Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football Sectional Assignment

28 minutes ago, Coach P said:

I am hearing Westfield, NC, Carmel , Zionsville are going to be together. Jeff going to region, Noblesville to Ft. Wayne and HSE/ Fishers go South.

So that would look something like this?  Outside of Sectional 4, better have those charter buses gassed up and ready to go!

1 - Merrillville, Crown Point, Lake Central, Lafayette Jeff

2 - Penn, Chesterton, Valparaiso, Portage

3 - Noblesville, Homestead, Carroll, Warsaw

4 - Westfield, North Central, Carmel, Zionsville

1 hour ago, WCHS Tiger Fan said:

Inappropriate language used

Whoa! That took a sharp left turn. He was asking a question, not making a statement. I guess it's good just to be able to support a little ole 1A team in the middle of a cornfield and only have to travel 1 hour and 15 minutes to our most distant away game. Oh well, carry on. It's just a game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanShotFirst said:

So that would look something like this?  Outside of Sectional 4, better have those charter buses gassed up and ready to go!

That would make a lot of sense for a lot of reasons. It also makes the south come together pretty easily. 

5: HSE/Fishers/LN/LC
6: Pike/BD/Avon/Brownsburg
7: WC/Tech/Southport/Perry Meridian 
8: Franklin Central/CG/Columbus North/East

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanShotFirst said:

I like that for Jeff. Imho. A much more suitable sectional at this juncture than having to face Carmel potentially every post season. 

19 minutes ago, WCHS Tiger Fan said:

we don't want to , we want to compete with penn , not homestead  or carroll

Let's start with Carroll, then Homestead, then maybe Penn if you can get out of Sectional 3..........................Baby steps.

Seriously, I hope you guys really can compete with Penn.  However, you have along way to go to be put in the "Penn" category. Right now I would say Warsaw is Carroll caliber. And I only put them in Carroll's category because they had a decent 2018. Earn your way to Penn. If you can get out of sectional 3 by upending the favorite..........Homestead..........then I will be the first fan in the stands to watch Warsaw compete with Penn. Realistically, if you go to Penn's sectional, it could be one and done.

I've always thought, under the right leadership, the Warsaw community could put a quality product on the football field. I'm thinking of the Phil Jenson led teams of 2000 and 2001. In 2000, they rolled their way to a 9-2 record, beating a very good Northwood team 29-28. Their only other blemishes were an overtime loss to Homestead and a second round loss to Penn (eventual state champs) 10-7. Then came 2001. The entire Warsaw community had Penn on their mind.............they wanted revenge. However, this time, they were assigned to Sectional 3...............SNIDER. They rolled through the regular season undefeated and waxing every opponent they faced, including Kokomo 62-0 in the opening round of the sectionals. When they took the field against Snider, I couldn't believe how big they were..........their offensive line was enormous............one of the biggest I've seen at the high school level. Right away, 14-0 Warsaw. Then Snider made a slow comeback. 14-14 in the 3rd. 20-14 Warsaw (missed extra point). Last minute drive, 20-20 (missed extra point). Overtime...............Snider 23-20. That was one of the best football games I've ever witnessed. Both Penn and Snider eventually lost to Valpo that year. Valpo eventually lost to Ben Davis.

It is my hope that Bart Curtis can get Warsaw to that 2001 level again.

Good luck to the Tigers, I really wish them success. We need more strong programs representing 6a north.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Let's start with Carroll, then Homestead, then maybe Penn if you can get out of Sectional 3..........................Baby steps.

Seriously, I hope you guys really can compete with Penn.  However, you have along way to go to be put in the "Penn" category. Right now I would say Warsaw is Carroll caliber. And I only put them in Carroll's category because they had a decent 2018. Earn your way to Penn. If you can get out of sectional 3 by upending the favorite..........Homestead..........then I will be the first fan in the stands to watch Warsaw compete with Penn. Realistically, if you go to Penn's sectional, it could be one and done.

I've always thought, under the right leadership, the Warsaw community could put a quality product on the football field. I'm thinking of the Phil Jenson led teams of 2000 and 2001. In 2000, they rolled their way to a 9-2 record, beating a very good Northwood team 29-28. Their only other blemishes were an overtime loss to Homestead and a second round loss to Penn (eventual state champs) 10-7. Then came 2001. The entire Warsaw community had Penn on their mind.............they wanted revenge. However, this time, they were assigned to Sectional 3...............SNIDER. They rolled through the regular season undefeated and waxing every opponent they faced, including Kokomo 62-0 in the opening round of the sectionals. When they took the field against Snider, I couldn't believe how big they were..........their offensive line was enormous............one of the biggest I've seen at the high school level. Right away, 14-0 Warsaw. Then Snider made a slow comeback. 14-14 in the 3rd. 20-14 Warsaw (missed extra point). Last minute drive, 20-20 (missed extra point). Overtime...............Snider 23-20. That was one of the best football games I've ever witnessed. Both Penn and Snider eventually lost to Valpo that year. Valpo eventually lost to Ben Davis.

It is my hope that Bart Curtis can get Warsaw to that 2001 level again.

Good luck to the Tigers, I really wish them success. We need more strong programs representing 6a north.

As you said, baby steps for Warsaw. They are the team on rise, but are still behind Carroll, Homestead, Penn and probably Valpo in region and then Jeff and Carmel for Semi. So they got a ways to go, so lets see what they can do in next 3-5 years. That will tell you if program is "stepping" up. 

• Disdain 1

46 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

Here's the map so you can try to project the sectional fields: https://drive.google.com/open?id=153gxokpw917Ny2QyJyMozaPMxkCQOyQb&usp=sharing

Here's my very unscientific stab at it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vXlagxgmD3_KwFJUNHTUeDtSd9ylMmsa&usp=sharing

For 1A your mock up makes the most geographical sense that I've seen. They'll probably gerrymander differently however.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

Here's the map so you can try to project the sectional fields: https://drive.google.com/open?id=153gxokpw917Ny2QyJyMozaPMxkCQOyQb&usp=sharing

Here's my very unscientific stab at it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vXlagxgmD3_KwFJUNHTUeDtSd9ylMmsa&usp=sharing

2A PLAC teams Paoli and Mitchell and MSC teams Eastern Pekin & Clarksville have interesting potential match up's with Indy Howe and Triton Central. Howe going to Paoli would be a loooonnnggg school bus ride. 

In 3A MSC sectional 31, I will be keeping an eye on which team the IHSAA decides to send over to the all MSC. Southridge or Heritage Hills (the traditional choice). It's a really meat grinder in 31. Lots of good coached football in that one. 

In 1A, Perry Central/ West Washington sectional would have some hauls too. Especially Rock Creek, closest is WW. That area of the state is always weird anyhow. WW has played in the sectional southwest of them (40 back in the day if I remember correctly), but has had their most success in sectional closer to Cincy with ND and Milan. 

Looking forward to the official alignments, just means football is one step closer!