Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New matchups for 2021

3 hours ago, Gipper said:

His wife in the flick was a hottie.  Saw her in the Copenhagen airport once, very tall.

That was Sly's real life GF or wife at the time of Rocky IV, which is the BEST Rocky of all time.  It ended the Cold War for goodness sake.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

They wouldn't play Southport in Week 4 (when both teams had openings), so why would they go to Lafayette?

Maybe not this year, but in the future.  Then again, it’s good to see Jeffersonville is playing a fellow big school as opposed to a little one.  I just liked the play on words: JEFFersonville vs. Lafayette JEFFerson.

Yes, I’m that bored working from home.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

Maybe not this year, but in the future.  Then again, it’s good to see Jeffersonville is playing a fellow big school as opposed to a little one.  I just liked the play on words: JEFFersonville vs. Lafayette JEFFerson.

Yes, I’m that bored working from home.

Maybe Red Devils vs. Red Devils,  aka Jeffersonfille vs. West Lafayette would be a good matchup?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2021 at 2:37 PM, qbcoach13 said:
Oct. 9 N South Central (Union Mills) 1A vs. Clarksville 2A 4:30 pm Eastern Time Zone   @Noblesville

Schools are located 250 Miles apart. Game to be played at Noblesville about 130 miles from each school. 

Kudos to the AD's for going out of their way to put a game on the schedule. Should be a fun experience for both teams.

16 hours ago, Bobref said:

That’ll be a war.

Absolutely! I know Chatard had a 4 year contract w/LC (before their program implosion) and went 2-2 against them, so hoping for an all-out slugfest in Week 2. 

On 4/9/2021 at 8:29 AM, MICFan34 said:

Absolutely! I know Chatard had a 4 year contract w/LC (before their program implosion) and went 2-2 against them, so hoping for an all-out slugfest in Week 2. 

Wish this matchup would have happened last year or the year before. We'll see how the underclassmen develop, but I think next year will be a very tough year for Chatard. I believe they are only returning 1-2 players on both sides of the ball, and their current junior and sophomore classes don't have the same level of talent of previous teams. 

I still love that Coach Doyle put this one on the schedule, but I think it could get ugly for my trojans.

• Like 1

I’m liking Chatard’s schedule but I share some of the concerns expressed by Doc22 above.  It’s arguably the best “in state” schedule I’ve seen from Chatard ever.  I would very much have enjoyed watching the 2 most recent teams play this schedule.  With that, we’ll see how the upcoming group rises to it.