Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Any talk of Boonville and Bosse trading places?

Guest DT

No, Boonville had the chance to join the SIAC and decided it was not in there best interest. Bosse is part of the EVSC, I doubt the AD of the EVSC wants to have schools in multiple conferences. Now I could see Gibson Southern wanting to join the SIAC and they would be able to compete in many sports but Bosse isn't leaving the SIAC.

• Thanks 2

Regarding the OP Boonville is in a good place for them.

My preferred conference alignment for sw indiana (football only) would have multiple divisions with promotion/relegation to maximize competitive scheduling.  The SIAC and PAC combined have 22 football playing schools.  Getting to 24 schools would neatly create four divisions of six.  The four divisions would all play their five division games in weeks 5-9.  Weeks 1-4 would allow for cross division games to fill out the schedules.   Theoretically that type of arrangement would result in the best six teams in the same division and the worst six teams in the same division. 

I have no reasonable expectation of anything like that ever happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There shouldn’t be any talk.  The Evansville schools need to play each other in all sports, while schools in the hinterland need to find what’s in their best interest.  

This applies all over the state.  Sure, it would be great to have a Premier League of football teams, but other sports also matter.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SouthernFan said:

Bosse will never leave the SIAC, Everyone is where they need to be. Right now both the PAC and SIAC are set up the way it should be. 

Agreed.  Winning and losing streaks come and go, but these two leagues should stand the test of time.

I think with the recent realignments that most everyone is happy considering all sports.  The only school with some potential buyers remorse over the next few years might be Vincennes.  In terms of football, the PAC folks might wish they had a little less non-conference freedom, and some SIAC guys might wish they had a little more.

• Like 2