Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2020

Irishman

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I think Cam Newton fits in nicely for the Colts now that Rivers has retired    

Hard pass X's 2.

Much more likely to see Carson Wentz in Indy.

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Gimme Wentz.  Reich and he seem to have chemistry I read somewhere.

THIS!

I am Dead Serious

Mitch Tribisky would be a great addition too Colts Offense,  Mobile QB who will benefit from an UPGRADED OL and an COMMITTMENT to RUN GAME,   

Lots of untapped talent and better coaching should see him have a very successful career moving forward in Indy.   

Stafford would be RIvers 2. 0

I was completely TIC in Cam Newton comment,  he needs to just go into fashion.   

TRIBUSIKY would be very good for INDY 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I am Dead Serious

Mitch Tribisky would be a great addition too Colts Offense,  Mobile QB who will benefit from an UPGRADED OL and an COMMITTMENT to RUN GAME,   

Lots of untapped talent and better coaching should see him have a very successful career moving forward in Indy.   

Stafford would be RIvers 2. 0

I was completely TIC in Cam Newton comment,  he needs to just go into fashion.   

TRIBUSIKY would be very good for INDY 

Watson wants out of Houston.

Edited by gonzoron

Cannot see Colts having the capital needed to pull of that Trade and Houston would be NUTS to give in 

Watson can say all he wants, 

He is under contract that he signed to be a Multi Million dollar player at a postiion that he excels at 

He needs to GO TO WORK 

That is what imo makes the NBA so unwatchable.....  players won't show up to WORK if they don't get to play with thier buddies.....   and the League and Ownership ALLOW IT   GROSS

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Cannot see Colts having the capital needed to pull of that Trade and Houston would be NUTS to give in 

Watson can say all he wants, 

He is under contract that he signed to be a Multi Million dollar player at a postiion that he excels at 

He needs to GO TO WORK 

That is what imo makes the NBA so unwatchable.....  players won't show up to WORK if they don't get to play with thier buddies.....   and the League and Ownership ALLOW IT   GROSS

Jacoby Brissett it is then. None of the others mentioned are worth spending what it would take to sign them, when there is already a QB on the roster who is equal to or better than any of them.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2021/01/20/colts-news-quarterback-philip-rivers-retires/4227429001/

I like this part of Mr. River's "retirement":

Rivers thanked his teammates, his wife Tiffany and the couple’s nine children: Halle, Caroline, Grace, Gunner, Sarah, Peter, Rebecca, Clare and Anna.

Then he closed with his signature phrase, the Latin phrase “Nunc Coepi,” meaning “Now I Begin.”

Rivers will begin again on a high school football field in Alabama; he’s already been hired as the head football coach at St. Michael Catholic in Fairhope, a suburb of Mobile, and he plans to follow in his father’s footsteps as a high school coach.

• Like 1

Realistic Options:

Cam Newton

Matthew Stafford

Carson Wentz

Sam Darnold

Jacoby Brissett

Zach Wilson

Mac Jones

Jacob Eason

Who am I forgetting?

With an aging TY and quite possibly the most underrated running back room in the league, who gives you the best chance to win NOW?

Edited by temptation

53 minutes ago, temptation said:

Realistic Options:

Cam Newton

Matthew Stafford

Carson Wentz

Sam Darnold

Jacoby Brissett

Zach Wilson

Mac Jones

Jacob Eason

Who am I forgetting?

With an aging TY and quite possibly the most underrated running back room in the league, who gives you the best chance to win NOW?

I will pick Stafford out of all of these options.

You're forgetting Jameis Winston, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Andy Dalton. It might be worth it to gamble on Winston if the Colts feel that their locker room is strong enough. Dak Prescott is also available but I can't see Jerry Jones letting him get away.

Edited by AG

Having long watched the NFC North, Stafford is a one or two year option at the most. Fitz and Daulton are in the same boat. There is just something in their games that cannot get a team through a season. I hope they stay away from them. Newton just has too much baggage; horrible fit for the Indy market. Darnold stays in NY. 

A dark horse possibility is if Mac Jones drops that far in the draft, I think he is worth the shot. Of the 3 most recent QB's at Bama, he is the one that is a true QB. Hurts and Tua are good athlets who can make things happen, but that does not necessarily translate well in the NFL. 

I think Jacoby is the next best option. He had a great start when his one season started. Injuries around him hurt the team; hard to put it on just his shoulders. 

I know that Watson is a long shot for them, but take a shot; put out some feelers and see what Houston might want. They are in rebuild mode any way, so why not? 

What kind of cap space do the Colts have? 

Is Jacob Eason that bad ??  

DOn't know, haven't seen him play, but you invested a 4th round pick, which for a QB isn't that awful.  

Its like folks don't even think he is on the team. Talking about bringing in all these old retreads...   yuck 

6 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Im sure he we won't have to recruit all that hard to get kids to play for the catholic school 

20 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Is Jacob Eason that bad ??  

DOn't know, haven't seen him play, but you invested a 4th round pick, which for a QB isn't that awful.  

Its like folks don't even think he is on the team. Talking about bringing in all these old retreads...   yuck 

Im sure he we won't have to recruit all that hard to get kids to play for the catholic school 

Maaaan, I don't know....Catholic kids are few and far between in the deep South. :) 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:47 PM, Irishman said:

Having long watched the NFC North, Stafford is a one or two year option at the most. Fitz and Daulton are in the same boat. There is just something in their games that cannot get a team through a season. I hope they stay away from them. Newton just has too much baggage; horrible fit for the Indy market. Darnold stays in NY. 

A dark horse possibility is if Mac Jones drops that far in the draft, I think he is worth the shot. Of the 3 most recent QB's at Bama, he is the one that is a true QB. Hurts and Tua are good athlets who can make things happen, but that does not necessarily translate well in the NFL. 

I think Jacoby is the next best option. He had a great start when his one season started. Injuries around him hurt the team; hard to put it on just his shoulders. 

I know that Watson is a long shot for them, but take a shot; put out some feelers and see what Houston might want. They are in rebuild mode any way, so why not? 

What kind of cap space do the Colts have? 

The Colts have $65 million heading into free agency.

• Thanks 1

Doyel: Colts' complicated offseason just got easy — trade for Matthew Stafford

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2021/01/25/colts-offseason-just-got-easy-trade-for-matthew-stafford/6699179002/

The Colts don’t want a franchise quarterback. Understand that right now. They’re not in the market for their quarterback of the next decade. They’re in the market for a quarterback who can lead them to next season’s Super Bowl, plus a few more after that.

Quick question. Let’s test your knowledge, and yes, there are numbers involved. Get your calculator ready, because it's complicated stuff:

How many rookie quarterbacks have started in the Super Bowl?

Zero.

Acquiring Matthew Stafford makes the Colts’ offseason easier, not harder. There are no great (or even very good) quarterbacks on the free agent market, though Deshaun Watson and Aaron Rodgers also could be available in trade. Either would cost the Colts more than Stafford, and for various reasons – Would Houston trade Watson to an AFC South rival? Can Green Bay afford the monstrous cap hit of dealing Rodgers? – neither seems viable. Waiting for Watson and Rodgers, hoping for either of them, is dangerous. Stafford is available right now.

If the Colts don’t get him, and if Watson and Rodgers are the pipe dreams I think they are, Indianapolis would have to move way up in the draft to pick someone like Lawrence, Wilson, Fields or Young – a price that would be higher than the price of acquiring Stafford. He’s a bargain, is what I’m telling you, a quarterback ready to win right now, being plugged into a roster ready to win right now, playing with what would the best offensive line, running back, coach and front office of his career.

Or the Colts could mortgage tomorrow to trade up for a rookie quarterback who won’t be ready to win a Super Bowl today. Make sense to you? Me neither. Vector calculus goes way over my head, but we’re talking basic math now, dealing with a problem so simple, we can use our fingers to get the answer:

One, two, three … nine.

I believe Mr. Doyel is spot on with his analysis.