Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

All State Teams

1 hour ago, Thor77 said:

When do the all state teams get released? It was released around this time last year. And why does it take over a month after our season is over to do these? 

Dominion?

I dunno.

But in all seriousness, no idea why it would take so long.

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, Coach Dowell said:

I believe that nominations were due this past Friday.  Things may be behind schedule due to COVID.  A lot of meetings are being conducted on how to have meetings if that makes sense.  Hopefully the All-State process can be completed promptly.

Ah, the proverbial meeting to discuss how to have meetings. I also like the meeting to end all meetings. 🙂

27 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Ah, the proverbial meeting to discuss how to have meetings. I also like the meeting to end all meetings. 🙂

At my workplace we would need to form a committee to get study the minutes from that meeting. Then we’ll form a task force to implement those findings for future meetings. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, psaboy said:

But to add, I will never see the meeting to end all meetings, until I retire. Back in the day, called an exit interview, not sure if that is even done anymore???

7 hours ago, Thor77 said:

Is this week finally the week? This is ridiculous, we’re closer to Valentines Day than Thanksgiving. There’s no reason to wait two months to release all state teams. 

Calm down man! Nothing is moving at the pace we want right now.  Your kid will get announced soon.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 7:30 AM, Thor77 said:

Is this week finally the week? This is ridiculous, we’re closer to Valentines Day than Thanksgiving. There’s no reason to wait two months to release all state teams. 

Unless this pops this weekend, the we will have officially hit Valentines Day before putting the final stamp on football season. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

The IFCA All State Teams have been announced and most Region All Star Teams (that lead to the North/South Game selections) have been picked.  Why is the AP All-State team so important?  

1. Because that includes awards for all players, not just upperclassmen. That, along with honorable mention, is able to get more deserving kids involved. 
2. It’s a cool honor that I want to see. I’m a South Adams fan, I want to see how many kids made it. We had our best year ever, and this is the final thing to finally close out this year. 

I know it’s no big deal, I should just be patient. It’s just annoying how it’s almost March and we can’t finish out football. I just want it done. 

• Like 1