Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New matchups for 2021

• 2 weeks later...

1831132823_ScreenShot2021-02-22at2_12_40PM.png.12c9cf8f5c1460fd5b30ec48417acbd1.png

Adams Central had to drop Monroe Central due to a schedule change in MC's conference. They picked up Parke Heritage and the game will be played at Pendleton Heights. The AC/Monroe Central matchup has been a good one over the years, especially in the postseason, but the matchup with Parke Heritage will give AC a way to compare itself to southern 1A schools (assuming AC doesn't jump up to 2A). Regardless of reclassification possibilities, this will be a good matchup for both schools.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CoachVeatch said:

Due to the addition of North Decatur to the MEC for football only, Monroe Central now plays North Decatur week 3. Also We'll travel to 3A Hamilton Heights week 1 (a game that didn't happen due to covid last year), and play 4A Indy Attucks week 2. 

For all those who are against Penn and Elkhart joining the DAC for football only, see the above as a shining example of good logic and strong decision making   small schools leading the way

2 hours ago, DT said:

For all those who are against Penn and Elkhart joining the DAC for football only, see the above as a shining example of good logic and strong decision making   small schools leading the way

North Decatur was in a football only conference that dissolved. I think the scenarios are very different.   

42 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

I did not realize the (little) MIC had dissolved. What led to that? I guess the other schools are just independent now? 

I'm not keen on details, and I'm not entirely sure the logistics of things. All the relevant information I know is it's not a football conference anymore.

Gary West travels to Pulaski County to take on West Central on week 6. This is the 1st ever meeting between the 2 schools and I'm thinking the 1st 4A school West Central has ever played. This will also be the 1st time since the late 80's- early 90's West Central has played a regular season contest against a team from the Region. When I was in school (graduated in 90) we played Whiting and had some great games with the Oilers.  The last time West Central played a Region team was in 2015, when they lost to Lake Station in sectional competition.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, Mod22 said:

Gary West travels to Pulaski County to take on West Central on week 6. This is the 1st ever meeting between the 2 schools and I'm thinking the 1st 4A school West Central has ever played. This will also be the 1st time since the late 80's- early 90's West Central has played a regular season contest against a team from the Region. When I was in school (graduated in 90) we played Whiting and had some great games with the Oilers.  The last time West Central played a Region team was in 2015, when they lost to Lake Station in sectional competition.

Good luck, Trojan Nation!!!  Although GW's win-loss record may not be al that great, they are a 4A school and have athletes.  In MWC other news, I heard South Newton is actually going a few classes up and will be playing a 3A school...Benton Central.

Edited by Gipper

Andrean is traveling up to Grand Rapids to play Catholic Central in Week 3. Will be the second time these schools have met, with the first being a 28-0 Andrean victory in 2014. CC just came off a state championship this year. Should be a big test for the Niners. 

Edited by scarab527

Warren Central has no Week 2 or Week 9 games scheduled as of yet. I know the Louisville Trinity series ended last year due to COVID-19 and the Shamrocks not being able to travel. I hope the Warriors are not going to have an all conference schedule again this fall. One losing season is bad enough. Warren Central, please fill your two open slots!!

• 2 weeks later...

According to John Harrell...

Carmel: Week 2 Carmel is hosting Detroit King out of Detroit, Michigan.

Warren Central: Week 2 WC is hosting Bishop Chatard. Week 9 WC is hosting Hammond Central. 

Not sure what to expect from Warren and Hammond Central. Chatard and Warren should be interesting. Plenty of exciting nonconference Indy area games this upcoming season. Any future matchups between Indy teams you would love to see?

26 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

According to John Harrell...

Carmel: Week 2 Carmel is hosting Detroit King out of Detroit, Michigan.

Warren Central: Week 2 WC is hosting Bishop Chatard. Week 9 WC is hosting Hammond Central. 

Not sure what to expect from Warren and Hammond Central. Chatard and Warren should be interesting. Plenty of exciting nonconference Indy area games this upcoming season. Any future matchups between Indy teams you would love to see?

Warren Central - Hammond will be an absolute slaughter. Warren must’ve been desperate for a game

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, region said:

Warren Central - Hammond will be an absolute slaughter. Warren must’ve been desperate for a game

I’m in total agreement as combing a few mediocre 3 and 4A team’s doesn’t always translate into a 6A power.  Hammond Central may have a shiny new cafeteria and library, but that does not guarantee success on the gridiron.

On 3/17/2021 at 12:54 PM, DanteEstonia said:

I also want to know if BNL is still playing Jeff and NA in Weeks 3 and 4, respectively. 

How about the Red Devils get on I-65 and play the Bronchos to make it a Jeff vs. Jeff tilt?