Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

3 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I also believe that this Reitz JV team beat Castle and Central.  Do any of our SIAC friends know any other JV scores?

Memorial’s (2-3)

8-6 Win over North 

6-0 loss to Central 

35-0 loss to Mater Dei 

Harrison ?

14-12 loss to Bosse

41-8 win over Reitz 

Vincennes Lincoln ?

1 hour ago, tango said:

How so?

For regionals, when both teams have were host in the sectional championship game, or both visitor, they go to a tie-breaker, higher or lower number sectional winner, ie sectional 31 is higher than sectional 32. That tie-breaker is reversed for the semi-state.  For this example, think of each class as having sectionals 1 through 8.  If the tie-breakers are higher # in regional and lower # in semi-state, sectional 1 (the northern most sectional) can only ever be the highest sectional. Sectional 8 (the southern most sectional) can only ever be the lowest sectional and has only one shot to win a tie-breaker each year.  Sectionals 2 through 7 can theoretically win bot the highest and lowest tiebreakers in a given season, depending on how it all breaks out.  I admit, on the face, it seems like a very small thing.  I'm not an expert and can't tell you how statistically significant it is, because you'd have to figure out a way to determine how often those tie-breakers are used and how much more likely those middle sectional winners are to get that advantage.  

I do know it's not the reason HH has had two different trips to the state finals where they only got to play one post-season game at home.  That is a direct result of the rule that states if a team plays both the sectional championship and regional on the road, they automatically host the semi-state.  Both years, HH played only their sectional championship game at home through the regional round, while their opponent played their first two sectional games at home but played both sectional championship and regional on the road. That rule should be changed to use total number of post-season games hosted because, with a blind sectional draw, no one sectional game should hold any more weight than another.  Your toughest game could very well be your sectional opener, or your sectional semi-final.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bcaster said:

For regionals, when both teams have were host in the sectional championship game, or both visitor, they go to a tie-breaker, higher or lower number sectional winner, ie sectional 31 is higher than sectional 32. That tie-breaker is reversed for the semi-state.  For this example, think of each class as having sectionals 1 through 8.  If the tie-breakers are higher # in regional and lower # in semi-state, sectional 1 (the northern most sectional) can only ever be the highest sectional. Sectional 8 (the southern most sectional) can only ever be the lowest sectional and has only one shot to win a tie-breaker each year.  Sectionals 2 through 7 can theoretically win bot the highest and lowest tiebreakers in a given season, depending on how it all breaks out. 

Yet at the same time Sectional 4 and 5 can only be the highest/lowest in their half of the state.  Then the higher/lower switches the following year.  Heritage Hills had some bad luck in 2000 and 2004 - as those are the years they should have hosted semi-state based on tie-breaker but had to go north. But I think statistically there is no advantage based on sectional #. 

2 hours ago, Bcaster said:

That rule should be changed to use total number of post-season games hosted because, with a blind sectional draw, no one sectional game should hold any more weight than another.  Your toughest game could very well be your sectional opener, or your sectional semi-final.  

Completely agree with this.  Memorial played at Danville in 2017 under the same rule loopholes.  Danville hosted 4 straight playoff games (Sec Semi, Sec Final, Reg, SS) while Memorial played 3 of 5 on the road.  

And don't even get me started on Indy and Eastern timezone teams getting to sleep in their own beds while the SW/NE Indiana schools generally have a hotel stay for Lucas Oil early start games. 

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Yet at the same time Sectional 4 and 5 can only be the highest/lowest in their half of the state.  Then the higher/lower switches the following year.  Heritage Hills had some bad luck in 2000 and 2004 - as those are the years they should have hosted semi-state based on tie-breaker but had to go north. But I think statistically there is no advantage based on sectional #. 

Completely agree with this.  Memorial played at Danville in 2017 under the same rule loopholes.  Danville hosted 4 straight playoff games (Sec Semi, Sec Final, Reg, SS) while Memorial played 3 of 5 on the road.  

And don't even get me started on Indy and Eastern timezone teams getting to sleep in their own beds while the SW/NE Indiana schools generally have a hotel stay for Lucas Oil early start games. 

Memorial also had home for Regional and Semi-State in 2017 and 2019.  It just depends on on the year.  There is no advantage by sectional number overall from year to year..

10 hours ago, tango said:

Memorial also had home for Regional and Semi-State in 2017 and 2019.  It just depends on on the year.  There is no advantage by sectional number overall from year to year..

Don't you know the IHSAA takes care of the private schools, another unfair advantage! 🙂 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

image.thumb.png.3cd28a7ec58693c5c30f377e1fd07467.png

That’s interesting.  I feel like he had that team right on the cusp but just couldn’t get over whatever hump that princeton has in front of them

I know Schenk (I apologize if that’s the wrong spelling of his name) had Princeton turned around for a short bit but then he took the job at North Posey.  

2 minutes ago, tango said:

It has to be a daunting task. Also can't help that GS is just a few miles away and has dominated the county. Isn't he related to Coach Hart somehow (maybe marriage)?

Brother in law from my understanding.

it is a tough task…I think the biggest thing for Princeton is probably just getting the kids to buy in for football…Princeton in many ways is like Indiana in terms of athletics….Basketball school. 

it’s been a few years but I believe when Schenk was the coach there his first year I was at the 7on7 at GS and Princeton did really well for that 7on7 and they had an impressive number of football players…truly an impressive amount more than what I had seen of them at any other time.  Idk what Princeton’s numbers have been recently but I think whoever takes over, for them to really succeed, they need to get close to whatever those numbers were…even if the kid is a senior and hasn’t played football in a few years…get them on the team 

• Like 1

Been a bit since I've chimed in about my alma mater, but there's not much to report in Hatchet Town. Inexperienced squad made up of mostly underclassmen still learning the game of football lost a tough one in their Sectional 30 opener against Edgewood...which happens to be my other alma mater. Hatchets will get better with another off-season of learning good fundamentals. Line play has to get better on both sides; really holding us back because I think we've got a couple solid pieces at the "skill positions." Skill positions....makes me sick to type that out lol 

9 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

Been a bit since I've chimed in about my alma mater, but there's not much to report in Hatchet Town. Inexperienced squad made up of mostly underclassmen still learning the game of football lost a tough one in their Sectional 30 opener against Edgewood...which happens to be my other alma mater. Hatchets will get better with another off-season of learning good fundamentals. Line play has to get better on both sides; really holding us back because I think we've got a couple solid pieces at the "skill positions." Skill positions....makes me sick to type that out lol 

8th grade group looked pretty salty for Washington.

13 hours ago, Titan32 said:

That's what I've heard as well. If our youth numbers stay up and they continue to play together thru Jr. High, we're gonna be much more competitive than this year showed. Coach Morris has told me that his goal is to get enough kids out to have a freshman team at Washington, which is something I'm not sure we've ever had.

Pipeline looks good; just gotta take some lumps now before some good times roll. My hope is the rest of the fan base understands that and continues to support these boys!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

That's what I've heard as well. If our youth numbers stay up and they continue to play together thru Jr. High, we're gonna be much more competitive than this year showed. Coach Morris has told me that his goal is to get enough kids out to have a freshman team at Washington, which is something I'm not sure we've ever had.

Pipeline looks good; just gotta take some lumps now before some good times roll. My hope is the rest of the fan base understands that and continues to support these boys!

On 10/26/2021 at 8:19 AM, Titan32 said:

Our 8th grade team was only beaten twice--by GS, by a measly score, and we shouldn't have lost that one, that was a bad deal, and then the other loss was to Washington, their 8th grade is good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

Our 8th grade team was only beaten twice--by GS, by a measly score, and we shouldn't have lost that one, that was a bad deal, and then the other loss was to Washington, their 8th grade is good.

Didn’t Memorial play you guys pretty close, but got canceled at half because of some hooligans running loose