Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Pat Fitzgerald

Gipper

I didn’t realize this, but he’s the longest tenured B1G behing Kirk “Problem?  There’s no problem here!” Ferentz at Iowa.  Nevertheless, he just won the Bobby Dodd Award for best college coach.  Will he remain in Evanston or dive into the much murkier waters of the NFL?

38 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I didn’t realize this, but he’s the longest tenured B1G behing Kirk “Problem?  There’s no problem here!” Ferentz at Iowa.  Nevertheless, he just won the Bobby Dodd Award for best college coach.  Will he remain in Evanston or dive into the much murkier waters of the NFL?

He has rejected teams in the past. I think he stays at Northwestern until he retires. Why leave? It’s a great job, great kids, great environment, expectations will never be too high, and think of all the great places to eat in Chicago. 😁

49 minutes ago, Irishman said:

He has rejected teams in the past. I think he stays at Northwestern until he retires. Why leave? It’s a great job, great kids, great environment, expectations will never be too high, and think of all the great places to eat in Chicago. 😁

I’ve been to many of them,  Evanston is great in it’s on right.

• Like 1

Listened after the game. Fitz said he wants to stay in one place so he doesn’t have to move his kids out of schools. I LOVE this. 

But also sounded like if the Bears, and only the Bears, called, he’d leave.