Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

I count now 3 PAC games off for week 1. Pike Central was reported on here. Washington and Boonville were reported on Twitter.  Pioneers had Paoli cancel on them due to illness or tracing.  I understand Boonville has contacted West Vigo, who was Washington's opponent.  

I'd like to see a state-wide statistic on how many kids that were contact traced out of school actually tested positive for COVID at any time during their quarantine.   As part of my own non-scientific research locally....I am coming up with something lose to 0%.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I'd like to see a state-wide statistic on how many kids that were contact traced out of school actually tested positive for COVID at any time during their quarantine.   As part of my own non-scientific research locally....I am coming up with something lose to 0%.

I can tell you at Toyota if you are in "contact" with someone who tested positive you get tested everyday and go to work as long as you test negative. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

If they are vaccinated and test negative, they are not contact traced out of school. Solution to contact tracing quarantine seems very simple according to my research.

26 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

If they are vaccinated and test negative, they are not contact traced out of school. Solution to contact tracing quarantine seems very simple according to my research.

Test them, if they are negative send them to school.

27 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I complete agree.  Still doesn't change that fact that the way we currently do contract tracing for the unvaccinated is like killing a gnat with a sleg hammer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I complete agree.  Still doesn't change that fact that the way we currently do contract tracing for the unvaccinated is like killing a gnat with a sleg hammer.

contact.....I wish they would fix the damn edit timer.

18 hours ago, Bcaster said:

I count now 3 PAC games off for week 1. Pike Central was reported on here. Washington and Boonville were reported on Twitter.  Pioneers had Paoli cancel on them due to illness or tracing.  I understand Boonville has contacted West Vigo, who was Washington's opponent.  

Boonville called WV this morning and offered to come up here and play tonight and WV declined. Not sure why. That’s a little confusing to me. 

1 hour ago, GS Titan 78 said:

That doesn't make sense.   

Coaches are creatures of habit.  Some don't like to play on Saturdays and some wouldn't want to play with less than a week's preparation to install a game plan.  No idea what schemes Boonville or West Vigo run, but especially with nothing but scrimmage film available, I could see that perspective. 

1 hour ago, wvigo13 said:

Boonville called WV this morning and offered to come up here and play tonight and WV declined. Not sure why. That’s a little confusing to me. 

It makes what North Knox and Rensselaer did last year - agree midweek to a game on Saturday and meet halfway - truly remarkable.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

That doesn't make sense.   

Apparently Boonville called and offered to come up here and play this evening. But they said they couldn't possibly play a game until about 9pm because of travel and school. And WV didn't wanna start a game that late.

And I was told that WV coach didn't wanna face a 4A school who has players 2x their size. That argument is weak imo. Especially when you look at the WV sectional.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:07 PM, 2017statechamps said:

Two things, Boonville gets out at 3 cst, they could have easily been up WV by 7:00 and ready to play by 8:00.

Also, if you're scared of Boonville, probably ought to just throw in the towel and quit the season now...

Indeed, you won't get any better playing in mediocrity.  

I'm not going to mention where but a previous coaching stop, the night before the opening round of the sectional, the student body thought it would be funny to spready poo on the opposing team's sideline. Which it was a funny idea, but the football team was made to clean it up prior to warming up, which made it not as funny.