Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove vs Cleveland St Ignatius

Guest DT

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

Why would you want to get rid of an already classic Indiana matchup with CG and Cathedral? 

Id like to see Ohio's best vs Indiana's best

Cathedral likes to rotate teams on and off its schedule.  The CG game wont last forever.  Id actually prefer to see CG play Roncalli again.  

Just now, DT said:

Cathedral likes to rotate teams on and off its schedule.  The CG game wont last forever.  Id actually prefer to see CG play Roncalli again.  

Id also like to see CG play Pickerington Central, Cincinatti Colerain and St X

Edited by DT

18 minutes ago, DT said:

Question for Bobref

Does Iggy play its home games at Wasmer Field?  Looks there is almost no seating from the satellite view

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.4838421,-81.7067804,168m/data=!3m1!1e3

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I believe the Iggys play at Byers Field in Parma when they’re at home.

That is correct, they do play home games at Byers Field. My cousin graduated from Ignatius a handful of years ago. It is down the page on the link below.

https://www.ignatiuswildcats.com/facilities

Side Note: Great Lakes Brewery is right across the street from the Ignatius campus and has both excellent food and beverages.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Id also like to see CG play Pickerington Central, Cincinatti Colerain and St X

CG should be playing Roncalli yes I agree. Both schools are close in miles and many of the same kids. Roncalli will not schedule CG I don't think. It used to be a great rivalry with awesome crowds.

28 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

CG should be playing Roncalli yes I agree. Both schools are close in miles and many of the same kids. Roncalli will not schedule CG I don't think. It used to be a great rivalry with awesome crowds.

I think that thinking of Roncalli "not scheduling" CG will not last much longer if both sides can come up with a common week and deal.  For awhile, in the early 2010's, it did not make sense for Roncalli to play CG anymore.....just way too outmatched and small.  Roncalli could at least somewhat compete with them due to their size, hopefully that trend continues! 

9 minutes ago, RetiredOfficial03 said:

I think that thinking of Roncalli "not scheduling" CG will not last much longer if both sides can come up with a common week and deal.  For awhile, in the early 2010's, it did not make sense for Roncalli to play CG anymore.....just way too outmatched and small.  Roncalli could at least somewhat compete with them due to their size, hopefully that trend continues! 

Would be a nice game to see.  I think Roncalli lost some of their flexibility in scheduling with CCC membership and the agreements to play the CI teams.  They also will probably keep FC on the schedule for rivalry sake.

19 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

That is correct, they do play home games at Byers Field. My cousin graduated from Ignatius a handful of years ago. It is down the page on the link below.

https://www.ignatiuswildcats.com/facilities

Side Note: Great Lakes Brewery is right across the street from the Ignatius campus and has both excellent food and beverages.

Great place to watch a game with plenty of parking and seating.   Was there several years ago to watch Ignatius play Paramus Catholic.

56 minutes ago, Grover said:

Zwitt will be replaced by Scott Knapp who has served as the Assistant AD for the last 7-8 years.

Zwitt is probably the most progressive AD in state history.  He monetized the CG Athletic Department and built partnerships and sponsorships like those you would find at the college level.  Zwitt took an obscure high schol located in remote White River Township and helped turn it into one of the states most dominant athletic programs .  CG merchandise sales are huge.  The CG TV Network is the most progressive and professional in the state.  And of course, the Center Grove Athletic Department trails only Carmel in terms of All Sports competitiveness and championship caliber performance.  Congratulations to Jon Zwitt on a trail blazing careeer at Center Grove High School.  

17 hours ago, DT said:

And of course, the Center Grove Athletic Department trails only Carmel in terms of All Sports competitiveness and championship caliber performance.  

https://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/schools/State Championship History.pdf

Carmel leads the state in championships and more than doubles 2nd place North Central.

Center Grove is tied for 22nd with a handful of other schools.

Edited by Staxawax
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2021 at 1:15 PM, Grover said:

If a spot opened up fine.  But I don't want to drop Cathedral to add an out of state opponent.

Completely agree, why would CG want to stop playing a traditionally rich program like Cathedral.  Especially with the competitiveness over 9 game series.

Completely agree, why would CG want to stop playing a traditionally rich program like Cathedral.  Especially with the competitiveness over 9 game series.

1991  Cathedral 51  CG 12

1992  Cathedral 21  CG 22

2014  CG 44  Cathedral 38

2015  CG 7  Cathedral 0

2016  CG 44 Cathedral 41 (OT) 

2017  Cathedral 21 CG 14

2018  CG 34 Cathedral 7

2019  Cathedral 14  CG 9

2020 CG 17 Cathedral 14

You can delete my previous post that is incomplete with information.

1 hour ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

Completely agree, why would CG want to stop playing a traditionally rich program like Cathedral.  Especially with the competitiveness over 9 game series.

1991  Cathedral 51  CG 12

1992  Cathedral 21  CG 22

2014  CG 44  Cathedral 38

2015  CG 7  Cathedral 0

2016  CG 44 Cathedral 41 (OT) 

2017  Cathedral 21 CG 14

2018  CG 34 Cathedral 7

2019  Cathedral 14  CG 9

2020 CG 17 Cathedral 14

You can delete my previous post that is incomplete with information.

You got the 92 game score backwards . I was a sophomore that year and I was on CG team and I am almost 100%  sure lost 

On 1/9/2021 at 1:59 PM, DT said:

Zwitt is probably the most progressive AD in state history.  He monetized the CG Athletic Department and built partnerships and sponsorships like those you would find at the college level.  Zwitt took an obscure high schol located in remote White River Township and helped turn it into one of the states most dominant athletic programs .  CG merchandise sales are huge.  The CG TV Network is the most progressive and professional in the state.  And of course, the Center Grove Athletic Department trails only Carmel in terms of All Sports competitiveness and championship caliber performance.  Congratulations to Jon Zwitt on a trail blazing careeer at Center Grove High School.  

I am in agreement. While other Athletic Departments are better when it comes to things like promotion and social media, JZ has done a great job with athletic sponsorships and making the community identify with CG Sports. They are a class organization.

On 1/8/2021 at 8:42 AM, Indiana Fan said:

Why would you want to get rid of an already classic Indiana matchup with CG and Cathedral? 

I would move the CG vs Cathedral game to an earlier week so both tes don't have to worry about injury the week before Sectionals