Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New matchups for 2021

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Witht e consolidation in Hammond, there apparently will be a few new games on the schedule.

Morton will now play Elkhart  and Cathedrlal (wow)

..........Lowell now plays New Prairie..a good looking 4A matchup

anybody know of any more?

I made some multiple posts here. Can you delete two of them?

On 12/20/2020 at 11:07 AM, oldunclemark said:

Witht e consolidation in Hammond, there apparently will be a few new games on the schedule.

Morton will now play Elkhart  and Cathedrlal (wow)

..........Lowell now plays New Prairie..a good looking 4A matchup

anybody know of any more?

I like that the Devils and What’s -their-faces are hooking up in the regular season.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm seeing Andrean at Crown Point////1st time ever...on Aug. 27

Nice. In the early 2010s these two teams would always play a live scrimmage the week before the season started. Never knew they'd never played before in the regular season. 

On 1/19/2021 at 1:38 PM, scarab527 said:

Nice. In the early 2010s these two teams would always play a live scrimmage the week before the season started. Never knew they'd never played before in the regular season. 

This could become the new "Andrean vs Merrillville"

The battle of 59th street will soon be ending

• 2 weeks later...

Not for 2021, but we are excited to announce that we have just signed a two year contract with Carmel starting in 2022.

Carmel @ Elkhart 8/26/2022

Elkhart @ Carmel 8/25/2023

Our program is excited about the future opportunity to compete against one of the top programs in the midwest!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, CoachShattuck said:

Not for 2021, but we are excited to announce that we have just signed a two year contract with Carmel starting in 2022.

Our program is excited about the future opportunity to compete against one of the top programs in the midwest!

YES!

On 2/4/2021 at 2:38 PM, Whiting89 said:

Whiting opening up against frontier and highland this year

highland used to be on schedule years ago

I’m not sure whiting has ever played frontier

The Whiting-Frontier is a real head scratcher as Brookston and Chalmers is so tied to the Lafayette area.  I do remember South Newton playing against Whiting in the early 1980s, though.

On 2/4/2021 at 8:40 AM, CoachShattuck said:

This is a great matchup and takes me way back to 1975 when Carmel came to Highland with Mark Herrmann and Bart Burrell.   It was a case 14-7 type game in favor of CHS.  One of the very first high school games I attended and cemented my desire to be a Highland Trojan gridder  Huge crowd that night at Highland

You have to love how Elkhart is building this program.   We will probably see them at 6A semi state very soon

Edited by DT

On 2/4/2021 at 3:38 PM, Whiting89 said:

Whiting opening up against frontier and highland this year

highland used to be on schedule years ago

I’m not sure whiting has ever played frontier

As a Highland fan this is disappointing.  We drop 6A Crown Point and pick up 1A Whiting.   Doesn't say much about the competitive nature of our program

Or maybe it does

2 hours ago, DT said:

As a Highland fan this is disappointing.  We drop 6A Crown Point and pick up 1A Whiting.   Doesn't say much about the competitive nature of our program

Or maybe it does

Highland has 5 seasons since 1994 that are above .500. Koulianos did a nice job at Hanover Central and is working to build the program. Times change and demographics change and perhaps this is the case with Highland. A win to start the season, regardless of who it is, could provide a springboard for the rest of the year. Besides, Whiting is 3 years removed from a sectional title and 6 years removed from a state title appearance. They are a very solid 1a program. Once he gets the program on solid ground, it is logical to think they can schedule up again. 

5 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Highland has 5 seasons since 1994 that are above .500. Koulianos did a nice job at Hanover Central and is working to build the program. Times change and demographics change and perhaps this is the case with Highland. A win to start the season, regardless of who it is, could provide a springboard for the rest of the year. Besides, Whiting is 3 years removed from a sectional title and 6 years removed from a state title appearance. They are a very solid 1a program. Once he gets the program on solid ground, it is logical to think they can schedule up again. 

I have great respect for Whiting.  Getting out of the CP contract was the right thing to do, especially with Buz in the fold.  Id rather see Highland schedule a 3A or a 4A than a 1A, but a win is a win, and they have been hard to come by in recent years.  Whiting will probably throttle us anyways.  LOL.  

Edited by DT