Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Congrats to all Indiana High School players Signing their NLI today

1 hour ago, DE said:

Dumb question and maybe @Bobrefcan shed some light....

Ron Pawlus III pops played at ND.  Did III get a full ride?  Maybe I missed it in the quoted link.

From what I’ve read it’s a full ride, I would’ve guessed maybe PWO as his only P5 offer was from Kentucky. Congrats to him on signing with the Irish!

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

The big QB get for ND is Tyler Buchner, has good chance of being high on depth chart freshman year. 

Tyler Buchner will have a shot to compete in the spring for sure... Ian Book will be gone, Brandon Clark (backup fr qb) may need a knee procedure, which leaves qb Drew Pyne, Tyler Buchner, and Ron Powlus as your qb room next season unless they bring in a grad transfer qb. Lot of hype towards Buchner, he has all the tools but played inferior competition in San Diego before transferring for his senior season (not sure if he played senior season). Good opportunity for Ron Powlus, you never know when an opportunity could arise but I don’t think they signed him to be a starter down the road, IMO

37 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Tyler Buchner will have a shot to compete in the spring for sure... Ian Book will be gone, Brandon Clark (backup fr qb) may need a knee procedure, which leaves qb Drew Pyne, Tyler Buchner, and Ron Powlus as your qb room next season unless they bring in a grad transfer qb. Lot of hype towards Buchner, he has all the tools but played inferior competition in San Diego before transferring for his senior season (not sure if he played senior season). Good opportunity for Ron Powlus, you never know when an opportunity could arise but I don’t think they signed him to be a starter down the road, IMO

Buchner did not play this year as CA canceled their high school season. Unfortunately, I think that means he’ll get out of the gate more slowly than he would otherwise.

9 hours ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I've watched Powlus a few times at Penn. Not bashing him, just think is an average QB from what I saw. Maybe he continues to get better in his early years at ND and can get into position to be starting a few years down the road, red shirt maybe? I hope he does well, always like to see the kids from the greater tri-plex area go to ND and play. Could be a legacy offer, but great for him if he got a full ride for the education, can't argue against that!!