Jump to content

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, jets said:

Just.Plain.Stupid

 

I see your pain, but there will always be a bad call or in this case, draw.  I call it life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Gipper said:

I see your pain, but there will always be a bad call or in this case, draw.  I call it life.

While I agree with your sentiment, I don't think it applies in this case.

The sectional lines are clearly hand-drawn, subject to interpretation and manipulation.  It's 2019 - the technology exists that would allow you input school locations and minimize travel distances, removing all question and doubt about the process.  Then, your statement applies. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

While I agree with your sentiment, I don't think it applies in this case.

The sectional lines are clearly hand-drawn, subject to interpretation and manipulation.  It's 2019 - the technology exists that would allow you input school locations and minimize travel distances, removing all question and doubt about the process.  Then, your statement applies. 

3A sectionals are pretty solidly drawn. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I'd have to think BD is pretty happy with its draw after the last few years of what it had in Sectional and Regional. It's only a good draw though if you win, and Regional is pretty tough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Quads said:

Anyone know why sectional 42 was changed today?  

It was? What was the change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attica was moved to section 45 and Traders Point was moved into 42. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

3A sectionals are pretty solidly drawn. 

Not quite... The south is a mess..... Gibson Southern and Princeton are 15 minutes apart.... They go on a run... they will play each other in................ Semi State..............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoIndRef said:

Not quite... The south is a mess..... Gibson Southern and Princeton are 15 minutes apart.... They go on a run... they will play each other in................ Semi State..............

Yeah, they really are. Is that your only complaint? If that's all, then they did a pretty good job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vincennes Lincoln, Washington, Pike Central have 2.5+ hour drive to Edgewood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Yeah, they really are. Is that your only complaint? If that's all, then they did a pretty good job. 

Your sectional looks fairly solid.... But the Princeton/Gibson Southern one is pretty bad... Why not Princeton in Sectional 32 and move Southridge into 30?

 

Or flip 30 and 31?

 

I get that it is a tough task, especially if they hand draw these, but they do have the ability to balance them as best they can in terms of travel.  I do not know how they specifically do them though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SoIndRef said:

Your sectional looks fairly solid.... But the Princeton/Gibson Southern one is pretty bad... Why not Princeton in Sectional 32 and move Southridge into 30?

 

Or flip 30 and 31?

 

I get that it is a tough task, especially if they hand draw these, but they do have the ability to balance them as best they can in terms of travel.  I do not know how they specifically do them though.

Flipping 30 and 31 seems like a logical decision for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing we can do about it now.  I don’t think it’s the IHSAA’s intent to slight any team, but rather their quadrant model.  Best of luck to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, SoIndRef said:

Vincennes Lincoln, Washington, Pike Central have 2.5+ hour drive to Edgewood

What am I missing here. Google shows barely over an hour from each of these schools to Edgewood. Is I-69 not open that way yet? Excuse my ignorance, don't get down there too often.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SoIndRef said:

Vincennes Lincoln, Washington, Pike Central have 2.5+ hour drive to Edgewood

Wait what? Not even close. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2019 at 1:45 PM, SoIndRef said:

Vincennes Lincoln, Washington, Pike Central have 2.5+ hour drive to Edgewood

It’s 1:30 from Vincennes.  1:15 from Petersburg and 1 hour from Washington.  All on I-69.  You can probably crank the bus up to 70mph too.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 3:50 PM, WCHS Tiger Fan said:

it sucks

Told you so !!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, WCHS Tiger Fan said:

stick it where the sun don't shine

You opened the door, I just walked through it my friend. 

Edited by psaboy
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, CoachSnyder said:

Now boys let's get along, lol

No kidding--hug it out!!!  I've said it before, some teams will have some considerable distances to travel while others won't.  I still don't feel any team was singled out.  We all must be science nerds and accept this...

Edited by Gipper
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, superjay said:

It’s 1:30 from Vincennes.  1:15 from Petersburg and 1 hour from Washington.  All on I-69.  You can probably crank the bus up to 70mph too.

 

I assumed Edgewood High School was in Edgewood, Indiana...

 

Which it's not...

My bad...

Edited by SoIndRef
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sectional 40 won't be as tough now that Southridge has moved up to 3A.  Mater Dei and Linton are still in there, but it won't be as strong without the Raiders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twin Lakes will travel:

97 miles to Hammond Clark  1.7 hours

91 miles to Hammond High School  1.6 hours

80 miles to River Forest High School 1.5 hours

75 miles to Hanover Central 1.5 hours

86 miles to Calumet 1.5

46 miles to Knox 1hour

48 miles to Benton Central 50 minutes

Plus ALL but BC are on Central Standard time.  The GREAT thing is that we are in the tourney, playing schools we seldom see, and it is a great opportunity for the kids.  Don't worry about travel or other things.  Let the kids enjoy the moment and opportunity.  That is what is important.  Enough said.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...