Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

I wish we had a non conference schedule too, I’m sure a Memorial VS GS rematch should be one of the best games in the area 

Yeah...I am not sure why the SIAC insisted on two or nothing when expanding the conference.  For football I would think one addition might have been nice.

1 minute ago, jets said:

Uh...congratulations I guess?? 

Thanks man....you don't know how much that means coming from you!

That's a good looking schedule. Nice to see them keep playing the big boys to make them better. I'm excited to see Allen continue to develop. 

Will Heritage Hills bounce back and compete with GS in the big school division? Will Boonville be a factor? Does Mount Vernon and North Posey continue their improvement and compete for division titles? 

What does Southridge return? They've been on a roll lately. 

Can Tell City and Forest Park build on very good years? 

10 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

That's a good looking schedule. Nice to see them keep playing the big boys to make them better. I'm excited to see Allen continue to develop. 

Will Heritage Hills bounce back and compete with GS in the big school division? Will Boonville be a factor? Does Mount Vernon and North Posey continue their improvement and compete for division titles? 

We should be better next year at HH.  We knew this was going to be a rough year going in.  I do think we will be competitive with GS but I can tell you that #18 will want at least that which he has not had since he has been at the helm--a sectional (at least).  Frankly, I hope that we can be their stopper.

Southridge will likely struggle a bit in 3A next year.  They lose almost all the horsepower they had this year....although they should easily win the small side of the PAC--no trouble there.  

I can't speak to Forest Park, but friends in Tell City tell me that next year they will likely go back to "normal" next year.

Don't sleep on Mt. Vernon.  They have a freshman QB that is special....has a chance to be really good as a sophomore next year.  His leadership skills and work ethic is what makes him really special, along with his athletic ability.  In addition, they have other pieces around him.  They have the potential to have a nice 4-5 year run here.  However, until you prove it, people won't believe it.  

1 hour ago, boilerfan87 said:

North Posey continue their improvement and compete for division titles? 

I expect the Vikings to be improved, returning a skilled senior class with many becoming 3 year starters next year. 

QB Bender showed signs of playing at a high level and has two all conference receivers returning. 

Our big problem has been line play, and I have high hopes of improvement.

Our JV should be solid after a one loss season this year with a nearly all freshmen team. Most of those freshmen should be able to stay on JV and add to them an undefeated 8th grade team (Our first since the 90s)

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2020 at 9:27 AM, boilerfan87 said:

Forest Park returns 7 starters on both sides of the ball. There is definitely some optimism of continuing to build on the last couple of years.  I do feel that if the Rangers could get down to 1A (right on the cut line as the numbers look now), they could definitely compete for that 1A sectional title! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heritage Hills is returning 90% of their offense and 8 starters on defense.  I think the motivation will be high next season.  The unforeseen but valuable lessons learned by having to play a ton of sophomores will help next year.  

Big school division will have the favorite role in Gibson County, they very well could represent the south in LOS!!  I honestly feel the sleeper is Mt. Vernon.  Kids are believing in, and buying in to there philosophy.  Good young head coach and very talented D coordinator.  HH will be right there as well!  They could surprise next season for sure!!   Booneville????  Who knows.  I think they have some great young talent coming up but will they be varsity ready??  Time will tell.  Princeton will have a typical Princeton season, sorry.

Small school division will go through Dubois County next season, but no the school we are used to seeing on top!!  I think FP finds a way next season to win this division!! SR will be re-building unfortunately, but man what a ride they have taken us on these last few years!!  TC will be way down! No more Coach Lombardi talk from Perry county.  North Posey will be stronger.  The winner of the FP vs NP game will be the champ!!  Pike is Pike, take that as you want.  Wild card in this division is SS!  They have some good sophomores that will be juniors.  They also will return some key players.  Question is will they buy in and believe they can win instead of just compete!!

On 12/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, Reb08 said:

Don't sleep on Mt. Vernon.  They have a freshman QB that is special....has a chance to be really good as a sophomore next year.  His leadership skills and work ethic is what makes him really special, along with his athletic ability.  In addition, they have other pieces around him.  They have the potential to have a nice 4-5 year run here.  However, until you prove it, people won't believe it.  

Have to agree with @Reb08here!  I watched some of their games towards the second half of the season.  He's got some serious potential!

Additionally, MV has put together quite a staff!  I thought Messner was a great hire for that program and someone they can count on for a while.  They've also got two other coaches on staff who were part of both of North Vermillion's LOS runs.  3 State Championship caliber coaches + talent = An MV team you can't sleep on!

I always love the GS optimism.  But I do know the OL is taking some hits to graduation. I believe we lose 3 starters including Braden Tucker....and losing him alone is a big hit.  Not easy to replace a 6’5 300 guard like him in HS lol. 

With that said, much like Southridge, GS has done really well at replacing those who graduate so the concern of southridge losing their horsepower I’m just not sure is valid either. 

it’s super early though. A lot can happen. GS returning Brady is huge. Can’t believe it’s already going into year 4 with him. Should be fun to watch next year. 

hopefully we can go back to having packed houses and all the craziness that comes with it! 

On 12/11/2020 at 8:52 AM, Reb08 said:

I think it will be fantastic for Mt. Vernon to become a team in contention for the top spots in the conference....it only makes the rest of us better.  The current freshman class (sophomores this football season) gave us a decent game in the middle school years, there is definitely some size and athleticism in that group.  I only call them out as it is the group I am most familiar with.

• 1 month later...

Pre-Season Conference Rankings:

This is to get this thread going again.  I spent 120 seconds doing extensive research on these rankings.

Large School Division

Boonville    4
Gibson Southern    1b
Heritage Hills    1a
Mount Vernon    3
Princeton    6
Washington    5

Small School Division        

Forest Park    2
North Posey    3
Pike Central    6
South Spencer    5
Southridge    1
Tell City    4

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

This is to get this thread going again.  I spent 120 seconds doing extensive research on these rankings.

Large School Division

Boonville    4
Gibson Southern    1b
Heritage Hills    1a
Mount Vernon    3
Princeton    6
Washington    5

Small School Division        

Forest Park    2
North Posey    3
Pike Central    6
South Spencer    5
Southridge    1
Tell City    4

I know nothing about these team. Except some stuff. Is the consensus that the success of Tell City last year just a one and done? They'll go back to the middle of the PAC

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Large School Division

Boonville    4
Gibson Southern    1b
Heritage Hills    1a
Mount Vernon    3
Princeton    6
Washington    5

Small School Division        

Forest Park    2
North Posey    3
Pike Central    6
South Spencer    5
Southridge    1
Tell City    4

I agree, but I'd switch TC & NP. 

29 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Will there be (or have there been) coaching changes for Fall 2021?

SS, MV, and WAS all have coaches going into year 2, if memory serves, but this off season has been quiet. 

According to the list at the top of the page, Pike Central is open. However, I haven't seen anything official, nor has it been posted on the school corp website. 

• Thanks 1

This is only a guess but Coach Stephens resigned a couple weeks ago but the school had not yet a board meeting to accept the resignation until last night. So assuming I am correct, which is never safe, they should post the position or something official soon.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...