Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC too early prediction 2021

13 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

I haven't had ONE Athletic Director/Insitution contact anyone who would be directly impacted by your "proclamation" ... Make any mention of them doing any sort of thing. 

They have contracted officials via a master schedule for the next 3 years at minimum.  I would love to know your source(s).  

The last I heard about it was an interview with the Luers head coach, Leisure Suit!, and he was talking about something in the works for the near future.  I can't remember it word for word, but something about the upper teams looking for some outside competition.  I'm sure it's on the web somewhere.  I've heard it mentioned on 1380 a few times, too.  

On 12/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, Yuccaguy said:

I am fine with the "way too early predictions".  

But the issue with the conference as a whole, is that it is a CLOSED one as it relates to football.  The 3 privates are the benefactors of this system, IMO.  

It gives none of the larger publics any conception of how they relate to any of the other institutions outside of the area/conference/state.  So the playoffs become a crap-shoot for them.  

As for the privates, they always get the added bonus of then playing within the lower classification that they are assigned (playoffs);  After having gone through the grind of playing larger schools.  

Having said all that, it will always be the same thing:  Wash, Rinse, Repeat....year after year with the SAC!  

Can we ever have a SAC thread that stays on topic without some outsider trying to tell us how to run our own conference.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, jakone said:

Can we ever have a SAC thread that stays on topic without some outsider trying to tell us how to run our own conference.

Ya know. I can say with utmost certainly that I am more well versed on this discussion and the inner workings of the conference than anyone who has submitted a response.  So to quote me as an "outsider" is beyond ridiculous!

As for the conference in 2021.  As I said before...

Wash, rinse, repeat!  

• Like 2

All I was trying to do is start a fun little discussion on what people thought or hoped would happen next year in the conference. Maybe I should have started a thread on conference realignment then we could discuss who wins the SAC next year.

3 hours ago, Yuccaguy said:

Ya know. I can say with utmost certainly that I am more well versed on this discussion and the inner workings of the conference than anyone who has submitted a response.  So to quote me as an "outsider" is beyond ridiculous!

As for the conference in 2021.  As I said before...

Wash, rinse, repeat!  

I certainly don't think you're an outsider, but just being honest that you're a referee and may have a little bit of inside information is good.  I heard some of the coaches implying that things were in the works and this was public implying.  You don't have to believe it, but you can certainly text them or shoot them a message on facebook, and then comment here.  Oh, and take three knees and kick the ball out of bounds.  🙂 🙂 🙂 Clock management counts.  🙂

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2020 at 9:25 AM, Robert said:

The last I heard about it was an interview with the Luers head coach, Leisure Suit!, and he was talking about something in the works for the near future.  I can't remember it word for word, but something about the upper teams looking for some outside competition.  I'm sure it's on the web somewhere.  I've heard it mentioned on 1380 a few times, too.  

It would be an epic move for the SAC overall if it's true. It better serves the larger schools than the smaller ones though. If Luers dropped Snider and picked up an Adams Central or a Coldwater Ohio, would that serve the Knights for the better or worse? Without a doubt I think it would benefit Snider, maybe rekindle their rivalry with Penn. 

19 hours ago, BTF said:

It would be an epic move for the SAC overall if it's true. It better serves the larger schools than the smaller ones though. If Luers dropped Snider and picked up an Adams Central or a Coldwater Ohio, would that serve the Knights for the better or worse? Without a doubt I think it would benefit Snider, maybe rekindle their rivalry with Penn. 

It didn't benefit Snider by playing Penn before when they were a lot better. For Luers dropping Snider for Adams Central would be a waste of time for Luers, not trying to be arrogant. Maybe Leo or East Noble might help.

On 12/24/2020 at 1:47 PM, BTF said:

Challenge for Snider would be to find some opponent that would present challenge. Not many close other than Penn, maybe Warsaw or Elkhart. Other than that, they would need to play Indy area schools or head to Da Region. I guess they could also look to Ohio; Lima or Toledo area?

4 hours ago, jakone said:

It didn't benefit Snider by playing Penn before when they were a lot better. For Luers dropping Snider for Adams Central would be a waste of time for Luers, not trying to be arrogant. Maybe Leo or East Noble might help.

Because it benefits Luers in the tournament by playing larger schools in the regular season. I'm struggling with why you don't think Snider would benefit from playing larger schools like Luers does. It's common sense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Challenge for Snider would be to find some opponent that would present challenge. Not many close other than Penn, maybe Warsaw or Elkhart. Other than that, they would need to play Indy area schools or head to Da Region. I guess they could also look to Ohio; Lima or Toledo area?

I don't see the point in disrupting the SAC in it's current form to go out and play Warsaw. Go big or go home. They found Penn. They found Cathedral. Homestead found Carmel. There will be takers, that wont be a problem. 

6 hours ago, BTF said:

I don't see the point in disrupting the SAC in it's current form to go out and play Warsaw. Go big or go home. They found Penn. They found Cathedral. Homestead found Carmel. There will be takers, that wont be a problem. 

I agree, no point in disrupting a SAC conference. They are in their own little  world. They can dominate there in the Fort. Why or who wants any more? This coming from the little sister. NHHS might just ride up and bite big brother in the ass one day. 

11 hours ago, southend said:

I agree, no point in disrupting a SAC conference. They are in their own little  world. They can dominate there in the Fort. Why or who wants any more? This coming from the little sister. NHHS might just ride up and bite big brother in the ass one day. 

NHHS has tried for years with no luck. 2016 they had a good team if I recall correctly. Maybe one year they can put it together and get to a semi-state again, who knows maybe even get to LOS? I would think best chance would be while Saints are playing in 5A, they will probably be there for awhile. Jim Rowland had them going in great direction, too bad he stepped down. 

20 hours ago, BTF said:

Because it benefits Luers in the tournament by playing larger schools in the regular season. I'm struggling with why you don't think Snider would benefit from playing larger schools like Luers does. It's common sense.

There was four year period where Snider had two out of conference games and it didn't benefit them one bit.

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

How do you know it “didn’t benefit them one bit?”

During that four year period Snider seasons ended in blowout loses, first year of closed conference Snider wins state. As Mr. Spock would say "I'm stating fact captain not opinion."

57 minutes ago, jakone said:

During that four year period Snider seasons ended in blowout loses, first year of closed conference Snider wins state. As Mr. Spock would say "I'm stating fact captain not opinion."

Well, it just occurs to me that you may have not accounted for a variable or two in your determination of causation, rendering the conclusion a little suspect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jakone said:

Snider played Penn in 2012 (one of the four seasons you speak of) and beat them in the regular season. Maybe that prepared them for their victories over Fishers and Merrillville en route to the state title game? 

Edited by BTF
Additional wording
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2020 at 3:37 PM, jakone said:

They barely defeated a glorified 4A team (Success Factored into 5A) in what may have been the best State Finals game in years.  So to suggest that they were a 'juggernaut' or anything else is misleading.  Snider was on the cusp of 6A (enrollment) at the time.  Seems like a great argument on school enrollment and the ability to field a better squad.

Its evident that a certain  SAC school seems to attract 'athletes' in FB because of their historical prowess within the school choice exemption.   

What has any team other than the privates done since 2016?  

To beat the BEST, you need to PLAY the best!    As Mr. Spock would say "I'm stating fact captain not opinion."

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 9:38 AM, jakone said:

Maybe start with middle of the pack NE8 team like New Haven b4 calling out the upper tier.  NH v Pioneer was essentially identical to Luers v Pioneer. 

3 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Maybe start with middle of the pack NE8 team like New Haven b4 calling out the upper tier.  NH v Pioneer was essentially identical to Luers v Pioneer. 

NH v South Side was essentially opposite to Luers v South Side.

3 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Luers could compete some, if not most years with East Noble and Leo. I just don't see either team wanting to add a 2A school to the schedule. EN has a tendency to schedule up when adding new teams, examples: Warsaw, Penn, Mishawaka and Cathedral. 

20 hours ago, jakone said:

NH v South Side was essentially opposite to Luers v South Side.

Luers had a very nice year and will make another run next year.  And because of that the chirping starts ... happens with AC and SA every year as well. Was hoping NH v Pioneer and Delta v Eastbrook would’ve cured everyone of that.