Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Which Job is better ? Crown Point or Lake Central

Guest DT

Caitlyn is an awesome girl, I never thought I'd be typing that on a football message board. I had the pleasure of having her back in elementary school and again as a student in drivers ed. She's one of my all time favorites, just a nice down to Earth girl. Maybe she can bring glory back to the Crown Point or Lake Central football teams haha (I kid of course) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

DT;

I think you know what I do (or did before 2020 hit me) so you know how I have these photos and you can believe me when I tell you,

Caitlyn has 2 distinctions for me. 1.) I believe she is the only girl to ever start on two different regional championship teams (basketball and softball) at Crown Point in the same calendar year.

And 2.) while I do not know her (the sad part of following the kids is that there's no time to ever know them), Caitlyn, as I'm sure you already know,  is (or was) as well-spoken a teenager as I have ever run across. 

She didnt know me from a stray dog but she would answer all my stupid questions fully and in complete thought.

These are hard times and I hope her and her dad are doing well. I really do.

Caitlin Phillips and family - 2.jpg

Really warms my heart.  That's my little brother Jim.   We almost lost him in April.  He was on a ventilator for 6 weeks.   Docs told him he had no business making it.   He is now back to work at US Steel.  Terrific kid.   I love him.  The girl on the far left is Caitlyns younger sister Emily.  She is a better athlete and should have a huge career ahead.   The boy is my nephew Joey.  They just moved to Lakes of the Four seasons.  Not sure if the kids changed schools.   

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

DT;

I think you know what I do (or did before 2020 hit me) so you know how I have these photos and you can believe me when I tell you,

Caitlyn has 2 distinctions for me. 1.) I believe she is the only girl to ever start on two different regional championship teams (basketball and softball) at Crown Point in the same calendar year.

And 2.) while I do not know her (the sad part of following the kids is that there's no time to ever know them), Caitlyn, as I'm sure you already know,  is (or was) as well-spoken a teenager as I have ever run across. 

She didnt know me from a stray dog but she would answer all my stupid questions fully and in complete thought.

These are hard times and I hope her and her dad are doing well. I really do.

Caitlin Phillips and family - 2.jpg

She is a very sharp young lady.  She is at Marian University in Indy on softball scholarship.  

2 hours ago, DT said:

She is a very sharp young lady.  She is at Marian University in Indy on softball scholarship.  

2 hours ago, DT said:

Really warms my heart.  That's my little brother Jim.   We almost lost him in April.  He was on a ventilator for 6 weeks.   Docs told him he had no business making it.   He is now back to work at US Steel.  Terrific kid.   I love him.  The girl on the far left is Caitlyns younger sister Emily.  She is a better athlete and should have a huge career ahead.   The boy is my nephew Joey.  They just moved to Lakes of the Four seasons.  Not sure if the kids changed schools.   

They are all very lucky to have you as their uncle and brother.

Glad to hear Jim's back to work and back at it,  I know I followed along in the newspaper articles and appreciated you keeping me up to date when asked last summer/spring.  Scary stuff. 

Go Bulldogs 

Sidenote:   Media is now running it this afternoon up north:   RICK GOOD, will be named HC tonight at Lake Central 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Sidenote:   Media is now running it this afternoon up north:   RICK GOOD, will be named HC tonight at Lake Central 

I'd consider this a home run hire for LC. Coach Good did more than a great job at Calumet. I really think he'll be able to turn that program around. 

• Like 1

If there's no teaching requirement outside of the weight room at LC, it's the better job. Getting kids academically eligible, keeping them out of trouble, in a weight program along with handling recruiters is a full-time job. They have to be willing to travel and get more 6A teams on their schedule. Start with the Fort Wayne area and IL or MI. They're not ready for the MIC.

At LC, you better start winning 8-9 games to get the community's attention. 

I hope the new coach addresses and gets what he needs to win there.

Article on cp opening if blocked clear history and try again

cp is a sleeping giant becoming bigger and more diverse 

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/post-tribune/sports/ct-ptb-spt-mike-hutton-column-st-011721-20210115-ozw7whi6crb65ayheuufx2obgq-story.html?outputType=amp

3 hours ago, JeffO2 said:

If there's no teaching requirement outside of the weight room at LC, it's the better job. Getting kids academically eligible, keeping them out of trouble, in a weight program along with handling recruiters is a full-time job. They have to be willing to travel and get more 6A teams on their schedule. Start with the Fort Wayne area and IL or MI. They're not ready for the MIC.

At LC, you better start winning 8-9 games to get the community's attention. 

I hope the new coach addresses and gets what he needs to win there.

Based on how they have been getting spanked the past 3-4 years, the worst team within the conference, they should be more worried about the DAC vs other schools outside the region.