Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC too early prediction 2021

20 hours ago, Prospect said:

Luers could compete some, if not most years with East Noble and Leo. I just don't see either team wanting to add a 2A school to the schedule. EN has a tendency to schedule up when adding new teams, examples: Warsaw, Penn, Mishawaka and Cathedral. 

Luers and Leo played each other in 2013 and 2014.

Here is an idea. If Snider wants to compete with big school out of Indy simply leave the SAC. Or close Snider move all the kids to Northrop. Change the name to Snider. Doubles in size.

Hell maybe throw in North Side as well. The reason Indy schools beat them, Homestead and Carroll is the size of the schools.

Not only will it increase the size of Snider but open up the SAC. 8 Schools again. 

Now back on topic. 

Carroll, Homestead, Dwenger, Snider, Concordia, Luers, Northrop, Wayne, North and South

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Here is an idea. If Snider wants to compete with big school out of Indy simply leave the SAC. 

Although Snider is moving down to 5a, I still think eliminating a couple of the bottom tier teams and replacing them with stronger opponents would still serve both them and the Saints in their pursuit of hoisting that 5a state championship trophy. 

But this is really becoming more and more about Homestead and Carroll since they are in 6a for good. I attribute their success against Snider the past couple of years to them joining the SAC five years ago and elevating their level of play to that of the Summit. To do the same thing on a statewide level, they'll need to open their schedule to new opponents. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Although Snider is moving down to 5a, I still think eliminating a couple of the bottom tier teams and replacing them with stronger opponents would still serve both them and the Saints in their pursuit of hoisting that 5a state championship trophy. 

But this is really becoming more and more about Homestead and Carroll since they are in 6a for good. I attribute their success against Snider the past couple of years to them joining the SAC five years ago and elevating their level of play to that of the Summit. To do the same thing on a statewide level, they'll need to open their schedule to new opponents. 

So the SAC lets Homestead and Carroll join the conference when no one else wanted them and now you want them to dictate policy in the conference.

18 minutes ago, jakone said:

So the SAC lets Homestead and Carroll join the conference when no one else wanted them and now you want them to dictate policy in the conference.

I get it, the SAC is perfect the way it is for Luers.............en route to 11 state championships. It just doesn't serve the larger schools well. Why is this so hard to explain to you? If you don't understand by now, you never will. My last post on this. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BTF said:

I get it, the SAC is perfect the way it is for Luers.............en route to 11 state championships. It just doesn't serve the larger schools well. Why is this so hard to explain to you? If you don't understand by now, you never will. My last post on this. 

If you really take a hard look at this from a realistic point of view, Luers should not be in The SAC, they should be in the NE8  It doesnt make sense for a 2A school to be playing up to 5A and 6A schools throughout the entire year.  That would be like Andrean playing in the DAC  There should be plenty of 4A competition in the NE8 to keep Luers sharp during the regular season.  

2 hours ago, DT said:

If you really take a hard look at this from a realistic point of view, Luers should not be in The SAC, they should be in the NE8  It doesnt make sense for a 2A school to be playing up to 5A and 6A schools throughout the entire year.  That would be like Andrean playing in the DAC  There should be plenty of 4A competition in the NE8 to keep Luers sharp during the regular season.  

I agree. Football in the state of Indiana has evolved over the last five decades. The SAC should evolve as well. Sure, the Knights have had success against both Carroll and Homestead since they joined they conference, but they struggle mightily against Snider and Dwenger. The chances of them winning an SAC title is about 5%. NE8 is definitely a better fit. I'd be curious to see what guys like Lurker and Panama think about it. The other option would be to divide the SAC into two divisions. 

On 1/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, BTF said:

I agree. Football in the state of Indiana has evolved over the last five decades. The SAC should evolve as well. Sure, the Knights have had success against both Carroll and Homestead since they joined they conference, but they struggle mightily against Snider and Dwenger. The chances of them winning an SAC title is about 5%. NE8 is definitely a better fit. I'd be curious to see what guys like Lurker and Panama think about it. The other option would be to divide the SAC into two divisions. 

Can anyone list out the SAC winners of the last 10 years?  I think the same names will pop up.  

58 minutes ago, Robert said:

Can anyone list out the SAC winners of the last 10 years?  I think the same names will pop up.  

Conference Winners and Playoff Results:

2010 - Dwenger - Lost to Cathedral at state (Luers and the fighting Jaylon Smith's win state)

2011 - Luers - State championship (See above for how)

2012 - Snider - Lost to Lawrence Central at state (Luers wins state again see 2010)

2013 - North Side -  Lost in sectionals

2014 - Snider, Luers, Wayne - Semi state loss, semi state loss, sectional loss

2015 - Dwenger - State champs

2016 - Snider - Semi state loss (Concordia won 3A state in dominating fashion)

2017 - Snider - Regional loss

2018 - Dwenger - State champs

2019 - Homestead - Regional loss

2020 - Homestead - Regional loss

Seems like the smaller schools are the ones who are getting the most out of the current SAC format. It's kind of crazy how nobody has pointed this out at all... 

• Haha 1

On 1/5/2021 at 1:46 PM, Prospect said:

2010 - Dwenger - Lost to Cathedral at state (Luers and the fighting Jaylon Smith's win state)

2012 - Snider - Lost to Lawrence Central at state (Luers wins state again see 2010)

Seems like the smaller schools are the ones who are getting the most out of the current SAC format. It's kind of crazy how nobody has pointed this out at all... 

Thanks for the share.  It's been pointed out since all in playoffs started. 

On 1/5/2021 at 1:46 PM, Prospect said:

Ok, so 4 of the first 6 years you had conference champ team in state finals, 2 wins and 2 losses. Luers won state in two years form 2010 - 2015 though the were not SAC champs. The next five years the SAC produced 2 state champs, one was SAC champ. So six state championships by SAC teams in 11 years.

But wait, there is more. Snider has state title in 2015, so 7 state titles in last 11 years. Not bad, Is there another conference other than MIC that has more in last 11 years??? OK, I know about the Luers argument, but they are in conference.