Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football Sectional Assignment

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

3 pm dump!!

Big news out of 3a:    West Lafayette gets sent to Indy instead of Lake County

I heard the REJOICE in unison all the way down here to Rensselaer 

Yorktown to West Lafayette.  That's quite a haul for a 1st round game possibility

And Sectionals 30, 31, 32 are shall we say... interesting.

Sectional 24 gets the bye, as I expected.  Poor BYE team - they have yet to advance to Round 2.  Maybe one of these years!

1 minute ago, Titan32 said:

So geography out the window this year....nothing like 3 charter bus trips in your sectional!

Felt like that in our 2016 year. Traveling around Muncie area when everyone else was playing nearby. Believe we went to Wes-Del and Shenandoah for the first 2 rds and then won a close one at home against Monroe Central. Then won regional at Southwood which was a normal sectional foe.

6 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Yorktown to West Lafayette.  That's quite a haul for a 1st round game possibility

Sectional 24 gets the bye, as I expected.  Poor BYE team - they have yet to advance to Round 2.  Maybe one of these years!

Back in the day Sectional 20 was WL, Benton Central and they were aligned with Yorktown and Blackford as well 

New Pal coming out of the South now in 5a 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jets said:

Just.Plain.Stupid

For years, Batesville/Greensburg traveled 2+ hours to Corydon, North Harrison, and Edgewood.  

Lawrenceburg traveled to Hamilton Heights at least 1 year.  It's extremely hard to please all 64 teams especially with those teams in the corners of the state.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EricFeller said:

For years, Batesville/Greensburg traveled 2+ hours to Corydon, North Harrison, and Edgewood.  

Lawrenceburg traveled to Hamilton Heights at least 1 year.  It's extremely hard to please all 64 teams especially with those teams in the corners of the state.  

With that said. Princeton and Gibson southern are county rivals 10 miles apart and should both teams make a deep run, they would face each other in semi state...which is hilarious to me 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

In the south we've had multiple 2 hr+ bus rides in the sectional. York to WL is only 1hr 50min

39 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

Isn't that weird that those 2 are right in your back yard but Caston and Triton were assigned to 44? 

Definitely as of late. It is still weird that AC's enrollment has surpassed SA's. I'm used to SA being a 2A in the past. I'm sure it probably won't be too long until AC becomes a 2A based on enrollment if trends continue with the open enrollment throughout the state.