Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

34 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Are teams allowed to play this summer?  Haven't heard of any restrictions, but wasn't sure if teams are scheduling summer events like in years past.

Anything could happen but it looks like most are scheduling their summer stuff as normal.

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Man....all the PAC guys must be busy teaching those hard core subjects LOL.

Troll much?? 

Seems like an unfair low-blow. In my opinion, the demands/expectations have led (partially) to a coaching shortage. I've seen it with my own 2 eyes and was just offering my opinion. 

Of course, we all can't be taken care of and set up with sweet gigs like some HC's in Gibson County. 

2 hours ago, jets said:

Troll much?? 

Seems like an unfair low-blow. In my opinion, the demands/expectations have led (partially) to a coaching shortage. I've seen it with my own 2 eyes and was just offering my opinion. 

Of course, we all can't be taken care of and set up with sweet gigs like some HC's in Gibson County. 

I was just messing with you LOL.  No one appreciates the dedication it takes to pull off what many coaches do in our fine state.  I am grateful for those who chose to burn both ends of the candle.  Hey, at least this PAC thread has some action now!

Edited by Titan32

2 hours ago, jets said:

I don't know much about Coach Hart's job details. What makes it such a sweet gig? I already know about the facilities, talent, feeder system, etc. Does he have a good teaching schedule? Is he well compensated?

I am hoping this is the year Gibson Southern finally breaks through and earns a chance to play on the big stage!

3 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I don't know much about Coach Hart's job details. What makes it such a sweet gig? I already know about the facilities, talent, feeder system, etc. Does he have a good teaching schedule? Is he well compensated?

I am hoping this is the year Gibson Southern finally breaks through and earns a chance to play on the big stage!

I'm not really into putting other people's business out there - but yes - he has a schedule that is very conducive for being the Head Football Coach and its responsibilities. 

And that's NOT a shot and/or a complaint. I believe more school systems should adopt a similar philosophy. 

I've been on record in a number of threads stating your classic classroom teacher/ball-coach is becoming more&more scarce of a commodity. This ain't the 80s anymore!  

1 minute ago, jets said:

I'm not really into putting other people's business out there - but yes - he has a schedule that is very conducive for being the Head Football Coach and its responsibilities. 

And that's NOT a shot and/or a complaint. I believe more school systems should adopt a similar philosophy. 

I've been on record in a number of threads stating your classic classroom teacher/ball-coach is becoming more&more scarce of a commodity. This ain't the 80s anymore!  

He probably has a Hi-Pod X31 endzone camera. That'll keep a stud coach from looking around at other jobs for sure!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

He probably has a Hi-Pod X31 endzone camera. That'll keep a stud coach from looking around at other jobs for sure!

I believe it is the legacy 27 by skycoach with a Canon up top.....yeah I know.....sweet.

The Legacy Advanced is the #1 Seller for End Zone Camera systems on the market today! The Legacy will give your camera an “aerial” perspective from 27 FT  in the air. The risers are made of sturdy carbon fiber tubes with large latches to make setup quick. Reach above the crowds at events, concerts and sports activities. The only difference between this tower and the Legacy Basic is the type of camera you receive.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I believe it is the legacy 27 by skycoach with a Canon up top.....yeah I know.....sweet.

The Legacy Advanced is the #1 Seller for End Zone Camera systems on the market today! The Legacy will give your camera an “aerial” perspective from 27 FT  in the air. The risers are made of sturdy carbon fiber tubes with large latches to make setup quick. Reach above the crowds at events, concerts and sports activities. The only difference between this tower and the Legacy Basic is the type of camera you receive.

Out of curiosity - do all PAC teams have an Endzone camera?  I could see smaller programs like FP, PC, Tell City, and Tecumseh (semi-PAC team) using their funds on other equipment as opposed to an EZ cam. (Sorry @Tanka Jahari - some schools view it as a luxury item. LOL) 

17 hours ago, Titan32 said:

That feeling when you starting setting up your 31 ft endzone camera next to a 27 ft endzone camera

excuseme.jpeg

• Haha 1

I think the week 1 matchup against HH and MV should be an interesting one based on all the feedback on this thread about MV.  Personally, I think HH makes the biggest jump in the PAC this year and is going to be very formidable.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:48 AM, Titan32 said:

I think the week 1 matchup against HH and MV should be an interesting one based on all the feedback on this thread about MV.  Personally, I think HH makes the biggest jump in the PAC this year and is going to be very formidable.

It will be a good one.  Not sure how dynamic HH will be with their skilled kids.  FB will be a really good player.  The question will be can they generate enough offense to beat good teams? 

• Thanks 1

Also in Week 1 - I like SR vs Linton, two proud programs typically won't disappoint.

Also in Week 1 - Princeton vs Forest Park....Forest Park coming off back to back 6 win season and after defeating Princeton 20-7 last year, I would love to see them do it again.

We would love to do that again, as well, in Ranger Land.  Still bummed about the IHSAA "frozen enrollment," as we would have had a really good shot at being down to 1A.  Obviously, understand how/why this happened.  8 starters back on both sides of the ball, many with 2-3 years of varsity experience, 13 incoming seniors, just bad timing.  Oh well, we just hope to be competitive in the conference and keep the culture/expectations moving the direction, they are currently heading.  

• Like 1

It looks like WR Rory Heltsley picked up a D1 offer from Air Force yesterday.  Congrats to the big man!  

I imagine he has been putting in a ton of work this offseason in preparation for his senior year at Gibson Southern and it’s exciting to see it paying off. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Looks like Gibson Southern has a great recruiting class coming in. 🙂

9 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

Not sure what this means??

A starter from a school in one conference tweeted yesterday that he has a new school - a team in another conference.  Both his previous school and new school have been projected to compete for their respective conference championships in the fall.