Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

20-21 Bowl Season

Irishman

What the heck.....just for some sh*** and giggles; I figured we could start a topic to cover all non CFP bowl games....Include some funny stuff as well. Like the Wisconsin QB with the trophy from today's game lol
https://twitter.com/ZachHeilprin/status/1344400073938120705?s=20

Interesting to see some of the matchups. I still laugh that teams that played maybe 5 or 6 games are in bowl games. 

The first quarter of the Cotton Bowl is not even over and Kyle Trask has just lost his chance at the Heisman. Even with receivers opting out, the first pick was just telegraphed. 

Florida doing their impression of Notre Dame in the post season???? lol sorry, could not resist...and I am an Irish fan :) 

The OU o line is dominating. 

15 hours ago, Irishman said:

Florida doing their impression of Notre Dame in the post season???? lol sorry, could not resist...and I am an Irish fan 🙂

The OU o line is dominating. 

I read on ESPN’s sight that Florida barely had the minimum eligible roster because of Covid and opt-outs. Top 4 receivers and 4 starters on defense. So there’s that.

I was watching highlights of the Army West VA match up in the Liberty Bowl. The announcer said that Army was a replacement team. Tennessee had to back out due to covid issues on the team. Army is 9-2 and got stuck without a bowl game to play. Several 3-3, 4-1 teams are in bowls but a 9-2 West Point team was stuck. I am glad they got to play, but damn........yes there are too many bowl games. That is what happens when the NCAA allows other entities control their post season. 

Congrats to Ball State for the win today. It did look like during the post game hand shakes that someone from San Jose State was not too happy with the result and was looking for trouble. I know some don't think Bowl games really mean anything, but the Mountain West is a higher profile conference than the MAC, and to win this way is a big deal. It was also a GREAT time slot on network TV for them to play. Mike Neu has done a great job building this program. Of course when you talk about Ball State having this kind of success, hanging on to the coach comes into question. It helps that Neu is an alum, but BSU is a bare bones athletic program; so keeping him there could be difficult to do. There was a nice moment during the game where Brad Nessler talked about the Hoosier State and they showed the 3 teams that are in a bowl game; definitely a rare football moment for this State. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Irishman said:

I was watching highlights of the Army West VA match up in the Liberty Bowl. The announcer said that Army was a replacement team. Tennessee had to back out due to covid issues on the team. Army is 9-2 and got stuck without a bowl game to play. Several 3-3, 4-1 teams are in bowls but a 9-2 West Point team was stuck. I am glad they got to play, but damn........yes there are too many bowl games. That is what happens when the NCAA allows other entities control their post season. 

Agree. 

26 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

@Bobref.  If you were watching tonight's OSU game

Why was that not a live ball flag for SPEARING, but instead a targeting call after the fact?  on the hit that Fields took in open field 

Don’t think there was even a flag on the play. Maybe happened so fast to the naked eye, hence no flag, but was buzzed down by replay which I believe can be looked at for review. Safety. 

Edited by DE

Dabo’s staff is just getting outcoached. I am not sure what what Venables’ plan was from the first snap. There was a LOT of confusion in where LB’s should line up, and they were not ready at the snap. He also is sitting back in coverage and not really getting pressure on Fields. My thought is that seeing Fields is injured, bring the heat. You cannot let this kid sit back and just pick you apart. Olave is just finding ways to get open. Looking at what Northwestern did, and what OSU is doing, maybe the B1G is better than anyone thought? I think this actually makes IU look better. Just hope they can play well tomorrow.