Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Playoffs 2021

Irishman

I think we can safely settle the Belichick/Brady divorce.

What Touchdown Tommy is doing at 43 is remarkable.

On the other hand, Belichick has a 46 percent winning percentage as a head coach when someone NOT named Tom Brady lines up behind center.

Packers fans (though they will not admit it) should be extremely nervous...

Edited by temptation

29 minutes ago, temptation said:

On the other hand, Belichick has a 46 percent winning percentage as a head coach when someone NOT named Tom Brady lines up behind center.

Ohhhh, I will admit it. What the Bucs did to Green Bay during the season is still fresh in mind. That said, I am fine with where Green Bay is sitting right now. Clearly, the two best teams over the course of this season in the NFC are playing for a title. Sure they both had bumps along the way; it is pro football, that happens. I would add, I would be even more nervous if the game were in Tampa. Even though they are pros, most of the guy in Tampa have not played in weather like this yet.....and watching the former players on the talk shows......it is definitely a factor when it gets to the point it is supposed to in Green Bay. 

11 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Ohhhh, I will admit it. What the Bucs did to Green Bay during the season is still fresh in mind. That said, I am fine with where Green Bay is sitting right now. Clearly, the two best teams over the course of this season in the NFC are playing for a title. Sure they both had bumps along the way; it is pro football, that happens. I would add, I would be even more nervous if the game were in Tampa. Even though they are pros, most of the guy in Tampa have not played in weather like this yet.....and watching the former players on the talk shows......it is definitely a factor when it gets to the point it is supposed to in Green Bay. 

Like it should be.  Nothing better than Lambeau in January...except for a packed house.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Like it should be.  Nothing better than Lambeau in January...except for a packed house.

Still one of my greatest memories was the last game I saw at Lambeau. It was Favre's last win as a Packer against the Seahawks. It started out rough as two turnovers lead to two quick TD's by Seattle. But the rest of the day belonged to Favre. But driving snow throughout; great tailgate. I also took an older brother to his first game at Lambeau....great memories. 

33 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Still one of my greatest memories was the last game I saw at Lambeau. It was Favre's last win as a Packer against the Seahawks. It started out rough as two turnovers lead to two quick TD's by Seattle. But the rest of the day belonged to Favre. But driving snow throughout; great tailgate. I also took an older brother to his first game at Lambeau....great memories. 

Cool story and I hate to be that guy, but I took in one game at Lambeau as I was a HUGE Favre guy.

It was also against the Seahawks...

"We want the ball and we're gonna score."

Al Harris had other plans.

Edited by temptation

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Yes sir.

Roughly 9K will have to do.

Can't wait.

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

Cool story and I hate to be that guy, but I took in one game at Lambeau as I was a HUGE Favre guy.

It was also against the Seahawks...

"We want the ball and we're gonna score."

Al Harris had other plans.

LOVE it!

7 hours ago, temptation said:

I think the truthh is somewhere in the middle. Earlier in their marriage I would say the defenses Belicheck built really carried New England. A lot of QB's could have won a Title with those defenses. Later in the tenure I think it's definately fair to say Brady carried New England. Looking forward to that game the most. The Packers are looking like Super Bowl Champs, but Tampa Bay has some serious hitters on D and the Brady factor. 

Personally, I hope the Pack win out. Hopefully, GB winning another Title lights a fire under the seats of the idiots running Halas Hall. They may not know much about running a football team, but it's well reported they do not like seeing GB win.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I think the truthh is somewhere in the middle. Earlier in their marriage I would say the defenses Belicheck built really carried New England. A lot of QB's could have won a Title with those defenses. Later in the tenure I think it's definately fair to say Brady carried New England. Looking forward to that game the most. The Packers are looking like Super Bowl Champs, but Tampa Bay has some serious hitters on D and the Brady factor. 

Personally, I hope the Pack win out. Hopefully, GB winning another Title lights a fire under the seats of the idiots running Halas Hall. They may not know much about running a football team, but it's well reported they do not like seeing GB win.

Come on man.  Four Super Bowl MVP’s and three regular season MVP’s.  While your statement about defense holds some merit, QB is the most important position in sports and Tom’s resume speaks for itself.

Belichick is 61-72 as a head coach when a QB not named Brady is behind center.

Case closed.

Edited by temptation

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

The proper term is "rocket belt" 🙂

This is a jet pack-

hmmmm

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-super-bowls-love-affair-with-jetpacks-87001691/ 

"flying like Space Age supermen with their rocket belts (the more appropriate term for the technology, though I prefer “jetpack”)." 

Jetpack.png

But was it REALLY sooooo important that it needed to be pointed out? 

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

hmmmm

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/the-super-bowls-love-affair-with-jetpacks-87001691/ 

"flying like Space Age supermen with their rocket belts (the more appropriate term for the technology, though I prefer “jetpack”)." 

Jetpack.png

But was it REALLY sooooo important that it needed to be pointed out? 

NO!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Back on topic.  What Brady is doing at 43 years old is remarkable and anyone who does not have him at the top of their all-time QB list needs their head examined.

I have always said that the best football player I ever saw was Jim Brown, with Walter Payton a close second. But if Brady somehow wins two more games, that is going to change.

On 1/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, temptation said:

Come on man.  Four Super Bowl MVP’s and three regular season MVP’s.  While your statement about defense holds some merit, QB is the most important position in sports and Tom’s resume speaks for itself.

Belichick is 61-72 as a head coach when a QB not named Brady is behind center.

Case closed.

Tom's resume definately speaks for itself, but defense also wins Championships too. Plus, MVPS, like the Heisman,  typically go to the offensive stat stuffer on the best team. My counter to Belichecks record would be 80 of those games were in Celeveland. He turned Cleveland around by Year 3. Year 4 turned into a complete disaster when Modell announced he was moving the team to Baltimore. He then left for New England. Year 1 was a transition period where he restructured the roster (Also lost picks in the draft prior to Year 1 to get Bill from the Jets). Year 2 was a Super Bowl win. I charted NE's Passing Offense and Team Defense Ranks during the Belicheck/Brady marriage. I used inverse rankings for appearance, so a ranking of 32 in 2007 indicates the Patriots had the highest passing offense that year. Early on the Defense was ranked significantly higher than the passing offense. The 1st 3 Super Bowls had a significant difference in their rankings. Tom's rankings elevated later in his career; however, the defense had a higher league rating every year they won a Super Bowl. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Boilernation

37 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Tom's resume definately speaks for itself, but defense also wins Championships too. Plus, MVPS, like the Heisman,  typically go to the offensive stat stuffer on the best team. My counter to Belichecks record would be 80 of those games were in Celeveland. He turned Cleveland around by Year 3. Year 4 turned into a complete disaster when Modell announced he was moving the team to Baltimore. He then left for New England. Year 1 was a transition period where he restructured the roster (Also lost picks in the draft prior to Year 1 to get Bill from the Jets). Year 2 was a Super Bowl win. I charted NE's Passing Offense and Team Defense Ranks during the Belicheck/Brady marriage. I used inverse rankings for appearance, so a ranking of 32 in 2007 indicates the Patriots had the highest passing offense that year. Early on the Defense was ranked significantly higher than the passing offense. The 1st 3 Super Bowls had a significant difference in their rankings. Tom's rankings elevated later in his career; however, the defense had a higher league rating every year they won a Super Bowl. 

Capture.PNG

Good stuff my man.

Stat of the day, if Mr. Brady somehow pulls off the win this weekend, it will become his 10th appearance in just 55 Super Bowls...slightly under 20 percent of all Super Bowls played...

Three different DECADES in which he has participated in a Super Bowl.

Unreal.

Edited by temptation

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Good stuff my man.

Stat of the day, if Mr. Brady somehow pulls off the win this weekend, it will become his 10th appearance in just 55 Super Bowls...slightly under 20 percent of all Super Bowls played...

Three different DECADES in which he has participated in a Super Bowl.

Unreal.

Can't think of a position outside of kicker or punter where this could possibly have happened or will happen again.