Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

22 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

A starter from a school in one conference tweeted yesterday that he has a new school - a team in another conference.  Both his previous school and new school have been projected to compete for their respective conference championships in the fall.    

Is this a valid transfer with full eligibility?

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

A starter from a school in one conference tweeted yesterday that he has a new school - a team in another conference.  Both his previous school and new school have been projected to compete for their respective conference championships in the fall.    

You have to give a better  hint than that.

6 hours ago, fenderbender said:

You have to give a better  hint than that.

Transfer OL from Castle.  Really good player.  Fine, no big deal.  What is unfortunate, however, is that his mother is an administrator in Warrick County.  She has bigger stones than I have considering that.  Supposedly their logic was that he would get more exposure "blocking" for Brady Allen, than he would at Castle.  Not sure that makes sense to me.

Equally concerning is I guess the days of being loyal to your high school have diminished.   Seems to be more focus on the how the individual can benefit and less loyalty in some cases. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Transfer OL from Castle.  Really good player.  Fine, no big deal.  What is unfortunate, however, is that his mother is an administrator in Warrick County.  She has bigger stones than I have considering that.  Supposedly their logic was that he would get more exposure "blocking" for Brady Allen, than he would at Castle.  Not sure that makes sense to me.

Equally concerning is I guess the days of being loyal to your high school have diminished.   Seems to be more focus on the how the individual can benefit and less loyalty in some cases. 

Thanks.  

Hmm, isn't Castle supposed to be really strong next year?   Seems kind of odd.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I haven't heard anything either.

Feel bad for the kids. That's a tough enough place to win without an administration that just doesn't seem to care. I know people that have applied there and reached out to administration and get no reply at all. I'm starting to think they won't hire a coach and just shut it down but that's just my opinion. I haven't been told that at all. 

16 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Have you considered the possibility that Gibson Southern has a better endzone camera set-up than Castle? Perhaps the young man feels that if he plays at Gibson he will have better endzone film to send to colleges.

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Have you considered the possibility that Gibson Southern has a better endzone camera set-up than Castle? Perhaps the young man feels that if he plays at Gibson he will have better endzone film to send to colleges.

Line don't like higher definition end zone cameras.

We think they make our butts look big.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, tango said:

Oh come on!  It's so obvious...  The young man just wants more free weekends in November.... 

If there was any year to change between those two schools, this would be the year.

Chatard = 4A

Memorial = 4A

Southridge = Down from last year

HH = Not as good as they were two years ago

Lawrenceburg still has Yoon, but not sure how good they are.

Castle has Cathedral waiting for them again at Semistate. (At least for another year)

40 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

If there was any year to change between those two schools, this would be the year.

Chatard = 4A

Memorial = 4A

Southridge = Down from last year

HH = Not as good as they were two years ago

Lawrenceburg still has Yoon, but not sure how good they are.

Castle has Cathedral waiting for them again at Semistate. (At least for another year)

My comment was completely in jest, meant purely as a belated birthday wish for Titan32, my friend and newest member of the "Half a Hundred Club"!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, tango said:

My comment was completely in jest, meant purely as a belated birthday wish for Titan32, my friend and newest member of the "Half a Hundred Club"!!

Man word travels fast, thanks...LOL!  3 of my kids have November birthdays go figure LOL!  LOVE ME some TANGO!

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Man word travels fast, thanks...LOL!  3 of my kids have November birthdays go figure LOL!  LOVE ME some TANGO!

That’s odd. 3 of mine have December birthdays within 9 calendar days, and the other is in January . The oldest is 44, and the youngest is 16

Edited by gonzoron

On 4/22/2021 at 8:23 PM, PantherBall20 said:

Has Pike Central made any progress towards hiring a HC? Feels like dragging this on puts more strain on a already struggling program 

In the post it says "coaching position only". The last coach wasn't in the building either. How can they expect to get many quality applicants, without a teaching position? I was interested in the position, but I can't move my family for a coaching stipend. 

It's tough to win as it is. It's even tougher when you're at a school that's had so little success. It's impossible when a school with that history has an Admin doesn't care. 

I truly feel sorry for the kids. 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:33 PM, vicvinegar said:

In the post it says "coaching position only". The last coach wasn't in the building either. How can they expect to get many quality applicants, without a teaching position? I was interested in the position, but I can't move my family for a coaching stipend. 

It's tough to win as it is. It's even tougher when you're at a school that's had so little success. It's impossible when a school with that history has an Admin doesn't care. 

I truly feel sorry for the kids. 

So does Admin want to do the coaching?  I have little to no knowledge of the situation.

On 4/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, Reb08 said:

How would this player be eligible?  Seems like a purely move for athletic reasons, which would be limited eligibility. 

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

So does Admin want to do the coaching?  I have little to no knowledge of the situation.

I have no idea what they are thinking, but for the kids sake, I hope they have some type of legitimate plan to turn that program around. However, with it posted as "Coaching Position Only", I highly doubt it. 

14 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

How would this player be eligible?  Seems like a purely move for athletic reasons, which would be limited eligibility. 

I'm assuming it was some type of "family move" - which pretty much ties up the IHSAA hands when it comes to that. 

Rich get richer it seems...

1 hour ago, jets said:

I'm assuming it was some type of "family move" - which pretty much ties up the IHSAA hands when it comes to that. 

Rich get richer it seems...

If a parent is keeping their job and they are moving out of the county, it will raise some questions.  Can't imagine the leaving school will let this just slide by.

On 4/6/2021 at 3:06 PM, Reb08 said:

It will be a good one.  Not sure how dynamic HH will be with their skilled kids.  FB will be a really good player.  The question will be can they generate enough offense to beat good teams? 

They won't need "dynamic" skill players, it's three yards and a cloud of dust.  It is hard to beat someone when you don't have the ball.  Looks like they will have 2 to 3 of the kind of kid they look for in the backfield.