Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Playoffs 2021

Irishman

19 hours ago, temptation said:

Back on topic.  What Brady is doing at 43 years old is remarkable and anyone who does not have him at the top of their all-time QB list needs their head examined.

Agreed.

34 minutes ago, temptation said:

Can't think of a position outside of kicker or punter where this could possibly have happened or will happen again.

Long snapper?????

9 minutes ago, DE said:

Agreed.

Long snapper?????

Possibly, yes.  I think a guy like Mahomes could also take a run at it if he can play 9 more years.

I mean, we are talking the single most dangerous position in football and Tom has done it at the highest level in three consecutive decades.

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Possibly, yes.  I think a guy like Mahomes could also take a run at it if he can play 9 more years.

I mean, we are talking the single most dangerous position in football and Tom has done it at the highest level in three consecutive decades.

Will get no argument from me.  The. G.O.A.T at the QB position and it is not even debatable.

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Good stuff my man.

Stat of the day, if Mr. Brady somehow pulls off the win this weekend, it will become his 10th appearance in just 55 Super Bowls...slightly under 20 percent of all Super Bowls played...

Three different DECADES in which he has participated in a Super Bowl.

Unreal.

That is an unreal stat. I agree, based on longevity of career, I would bet on a kicker or punter as being the most likely to duplicate it if even possible. I do think Brady is the GOAT and have enjoyed his run this year. 

On 1/19/2021 at 8:31 AM, temptation said:

I think we can safely settle the Belichick/Brady divorce.

What Touchdown Tommy is doing at 43 is remarkable.

On the other hand, Belichick has a 46 percent winning percentage as a head coach when someone NOT named Tom Brady lines up behind center.

Packers fans (though they will not admit it) should be extremely nervous...

image.thumb.png.27a6c2848fedf1e864393c54929e1dfe.png

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Irishman said:

Even with a 9-0 lead, I am not sure there was any real doubt that KC would get it going. They have not really been threatened. 

Yeah, me neither. I immediately though of the Tennessee game last year when the deficit was much larger. Meh. 9 point deficit is chump change to the KC offense. 

• Like 1

How does Matt LeFleur not realize that kicking a FG with 2:05 left is the same result as not converting the 4th and Goal to potentially tie the game? You still have to get the ball back!!! Unreal. 

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

The goal posts must now move from "Is Tom Brady the greatest NFL QB of all-time" to "Is Tom Brady the greatest male team sport athlete of all time."

I think a case could be made.

Absolutely. Though the millenial NBA fanboys will insist it's China's favorite son.

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

The goal posts must now move from "Is Tom Brady the greatest NFL QB of all-time" to "Is Tom Brady the greatest male team sport athlete of all time."

Speaking of Brady, maybe the hyperbole is strong with this take, but I feel like his WR's let him down on those picks. Definately on the dropped passes. It seems like the guys he had in NE would be smart enough to look for the 1 on 1 jump ball when Brady is trying to avoid a 3rd down sack. 

28 minutes ago, temptation said:

I had to laugh at Terry Bradshaw yesterday.  I have always enjoyed his analysis and broadcasting, but man was he wrong yesterday.  He referred to Brady ONLY as the best QB in the last 25 years.

25 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

How does Matt LeFleur not realize that kicking a FG with 2:05 left is the same result as not converting the 4th and Goal to potentially tie the game? You still have to get the ball back!!! Unreal. 

Absolutely. Though the millenial NBA fanboys will insist it's China's favorite son.

Aaron Rodgers tried to force the ball in on 3rd down when he had a CLEAR path to the EZ.

23 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Speaking of Brady, maybe the hyperbole is strong with this take, but I feel like his WR's let him down on those picks. Definately on the dropped passes. It seems like the guys he had in NE would be smart enough to look for the 1 on 1 jump ball when Brady is trying to avoid a 3rd down sack. 

Brady made a terrible and ill advised throw.  That is on him, but he sure didn't have any help from LF on that play.  Buck and Aikman were making excuses for LF.  It is really simple.  LF either screwed up and realized too late he needed to go right or he needed to abort any semblance of a fake to the left and go directly to the end.

Buck and Aikman were saying, well he had to let Brady clear b/c he was under center.  BS!  

1 hour ago, DE said:

I had to laugh at Terry Bradshaw yesterday.  I have always enjoyed his analysis and broadcasting, but man was he wrong yesterday.  He referred to Brady ONLY as the best QB in the last 25 years.

Aaron Rodgers tried to force the ball in on 3rd down when he had a CLEAR path to the EZ.

Folks from Bradshaw's era usually point to the fact that the QB position is protected and easier these days than it was pre 2000 and there is some validity to it.  Nearly every rule in football these days has been built to give the offense an advantage that the 70s and 80s quarterbacks did not have.  Pass interference comes to mind among a few others.

That being said, anyone who tries to make the argument against Brady as the greatest of all time at this point is simply letting their bias get in the way...there is no other way around it.

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Folks from Bradshaw's era usually point to the fact that the QB position is protected and easier these days than it was pre 2000 and there is some validity to it.  Nearly every rule in football these days has been built to give the offense an advantage that the 70s and 80s quarterbacks did not have.  Pass interference comes to mind among a few others.

That being said, anyone who tries to make the argument against Brady as the greatest of all time at this point is simply letting their bias get in the way...there is no other way around it.

I agree.  Though Brady did win when the rules were not at QB friendly.  Heck, he had to go up against it daily in practice.  BB taught his DBs to maul receivers.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

That depends on what you mean by the term "athlete".    Is Mr. Brady as athletic as say a Michael Jordan? A Lionel Messi?  A Michael Phelps? A Roger Federer?

Is Mr. Brady the best quarterback to ever play the game of professional tackle football?  Probably.  But greatest "male team sport athlete"?  That is up for considerable debate.

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

That depends on what you mean by the term "athlete".    Is Mr. Brady as athletic as say a Michael Jordan? A Lionel Messi?  A Michael Phelps? A Roger Federer?

Is Mr. Brady the best quarterback to ever play the game of professional tackle football?  Probably.  But greatest "male team sport athlete"?  That is up for considerable debate.

None of those guys are even close to the GREATEST athlete of all time.  Imagine if this guy was on a bowling TEAM?

Pin on At The Movies

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

In all seriousness now, I really do not like LeBron James, but I do know that I have never seen a better pure athlete than him.

10 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Hence the term "team."  Phelps and Federer are not eligible.

I agree that it is up for debate but worth discussing, which is the reason I posed the question.  You could make a solid argument that he has accomplished THE MOST in a team sport at THE MOST important position...in over a two decade span.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

Hence the term "team."  Phelps and Federer are not eligible.

I agree that it is up for debate but worth discussing, which is the reason I posed the question.  You could make a solid argument that he has accomplished THE MOST in a team sport at THE MOST important position...in over a two decade span.

3 decades?