Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

They won't need "dynamic" skill players, it's three yards and a cloud of dust.  It is hard to beat someone when you don't have the ball.  Looks like they will have 2 to 3 of the kind of kid they look for in the backfield.

I disagree strongly.  Three yards and a cloud of dust you reference is a misnomer.  Their state state runner-up team wasn't that.  They had better players and Cole Sigler to break the homerun.  They were not "three yards and a cloud of dust".   They had really good personnel.....dynamic at all positions, including the offensive line.  That is not who they are now.  However, they can still be successful.

They will be a very good team this year.  Honestly, I think their strength is on the defensive side of the ball.  That's how they stayed in games last year. The question will be what will happen when they play a team that has better athletes?  That methodical type offense doesn't always work when playing from behind.  Can they score 21 or 28 points in a game to beat Gibson, Southridge, or Mt. Vernon?    The rest of the schedule doesn't pose much of an issue. 

11 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

I disagree strongly.  Three yards and a cloud of dust you reference is a misnomer.  Their state state runner-up team wasn't that.  They had better players and Cole Sigler to break the homerun.  They were not "three yards and a cloud of dust".   They had really good personnel.....dynamic at all positions, including the offensive line.  That is not who they are now.  However, they can still be successful.

They will be a very good team this year.  Honestly, I think their strength is on the defensive side of the ball.  That's how they stayed in games last year. The question will be what will happen when they play a team that has better athletes?  That methodical type offense doesn't always work when playing from behind.  Can they score 21 or 28 points in a game to beat Gibson, Southridge, or Mt. Vernon?    The rest of the schedule doesn't pose much of an issue. 

I completely disagree...in their BEST of the BEST teams in the past 10 years there were some kids who could hit a home run but the big play didn't hurt us as much as the methodical ability to move the chains over those years.  I will agree with your defensive comment and add they are always very sound in special teams even in their down years.  A couple home run hitters won't win games against good programs.  I'm not sold enough on Mt. Vernon to bring them into the conversation yet, even after watching a few of their guys at MFA.

15 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I completely disagree...in their BEST of the BEST teams in the past 10 years there were some kids who could hit a home run but the big play didn't hurt us as much as the methodical ability to move the chains over those years.  I will agree with your defensive comment and add they are always very sound in special teams even in their down years.  A couple home run hitters won't win games against good programs.  I'm not sold enough on Mt. Vernon to bring them into the conversation yet, even after watching a few of their guys at MFA.

Since I can't edit...just to be clear....I saw a couple of really nice looking players from Mt. Vernon there...didn't want that to come off wrong.

16 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Since I can't edit...just to be clear....I saw a couple of really nice looking players from Mt. Vernon there...didn't want that to come off wrong.

Games are not won and lost on the field. 

They are determined by who looks best on Twitter, right? #HashtagGoesHere

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I'll take trying to defend methodical over home run hitters any day of the week.  Examples - Devon Mockobee, Cole Sigler.  I know you probably got a first-hand look at Mockobee last year against Gibson.   

In the 2019 sectional game, methodical didn't hurt Gibson Southern.  Sigler's ability to break big plays late in the game did it.....unless my memory is wrong.  Can't speak about the other games with these two programs. I will say that Gibson's inability to defend the run has probably hurt them in some games against HH.   

And you are right about Mount Vernon...until they prove it, they are not much of a threat.   Only time will tell.  

32 sure knows how to "deflect" any questionable discussion regarding his beloved Titans. In every instance someone has brought up/questioned the D-I transfer, he's moved the discussion in another direction! 

And maybe that's because there isn't a lot to discuss?? Family move, releasing school had no issue, then done deal. Just curious how that all played out?? Ya know, since a certain basketball player from down South was forced to sit a year for what was deemed as an "athletic transfer" 

Personally - I could care less...Gibson won't need any help this upcoming year the way it is. They're going to be a monster to deal with. 

Mt. Vernon has a former Raider running the controls now - won't be too much longer and he'll have them in the mix EVERY year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reb08 said:

I'll take trying to defend methodical over home run hitters any day of the week.  Examples - Devon Mockobee, Cole Sigler.  I know you probably got a first-hand look at Mockobee last year against Gibson.   

In the 2019 sectional game, methodical didn't hurt Gibson Southern.  Sigler's ability to break big plays late in the game did it.....unless my memory is wrong.  Can't speak about the other games with these two programs. I will say that Gibson's inability to defend the run has probably hurt them in some games against HH.   

And you are right about Mount Vernon...until they prove it, they are not much of a threat.   Only time will tell.  

Then we can kind of agree to kind of disagree.

51 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Then we can kind of agree to kind of disagree.

And he was negated in the 2019 sectional...our punter kicked to the wrong kid twice in the 4th quarter.  That's on us.  We also held them to less rushing yards than anyone other than Chatard (I think without checking) that season.  You will notice a big difference in games 1 and 2 when we play really good sectional opponents in the regular season first.  And....if we hadn't had a kid line up incorrectly on the field goal team...the results might have been different..but again, that's on us.

Edited by Titan32

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

You know we talked about week 1 games....what are the key matchups week 2?  Any games with conference implications? 

image.png.de2e3e27f2b5fb2413f924223e1a9e6f.png

Will Boonville vs Southridge be interesting?  

Perhaps North Posey vs Princeton?

Does Tell City have anything left in the tank for HH?

GS with a new first time opponent.

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Are you a candidate coach?  If so, best of luck.

I did go interview. Thank you.

I have interviewed for several head coaching positions over the years. 8 football and 2 basketball actually and they're all different. Sometimes I leave and am super excited and really want the job and sometimes I just want to leave!

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2021 at 7:43 PM, PantherBall20 said:

I can confirm that Pike offered the position to a young candidate with ties to the area! I talked to someone who works for the school system today. Unsure if he will accept but it would be exciting to see some young energy infused in the program!

More information will follow, but this is no longer accurate.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:43 PM, PantherBall20 said:

I can confirm that Pike offered the position to a young candidate with ties to the area! I talked to someone who works for the school system today. Unsure if he will accept but it would be exciting to see some young energy infused in the program!

It’s now Facebook official, as new Head Coach Kelly Brashear is posting from the Pike Central football Facebook page.

I’m not sure if this was the name you had heard or not. I assume it isn’t, but did not know.

Regardless, best of luck to Coach Brashear and the Chargers. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

It’s now Facebook official, as new Head Coach Kelly Brashear is posting from the Pike Central football Facebook page.

I’m not sure if this was the name you had heard or not. I assume it isn’t, but did not know.

Regardless, best of luck to Coach Brashear and the Chargers. 

The one who was at Washington from 04-14? If so, great hire. Congrats.

13 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

The one who was at Washington from 04-14? If so, great hire. Congrats.

Yes, I believe he is Washington's all time win leader as a head coach winning 48 games. He took over a bad program and after a few years had three consecutive seasons with 8,7, and 8 wins. Congrats and best of luck. 

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

If what I'm told is true, the "twitch" athlete problem at Heritage Hills has been, or is in the process of being solved. It's Christmas in May in Santa Claus, and the Patriots have been gifted a dynamic athlete.

Do we have any end zone footage of this athlete?