Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football Sectional Assignment

44 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I see your pain, but there will always be a bad call or in this case, draw.  I call it life.

While I agree with your sentiment, I don't think it applies in this case.

The sectional lines are clearly hand-drawn, subject to interpretation and manipulation.  It's 2019 - the technology exists that would allow you input school locations and minimize travel distances, removing all question and doubt about the process.  Then, your statement applies. 

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

While I agree with your sentiment, I don't think it applies in this case.

The sectional lines are clearly hand-drawn, subject to interpretation and manipulation.  It's 2019 - the technology exists that would allow you input school locations and minimize travel distances, removing all question and doubt about the process.  Then, your statement applies. 

3A sectionals are pretty solidly drawn. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

3A sectionals are pretty solidly drawn. 

Not quite... The south is a mess..... Gibson Southern and Princeton are 15 minutes apart.... They go on a run... they will play each other in................ Semi State..............

• Like 1

Just now, SoIndRef said:

Not quite... The south is a mess..... Gibson Southern and Princeton are 15 minutes apart.... They go on a run... they will play each other in................ Semi State..............

Yeah, they really are. Is that your only complaint? If that's all, then they did a pretty good job. 

9 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Yeah, they really are. Is that your only complaint? If that's all, then they did a pretty good job. 

Your sectional looks fairly solid.... But the Princeton/Gibson Southern one is pretty bad... Why not Princeton in Sectional 32 and move Southridge into 30?

Or flip 30 and 31?

I get that it is a tough task, especially if they hand draw these, but they do have the ability to balance them as best they can in terms of travel.  I do not know how they specifically do them though.

6 minutes ago, SoIndRef said:

Your sectional looks fairly solid.... But the Princeton/Gibson Southern one is pretty bad... Why not Princeton in Sectional 32 and move Southridge into 30?

Or flip 30 and 31?

I get that it is a tough task, especially if they hand draw these, but they do have the ability to balance them as best they can in terms of travel.  I do not know how they specifically do them though.

Flipping 30 and 31 seems like a logical decision for me. 

21 hours ago, SoIndRef said:

Vincennes Lincoln, Washington, Pike Central have 2.5+ hour drive to Edgewood

What am I missing here. Google shows barely over an hour from each of these schools to Edgewood. Is I-69 not open that way yet? Excuse my ignorance, don't get down there too often.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, SoIndRef said:

Vincennes Lincoln, Washington, Pike Central have 2.5+ hour drive to Edgewood

It’s 1:30 from Vincennes.  1:15 from Petersburg and 1 hour from Washington.  All on I-69.  You can probably crank the bus up to 70mph too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CoachSnyder said:

Now boys let's get along, lol

No kidding--hug it out!!!  I've said it before, some teams will have some considerable distances to travel while others won't.  I still don't feel any team was singled out.  We all must be science nerds and accept this...

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, superjay said:

It’s 1:30 from Vincennes.  1:15 from Petersburg and 1 hour from Washington.  All on I-69.  You can probably crank the bus up to 70mph too.

I assumed Edgewood High School was in Edgewood, Indiana...

Which it's not...

My bad...

Edited by SoIndRef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Twin Lakes will travel:

97 miles to Hammond Clark  1.7 hours

91 miles to Hammond High School  1.6 hours

80 miles to River Forest High School 1.5 hours

75 miles to Hanover Central 1.5 hours

86 miles to Calumet 1.5

46 miles to Knox 1hour

48 miles to Benton Central 50 minutes

Plus ALL but BC are on Central Standard time.  The GREAT thing is that we are in the tourney, playing schools we seldom see, and it is a great opportunity for the kids.  Don't worry about travel or other things.  Let the kids enjoy the moment and opportunity.  That is what is important.  Enough said.

• Like 2