Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2021

1 hour ago, The Ghost said:

Maybe all the GS haters should worry about improving on their programs, instead of worrying and bad mouthing what GS is doing

At this moment it’s easier for them to complain about GS and this year’s Super Seniors because the writing is on the wall. Our youth program is kicking out future SUPER HEROES as we can see from Titan32’s earlier post on our up coming classes!

Dang, a lot of speculation on this thread.  Wow.  As far as coaching, I've had my day in the sun with it.  Not tough enough to dedicate the time required to do it well anymore.  If you know the right individual, not that difficult to get a password to watch hudl.  I guess I'm as entitled as anyone else to get on a meaningless forum, and make meaningless comments as well.  I'm pretty sure it's not that difficult for coaches around the conference to turn on the film and see the individual player consistently involved in extracurricular activity on a weekly basis.  That's not overly difficult to see.  

Also, I recently had a well respected Gibson Southern parent express that a number of Gibson coaches are active on this forum.  Guess they don't mind stirring it up.  

If I'm a player, coach, fan, etc....I'm pulling for Gibson to win it all this year, and hopefully get moved up to 4a.   The young kids they have are dynamite as well, and the pipeline they have from Illinois makes them even more lethal.    Heritage, Southridge, MV, and anyone in that sectional isn't beating them next year.   Real good shot they will get moved up.  

As far as this year, they are a buzz saw.  I don't see how anyone beats them if they stay healthy.  They have been more than judicious about not running up the score on people.  Some of these could have gotten real ugly.  Defensively they are so much better than in the past.  They were porous at times in the past.  Not the case this year.  They play fast. 

53 minutes ago, Reb08 said:

Dang, a lot of speculation on this thread.  Wow.  As far as coaching, I've had my day in the sun with it.  Not tough enough to dedicate the time required to do it well anymore.  If you know the right individual, not that difficult to get a password to watch hudl.  I guess I'm as entitled as anyone else to get on a meaningless forum, and make meaningless comments as well.  I'm pretty sure it's not that difficult for coaches around the conference to turn on the film and see the individual player consistently involved in extracurricular activity on a weekly basis.  That's not overly difficult to see.  

Also, I recently had a well respected Gibson Southern parent express that a number of Gibson coaches are active on this forum.  Guess they don't mind stirring it up.  

If I'm a player, coach, fan, etc....I'm pulling for Gibson to win it all this year, and hopefully get moved up to 4a.   The young kids they have are dynamite as well, and the pipeline they have from Illinois makes them even more lethal.    Heritage, Southridge, MV, and anyone in that sectional isn't beating them next year.   Real good shot they will get moved up.  

As far as this year, they are a buzz saw.  I don't see how anyone beats them if they stay healthy.  They have been more than judicious about not running up the score on people.  Some of these could have gotten real ugly.  Defensively they are so much better than in the past.  They were porous at times in the past.  Not the case this year.  They play fast.

So you are the voice of the coaches around the league?

I believe if you go back into your comments, you say a player from GS plays dirty. 

Now you say a lot of extracurricular activity on film. Really I question your coaching ability if you don’t realize it’s called playing to the whistle. 
Send me an address so I can mail you a box of Kleenex to go right along with the whining you seem to be doing for the coaches around the league. 

also, you are the one that brought it up on the Forum. Fact…good kids play until they think their opponent is beat. Great players play until the whistle. 

Again, maybe you figured that out you would still be coaching reb. 

For the guys who just “hate” that GS is having a “super team” this year and say that they are having a dominant season because of the transfer ins…

I say get over it!

even if they didn’t get a few transfer ins, GS still would be as good as they are now with these guys. 
its called “program buy in” and they started this at the lower levels and follow through middle school into high school.

im not sure now, but I can recall their 6 th grade boys traveling in “summer fball “ team camps many years ago,  So in other words, when many schools are off in the summer, their youngsters are working tails off—- so when school does start - their boys are already a level or two ahead of their pac competition.

same with jv -varsity , they put similar work in 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 all off season. More than most schools.

GS fans have expected this yrs “super team” to be super back when they were in 6th grade…so GS people and some of us at HH and other PAC schools knew this was the team!!

GS needs to be fired up now and enjoy… as when Allen heads off to Purdue… they won’t be as good as this current team… as not every player will be a Brady Allen!  They will still be good going forward, that’s because GS built a solid program.

GS has only won 3 sectionals and 3 regionals … with their last coming like 6 years ago… so if I were on this team, or a fan at this school, I’d be going crazy too, as this team has the ability to get to Lucas Oil for a State Title game…. Something GS has never been a part of In Football.

And if they do make it, I will be pulling for them… they have worked hard as a program to get to this point.

GS only makes other schools get better.

we have heard this for years at HH (that playing HH made teams)  as from 2000 to 2010, HH had won 9 sectionals and 7 regional championships.

HH then fell on the downside for quite a few years then fell short in semistate in 2014 and got back to State in 2019….

GS is on the right path, this is their year… and if my Patriots can’t knock them off in the sectionals… I will be pulling for GS … they deserve !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Now you’re starting to piss me off.  Sorry but this team was built from 1st grade on.  This senior group met EVERY Sunday year around at 4 pm at GS weightroom starting in 4th grade all the way until their freshman year.  They won Castle as 4th and 5th graders.  Beat North’s 6th grade as 5th graders.  Won Titan Clash as 6th graders.  Went undefeated in middle school.  Most were running clocks in 2nd half.  Lost only 1 game of 6 games in 2 years of going to Knoxville TN tournament.  We beat your Southridge team as 7th graders by scoring on each of our first 7 plays.  7 plays …7 TDs. I’ve been with this group since 1st grade, every Sunday in the weightroom, coaching each travel game and middle school game.  I know how much work they’ve put in waiting for this year.  We have lost at least 5 contributors in this class since they’ve started their freshman year.  Sorry but without any new kids, every game in the PAC this year would have been a running clock.  I don’t believe Southridge would have turned kids down if they bought houses and moved into their district.  I know Memorial, Central, HH, and North don’t. This is a very tight senior group.  I think you’ll see that as the football season continues, into basketball, and then baseball.  

Personally, that’s not what I had gotten from the initial post, I don’t think anybody has a problem with the kids at all and I hope they walk out of LOS with blue medals around their necks. I’ve seen the accomplishments and off-season regiments of the youth program bolstered about on this forum since Hart arrived in Fort Branch, just from the posts on here I think it’s evident that all of these kids have put in a tremendous amount of work and deserve the success they are experiencing. The GS program has essentially been built in the last decade because of the kids buying in and putting in the necessary work at the youth levels and combining that with the support of the community has built one of the powerhouse programs in this corner of the state. I think the problem that some people have around the area are the murmurs about the involvement that a future Purdue superfan (don’t know the validity of these rumors, just the feeling that I’ve gotten from a number of people that I’ve talked to) has had in some of these cases and maybe a couple other instances that fell through. Again not taking anything away from these kids at all hope they continue this momentum all the way to LOS.

There's a whole lotta unnecessary salt in this thread. Being new to the league, I'm of the opinion that come playoff time I wanna see all the PAC schools go as far as they possibly can. How exciting would it be for the conference to see a team like GS represent us on the biggest stage in the state? Just as Heritage Hills did back in 19 and Southridge in 17. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

GS has only won 3 sectionals and 3 regionals … with their last coming like 6 years ago… so if I were on this team, or a fan at this school, I’d be going crazy too, as this team has the ability to get to Lucas Oil for a State Title game…. Something GS has never been a part of In Football.

This is a great point.  We sure do spend a lot of time talking about a program that has won 3 Regionals in the past 25+ years........maybe they'll get over the hump this year.....who knows.  

• Like 1

Not a GS "hater" or any team in the conference for that matter. I believe I've said plenty of times that GS's Senior Class was loaded, and didn't need any "extra" help. They were going to be good this year regardless.

I actually kind of feel bad for them and you guys (fans or coaches), that this year will bring around the speculation and questions. It's just the nature of the beast. 

I personally don't think it was right how it all played out, but I don't fault the kids/coaches/program. Ain't one school in the conference that would have turned away any of those new players. 

20 minutes ago, FB-South said:

This is a great point.  We sure do spend a lot of time talking about a program that has won 3 Regionals in the past 25+ years........maybe they'll get over the hump this year.....who knows.  

"We" don't spend a lot of time talking about anything since this is your first post....and it's AWESOME!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

"We" don't spend a lot of time talking about anything since this is your first post....and it's AWESOME!

Definitely not my first post but I did have to recreate my ID....been gone too long.  In all seriousness, it is awesome when your team has a good year and makes a deep run.  Everything seems to be aligned for that to happen for GS this year.  It will be interesting to see what happens.

NON-LEAGUE

North Posey (Poseyville, IN) at Mt. Vernon (IN), 8:00pm   [projection: Mt. Vernon (IN) 35-22]

Southridge (Huntingburg, IN) at Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN), 7:30pm   [projection: Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) 28-20]

South Spencer (Rockport, IN) at North Harrison (Ramsey, IN), 7:30pm   [projection: South Spencer (Rockport, IN) 28-17]

POCKET - BIG SCHOOL
Washington (IN) at Boonville (IN), 8:00pm   
[projection: Boonville (IN) 48-0]
Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) at Princeton (IN), 8:00pm   [projection: Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 66-3]

POCKET - SMALL SCHOOL
Pike Central (Petersburg, IN) at Forest Park (Ferdinand, IN), 7:00pm   
[projection: Forest Park (Ferdinand, IN) 28-7]
Tell City (IN) at Tecumseh (Lynnville, IN), 8:00pm   [projection: Tell City (IN) 34-17]

5 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Yeah...I don't get that now that we have a small side to the conference.  Why not?

I think a lot of their fans would like to re-join as well! They have some good younger grades coming up I think coming back into the PAC would help them for the 1A tournament 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

NK would like to join small school side 🙂

just for football...

That would be interesting 

I think the bigger concern though would be how much the other schools value the current flexibility.

All PAC teams do have 4 non conference weeks that they can freely schedule to achieve whatever scheduling balance they want…and honestly I think that’s understated.  Almost half of the schedule. 

Gibson Southern is an example…have been playing up and schedule 3 5A/6A teams this year…all of them over 0.500 and then Southridge to the mix…playing our toughest schedule to date with Brady as a senior and at our peak….and next year I believe we are trading out Columbus North for Terre  Haute South…who is still a big school but not on CNs level….perfect for a year when we lose a lot of guys…making that game a difficult matchup to win still 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Who has the best end zone camera in the PAC? If I were a PAC athletic director, I would make sure my football team was rolling with a Hi-Pod X31.

The endzone camera in the PAC is like Bigfoot. There are rumors of its existence but rarely seen. 

29 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

The endzone camera in the PAC is like Bigfoot. There are rumors of its existence but rarely seen. 

We have one!

1 hour ago, vanman said:

Be careful what you wish for. Speaking for a friend.

My money is on HH.