Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football Sectional Assignment

4A North is somewhat easy to figure out.

Sectional 17 is all Lake County Schools

Sectional 18 is South Bend Clay, St Joe, Riley with New Prairie, KV, Plymouth, Culver Academy, and Logansport

Sectional 19 is Leo, Northwood, Northridge, Columbia City, DeKalb, East Noble, Angola, and Wawasee

Sectional 20 is Jay County, Western, Mississinewa, Marion, Huntington North, New Haven, and Ft Wayne Wayne and South Side

Looks like the 4A South will have the Bye.

1 hour ago, Julio said:

Sectional 18 is South Bend Clay, St Joe, Riley with New Prairie, KV, Plymouth, Culver Academy, and Logansport

Sectional 19 is Leo, Northwood, Northridge, Columbia City, DeKalb, East Noble, Angola, and Wawasee

Sectional 20 is Jay County, Western, Mississinewa, Marion, Huntington North, New Haven, and Ft Wayne Wayne and South Side

9 schools with "Lake County" ties.  Mentioned it earlier, but Hobart may get the bid out east.  They have a much easier travel path than KV, with access to 94/30.  Difference in travel time, KV versus Hobart, is roughly 20-25 minutes to their closest sectional opponent.

Edited by HanShotFirst

3 hours ago, Julio said:

No doubt the bye is going to be in 4A Sectional 24.  The 4 Evansville schools, Jasper, Boonville, and either Silver Creek (2 hours east) or Northview (2 hours north).  I don't see how BOTH could be added, as they are 3 hours apart from each other via bus - and would be have to drive through Indianapolis for the southernmost sectional.

43 minutes ago, Julio said:

There are only 8 schools in Lake County that are 4A:

Morton

East Chicago

Griffith

West Side

Clark

Gavit

Lowell

and Hobart.

You are correct.  The "ties" run deep, however.  KV plays in a Lake County conference.  My argument is that it is a much shorter bus ride up I-65 to the Region, as opposed to the travel out east.  KV does not have immediate access to 94/30 as Hobart does.  For example, it would take KV an extra 20-25 minutes to make it to New Prairie as compared to Hobart.  The committee will surely take this into consideration?

3 hours ago, Julio said:

There are only 8 schools in Lake County that are 4A:

Morton

East Chicago

Griffith

West Side

Clark

Gavit

Lowell

and Hobart.

I forget. Who was in the sectional last cycle, w Lowell?  Were there 8 teams?

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Julio said:

Hammond High dropped to 3A this cycle.  

Somewhat surprising that SB Washington also dropped to 3A, paving the way for some new blood in the sectional.  Couple that with the loss of KV/Hobart and Mishawaka equals lots of new faces in what was the old Sectional 18.  Plenty of ranked opponents.  Should be a meat grinder.  Plymouth, CMA, New Prairie, St. Joe - potentially NorthWood - have all been state ranked in recent years past.

9 minutes ago, Julio said:

Northwood will not be in Sectional 18.

"South Bend Clay, St Joe, Riley with New Prairie, KV, Plymouth, Culver Academy, and Logansport"

Something like this then, Julio?

25 minutes ago, Julio said:

Northwood will not be in Sectional 18.

Why Logansport over NorthWood?  48 minutes from New Prairie to NorthWood.  1 hour and 30 minutes from New Prairie to Logansport.  That's not taking bus travel into account.  Tack on another 10-15 minutes.

Logansport has always gone to sectionals 20, but with the addition of Huntington North, Marion, and Mississinewa to 4A, the closes drive for them would be to head North to Sectional 18.  They are the odd team out in North 4A, if the IHSAA decides to put them in the South then then the bye could be in the North and will probably be in either Sectional 17 or 18.

20 minutes ago, Julio said:

Logansport has always gone to sectionals 20, but with the addition of Huntington North, Marion, and Mississinewa to 4A, the closes drive for them would be to head North to Sectional 18.  They are the odd team out in North 4A, if the IHSAA decides to put them in the South then then the bye could be in the North and will probably be in either Sectional 17 or 18.

17: East Chicago, Hammond Gavit, Hammond Morton, Gary West, Highland, Griffith, Hobart, Lowell
18: Kankakee Valley, New Prairie, Culver Academy, Plymouth, SB Riley, SB St. Joseph, SB Clay, NorthWood
19: Northridge, Wawasee, East Noble, Angola, DeKalb, Columbia City, Leo, New Haven
20: FW South, FW Wayne, Huntington North, Logansport, Western, Marion, Mississinewa, Jay County
21: Northview, Martinsville, Mooresville, Cathedral, Roncalli, Crispus Attucks, Shortridge, Beech Grove
22: New Castle, Greenfield-Central, Mt. Vernon, Pendleton Heights, Muncie Central, Frankfort, Lebanon, Delta
23: Madison, Jennings County, East Central, South Dearborn, Shelbyville, Connersville, Richmond, Greenwood
24: Ev. Reitz, Ev. Memorial, Ev. Harrison, Ev. Central, Boonville, Jasper, Silver Creek, BYE

25 26 27 28
Hammond   FW Concordia   Benton Central   Guerin  
Hammond Clarke   West Noble   Twin Lakes   Brebuf  
Hanover Central   Lakeland   Oak Hill   Ritter  
River Forest   Bellmont   Peru   Chatard  
Knox   Garrett   Northwestern   North Montgomery  
Calumet   Heritage   Maconquah   WL  
SB Wash   Jimtown   John Glenn   Hamilton Heights  
Mish Marion   Norwell   Tipp Valley   Yorktown  

29 30 31 32
West Vigo   Lawrenceburg   Brownstown   Ev Bosse  
Owen Valley   Franklin Co   Salem   Gibson So  
Brown Co   Batesville   Cordyon   Vinncennes  
Edgewood   Greensburg   Scottsburg   Pike Central  
Crawfordsville   Rushville   Charlestown   Princeton  
Greencastle   Manual   North Harrison   Mt. Vernon  
Danville   Indpls Wash   SR   Heritage Hills  
Tri West   Indian Creek   Washington   Sullivan  

My take on 3A.

2 hours ago, Mayo77 said:

There seems to be alot wrong with this prediction geographically.   

As far as I know... the most any school has to travel is 2 hrs and 10mins in the sectional. And there is precedent for that. 

But I would like to know what is wrong with that make up. I am not familiar with the north part of the state. I used Google maps for the 1/3 of those teams. 

21 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Using google and historical precedent (for the south)...I still think this is how it falls in 3A:

image.thumb.png.d976e238822fefbf7c7cbb726153e27d.png

What you have makes the  most sense . Below is school district maps with teams you have in 32 highlighted yellow, 31 highlighted blue. 

31,32.JPG

On 3/22/2019 at 1:51 PM, Titan32 said:

Using google and historical precedent (for the south)...I still think this is how it falls in 3A:

image.thumb.png.d976e238822fefbf7c7cbb726153e27d.png

What you have makes perfect sense and that would make 32 a very weak sectional outside of GS and Lincoln and 31 would be a very tough one.

• 1 month later...