Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Football Sectional Assignment

On 5/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, NVKnights said:

What am I missing here. Google shows barely over an hour from each of these schools to Edgewood. Is I-69 not open that way yet? Excuse my ignorance, don't get down there too often.

yeah...i think they were exaggerating...lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CoachSnyder said:

Twin Lakes will travel:

97 miles to Hammond Clark  1.7 hours

91 miles to Hammond High School  1.6 hours

80 miles to River Forest High School 1.5 hours

75 miles to Hanover Central 1.5 hours

86 miles to Calumet 1.5

46 miles to Knox 1hour

48 miles to Benton Central 50 minutes

Plus ALL but BC are on Central Standard time.  The GREAT thing is that we are in the tourney, playing schools we seldom see, and it is a great opportunity for the kids.  Don't worry about travel or other things.  Let the kids enjoy the moment and opportunity.  That is what is important.  Enough said.

I like your attitude!  We need more positive vibes like yours around here...

12 hours ago, CoachSnyder said:

Twin Lakes will travel:

97 miles to Hammond Clark  1.7 hours

91 miles to Hammond High School  1.6 hours

80 miles to River Forest High School 1.5 hours

75 miles to Hanover Central 1.5 hours

86 miles to Calumet 1.5

46 miles to Knox 1hour

48 miles to Benton Central 50 minutes

Plus ALL but BC are on Central Standard time.  The GREAT thing is that we are in the tourney, playing schools we seldom see, and it is a great opportunity for the kids.  Don't worry about travel or other things.  Let the kids enjoy the moment and opportunity.  That is what is important.  Enough said.

Coach, I love it, but lets be honest, if you can get to Hammond and River Forest on a Friday night in an 1.5-1.7 hours, your doing just fine! The region traffic can be dense!

Why do people complain so much about a bus ride?  

I am from a state where only the top 16 teams in each class got in the tournament. 

Our school had never qualified for the playoffs until my junior year. We were more than thrilled to drive 4 hours both my junior and senior year to play in it. 

• Like 2

I am from a state where only the top 16 teams in each class got in the tournament. 

Our school had never qualified for the playoffs until my junior year. We were more than thrilled to drive 4 hours both my junior and senior year to play in it. 

• Like 1

• Like 1

8 hours ago, starbacker said:

Because it's all perspective. Most people in Indiana are used to driving 20-30 minutes to get to most schools where their team plays. Where I grew up our closest conference rival was 2 hours away! A couple were 3 hours. When post season started the #4 team from the west traveled to the #1 team from the east and vice versa. This resulted in some 5-6 hour drives for a playoff game. Depending on who won you could travel the next week also. As athletes we thought it was pretty cool to get out of school and ride a charter bus to every event!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2019 at 3:36 PM, WCHS Tiger Fan said:

warsaw is not going to fort wayne

Well my friend, it looks like Warsaw may get moved out of FWA sectional now that Snider is going back to 6A. Your wish has come true 🙂

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:24 AM, crimsonace1 said:

Here's the map so you can try to project the sectional fields: https://drive.google.com/open?id=153gxokpw917Ny2QyJyMozaPMxkCQOyQb&usp=sharing

Here's my very unscientific stab at it: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vXlagxgmD3_KwFJUNHTUeDtSd9ylMmsa&usp=sharing

I think it makes more sense to split the Bloomington schools up - send BN to Franklin C/New Pal/Whiteland. Then send BS to Evansville with BNL (I-69). Then move Seymour to Jeffersonville/NA/Floyd. I think that makes the most geographical sense as well as competition levels.

5 hours ago, slice60 said:

Waiting impatiently for the IHSAA to release the new & improved Football Sectional assignments.

And the Baseball & Softball Sectional assignments too, of course.

New and improved?   Dumb question but are they are re-doing sectional assignments?

9 minutes ago, Mayo77 said:

New and improved?   Dumb question but are they are re-doing sectional assignments?

They have to adjust 6A and 5A I think. They made a retroactive change.  Long story short they made the success factor to “stay up” 2 points instead of 3 but then only had it for winter and spring sports.  

People got upset because they believed it favored some teams like cathedral. So they changed it to make all sports from this past year reflect the new points requirements.  The only issue was that sectional assignments were already released so they have to adjust for cathedral going “back to 5A”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

They have to adjust 6A and 5A I think. They made a retroactive change.  Long story short they made the success factor to “stay up” 2 points instead of 3 but then only had it for winter and spring sports.  

People got upset because they believed it favored some teams like cathedral. So they changed it to make all sports from this past year reflect the new points requirements.  The only issue was that sectional assignments were already released so they have to adjust for cathedral going “back to 5A”

and make the adjustment for Fort Wayne Snider to stay up in 6A. It's not just a Cathedral thing, and it is 100% the right thing. There is no sense in making a rule change and then not applying it to ALL IHSAA sports.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

and make the adjustment for Fort Wayne Snider to stay up in 6A. It's not just a Cathedral thing, and it is 100% the right thing. There is no sense in making a rule change and then not applying it to ALL IHSAA sports.

I agree it’s the right thing to do, regardless of the teams involved. I personally don’t have anything against cathedral.

and thank you for the other team. I knew there was another just couldn’t remember on the spot and didn’t want to dig through all the banter of the cathedral thread lol

On 5/3/2019 at 3:43 PM, JustRules said:

Because it's all perspective. Most people in Indiana are used to driving 20-30 minutes to get to most schools where their team plays. Where I grew up our closest conference rival was 2 hours away! A couple were 3 hours. When post season started the #4 team from the west traveled to the #1 team from the east and vice versa. This resulted in some 5-6 hour drives for a playoff game. Depending on who won you could travel the next week also. As athletes we thought it was pretty cool to get out of school and ride a charter bus to every event!

Did you grow up in Wyoming?