though lol.  HH vs GS round 1 probably the least ideal matchup for the sectional just in terms of fan bases and what that matchup would possibly mean to both teams. 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

On 10/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Arguably 1v2 

Ok, I'll bite.  1v2 is not arguable.

At best, 1v3.  Arguably... 1v4.

On 10/10/2021 at 5:46 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

happy to see HH on the other side though lol.

Exactly.  There is a reason this is true, and not because HH is historically a thorn in GS's sectional side.  It's because they are better that MV in 2021.  Week one was a fluke. MV won, not taking that away from them.  But plus five TO margin (memory there, could be different) and you win by one score? C'mon. HH silver plattered that one to MV, and then some.

HH>MV 8 of 10 games.  SR>MV 7 of 10.  Anyone that says sectional 32 championship is being played in the bottom bracket of round one is either misinformed, ignorant of PAC football, or from Posey County.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Esso Ayche said:

Anyone that says sectional 32 championship is being played in the bottom bracket of round one is either misinformed, ignorant of PAC football, or from Posey County.  

And no offense to you, Dumfries!! After re-reading, that sounded like I was bashing you, and that wasn't my intent.  I know you bleed Maroon, Gold, and White.  Plus you're too nice a guy to say mean/honest things to other teams... so I felt compelled to do it for you. 😬 

My apologies if any offense was taken.

19 minutes ago, tango said:

It doesn't matter who is arguably #2.  Nobody in this Sectional can compete with GS this year. 

Arguably... what else are we supposed to argue about? 😄

First let's get through Boonville this week, (arguably) the toughest PAC opponent on paper (#2 in points scored and #2 in points allowed in the big PAC (113 and 40 respectively in 4 games, only behind GS).  I think their 2-2 conference record is deceiving.  They may not have the horses of 2020, but they shouldn't be overlooked.  You give a team like the Pioneers a brush off in a week of practice and you may get a bloody lip come Friday night.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Arguably... what else are we supposed to argue about? 😄

First let's get through Boonville this week, (arguably) the toughest PAC opponent on paper (#2 in points scored and #2 in points allowed in the big PAC (113 and 40 respectively in 4 games, only behind GS).  I think their 2-2 conference record is deceiving.  They may not have the horses of 2020, but they shouldn't be overlooked.  You give a team like the Pioneers a brush off in a week of practice and you may get a bloody lip come Friday night.

Boonville is not that good.  There will be a running clock in that game.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

Ok, I'll bite.  1v2 is not arguable.

At best, 1v3.  Arguably... 1v4.

Exactly.  There is a reason this is true, and not because HH is historically a thorn in GS's sectional side.  It's because they are better that MV in 2021.  Week one was a fluke. MV won, not taking that away from them.  But plus five TO margin (memory there, could be different) and you win by one score? C'mon. HH silver plattered that one to MV, and then some.

HH>MV 8 of 10 games.  SR>MV 7 of 10.  Anyone that says sectional 32 championship is being played in the bottom bracket of round one is either misinformed, ignorant of PAC football, or from Posey County.  

Actually, I would argue that you are the thorn in the side!  ☺️  We feel really fortunate as we have not got a draw like this in years!  Never happens.  HOWEVER, I will say it again as you have already pointed out--we are the better team over MV.  I wanted them in the 1st round.  5 TOs and they win by 8?  As you said we win this game 8 out of 10 times.

By the way, I want the sectional final in the Jungle, 33 degrees, with a torrential downpour--this is my best case scenario.  So you are saying there is a chance....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Esso Ayche said:

And no offense to you, Dumfries!! After re-reading, that sounded like I was bashing you, and that wasn't my intent.  I know you bleed Maroon, Gold, and White.  Plus you're too nice a guy to say mean/honest things to other teams... so I felt compelled to do it for you. 😬 

My apologies if any offense was taken.

Oh you’re all good 

as a GS fan it’s a bit of a weird year.  Like I’m confident GS can win every game and by a wide margin but I’m just not trying to pound the drum every week about them and I want to make sure there is some respect given to the other teams…partially so I don’t jinx it….and partially cuz like…HH and MTV and even Southridge are good teams and I’m not going to put out material saying they are bad just because GS has a special senior class 

imo I’m not sure if HH or MTV is #2.  A lot has changed since week 1.  I would have loved to see those two teams meet again in sectionals but now of course I don’t want it to happen since it would mean a GS elimination haha 

54 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Actually, I would argue that you are the thorn in the side!  ☺️  We feel really fortunate as we have not got a draw like this in years!  Never happens.  HOWEVER, I will say it again as you have already pointed out--we are the better team over MV.  I wanted them in the 1st round.  5 TOs and they win by 8?  As you said we win this game 8 out of 10 times.

By the way, I want the sectional final in the Jungle, 33 degrees, with a torrential downpour--this is my best case scenario.  So you are saying there is a chance....

Careful what you wish for.  Let's just say this team is prepared for inclement weather.  🙂

Is it even possible for HH to have a home game sectional final? 

looking at the bracket….the only outcome that I can see is that Salem has to beat Southridge then GS/MTV…both of those games on the road

unless I’m mistaken on how it works out, it just seems unlikely based on how home games are determined 

1 hour ago, HHPatriots said:

I don’t see how these kind of conditions would even be in favor for your team??

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Careful what you wish for.  Let's just say this team is prepared for inclement weather.  🙂

I am jesting.   I am confident that they are, thus the accompanying video.  With the discipline and mental toughness that GS has right now, I'm pretty sure they would play well in a hurricane.

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

looking at the bracket….the only outcome that I can see is that Salem has to beat Southridge then GS/MTV…both of those games on the road

unless I’m mistaken on how it works out, it just seems unlikely based on how home games are determined 

No, I don't think it is possible.  If it all goes as it appears, HH will be at GS.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

By the way, I will add that this gets kinda screwy....in 2019 we had the sectional final, regional and semi state all as away games (LOS basically a home game for Chatard).  That sucked.  I can't remember the miles traveled but it was a bunch.

3 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

By the way, I will add that this gets kinda screwy....in 2019 we had the sectional final, regional and semi state all as away games (LOS basically a home game for Chatard).  That sucked.  I can't remember the miles traveled but it was a bunch.

It get's overlooked over time but our 2019 team was very very good also.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Pretty sure the 2019 sectional final was played on a grass field if my memory serves correctly....

16 minutes ago, jets said:

Pretty sure the 2019 sectional final was played on a grass field if my memory serves correctly....

My bad, you are correct.  We did have Southridge at home for the final....we had GS in Ft Branch in the semi final.  The rest of them were away.  Regardless, it was a crap ton of miles.

31 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

My bad, you are correct.  We did have Southridge at home for the final....we had GS in Ft Branch in the semi final.  The rest of them were away.  Regardless, it was a crap ton of miles.

Yes it was. Roughly 500 miles.  Regional at Lawrenceburg, Semi-state at Danville , then State basically At Chatard.  Great times and great team!

Edited by HereComesTheBoom
  • Like 1

Calpreps projections

POCKET - BIG SCHOOL
Boonville (IN) at Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN), 8:00pm   
[projection: Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 56-3]
Princeton (IN) at Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN), 8:00pm   [projection: Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) 44-3]
Mt. Vernon (IN) at Washington (IN), 7:30pm   [projection: Mt. Vernon (IN) 62-0]

POCKET - SMALL SCHOOL
North Posey (Poseyville, IN) at Pike Central (Petersburg, IN), 7:30pm   
[projection: North Posey (Poseyville, IN) 52-6]
Forest Park (Ferdinand, IN) at Southridge (Huntingburg, IN), 7:30pm   [projection: Southridge (Huntingburg, IN) 35-7]
South Spencer (Rockport, IN) at Tell City (IN), 8:00pm   [projection: Tell City (IN) 28-22]

3 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Yes it was. Roughly 500 miles.  Regional at Lawrenceburg, Semi-state at Danville , then State basically At Chatard.  Great times and great team!

Happened in 2000 state title year also.  Out of 6 post-season games, only the sectional championship game was at home both times. It's likely also happened to other teams from the far south or far north in the past.  It's because the rules in determining home team give an unintended slight statistical advantage to the teams in the middle of the state.  Chances are, those rules aren't changing any time soon, so we all might as well be ready to travel and be ready to play in any weather and any field conditions!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bcaster said:

Happened in 2000 state title year also.  Out of 6 post-season games, only the sectional championship game was at home both times. It's likely also happened to other teams from the far south or far north in the past.  It's because the rules in determining home team give an unintended slight statistical advantage to the teams in the middle of the state.  Chances are, those rules aren't changing any time soon, so we all might as well be ready to travel and be ready to play in any weather and any field conditions!

If GS is lucky enough to WIN sectional, the path to LUCAS has a very good chance of being 100% on the road.

Just now, Titan32 said:

If GS is lucky enough to WIN sectional, the path to LUCAS has a very good chance of being 100% on the road.

Unless Triwest can beat Danville or Brownstown can beat Lawrenceburg.

Just wanted to point out that Brady Allen is 222 yards away from a big milestone of 10,000 career yards this Friday.  Would be 1 of 7 people to achieve that in Indiana and would join Michael Lindauer to be a 10k passer 

just thought I would point it out as I know it’s week 9 and people really don’t care about this week as much since we are all looking ahead to sectionals.

• Like 2