Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Haven Bulldogs

I'll be honest with you guys, since this Covid nonsense broke I've gone from 248 to 201 and riding a peloton 40 miles a day.  Eating better and I've got more energy than when I was roaming the sidelines at Fort Wayne Wayne HS back in 97 and 98.  I was told New Haven has the kids that would have gone to Harding back in the day, WOW!  This job would certainly be a great job who could utilize all that speed and size in the New Haven/Harding area.  Godspeed to the next Bulldog Nation leader...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRCJunkie said:

Seems to me that they beat up on Belmont, Dekalb, (traditionally) Norwell, and Huntington North because of superior size/athleticism/speed, but when push comes to shove have a hard time beating Leo and East Noble. 

yea little sister to the east

6 hours ago, CoachRippy said:

I'll be honest with you guys, since this Covid nonsense broke I've gone from 248 to 201 and riding a peloton 40 miles a day.  Eating better and I've got more energy than when I was roaming the sidelines at Fort Wayne Wayne HS back in 97 and 98.  I was told New Haven has the kids that would have gone to Harding back in the day, WOW!  This job would certainly be a great job who could utilize all that speed and size in the New Haven/Harding area.  Godspeed to the next Bulldog Nation leader...

Rippy is back and wants the New Haven job. Noted. Any wise interviewer is going to ask how you can be trusted to not bolt after 2 seasons. I'd advise you to work on that response. Good Luck!

34 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Rippy is back and wants the New Haven job. Noted. Any wise interviewer is going to ask how you can be trusted to not bolt after 2 seasons. I'd advise you to work on that response. Good Luck!

Maybe he's too close to retirement age.   Ope.  

7 hours ago, CoachRippy said:

Welcome back Ripper.  Missed ya.  Glad you are doing well.  Best wishes.

6 minutes ago, DE said:

What does age have to do with it?

A friend of mine may have applied for the NH job at one time.  Retirement date may have been one of the rumors for no offer.  🙂  He may still a head coach. 

On 1/13/2021 at 1:38 PM, CoachRippy said:

May I ask for any and all information on the New Haven Bulldogs football program?  Are these the same kids that used to frequent the old Harding HS?

Coach Morales

It was my understanding that the kids who were in the Harding district were split up among New Haven, Woodlan, and Leo. 

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I would also advise Coach Morales that its just not cool to wear blue jeans on the sidelines while coaching varsity football games.  Its not a good look.  Coaches shorts in August and September and on to Harbaugh style Khakis and a New Haven Jacket or Pullover would be a much sharper look.

3 hours ago, Robert said:

A friend of mine may have applied for the NH job at one time.  Retirement date may have been one of the rumors for no offer.  🙂  He may still a head coach. 

So they discriminated because of age?  If I am reading that correctly.

11 hours ago, Irishman said:

With 100% certainty, it was NOT age discrimination. It is sad to see that it was implied.  

You would certainly know best.   Only the people on the committee would know for sure and that would include you.   I reread our conversation from years ago.  I also reread some emails that my friend and I have had regarding things.  There certainly are two different perspectives.  Both of you have a lot of success.  Continued success to you both. 

Edited by Robert

15 hours ago, DT said:

I would also advise Coach Morales that its just not cool to wear blue jeans on the sidelines while coaching varsity football games.  Its not a good look.  Coaches shorts in August and September and on to Harbaugh style Khakis and a New Haven Jacket or Pullover would be a much sharper look.

Fashion Queens would say the same thing about Bill Belichick. Unless you are his wife or mom it's none of your business what anyone wears.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robert said:

You would certainly know best.   Only the people on the committee would know for sure and that would include you.   I reread our conversation from years ago.  I also reread some emails that my friend and I have had regarding things.  There certainly are two different perspectives.  Both of you have a lot of success.  Continued success to you both. 

Nice job hijacking the topic.....If you want to continue with the accusations of something that would be illegal (age discrimination) do NOT use this forum and it expose it in such a manner. If you want to continue a public dialogue about age discrimination accusations, I will let our administration know so they can prepare for legal action. I am willing to bet the coach you are referring to is not a big fan of you making it an issue for all to see either. My guess is his employer would not be too thrilled either. Your call champ. 

Legal action on a rumor?  Are you kidding me?  Will they want the instant messages and emails?  There are bigger fish to fry.  Maybe a better coach didn't get the job.  Maybe a better coach got the job.  We'll never know.   New Haven is sometimes fun to watch.  

Edited by Robert

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Nice job hijacking the topic.....If you want to continue with the accusations of something that would be illegal (age discrimination) do NOT use this forum and it expose it in such a manner. If you want to continue a public dialogue about age discrimination accusations, I will let our administration know so they can prepare for legal action. I am willing to bet the coach you are referring to is not a big fan of you making it an issue for all to see either. My guess is his employer would not be too thrilled either. Your call champ. 

Well done Irish.

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

As it should be....but it seems others are not so interested in doing so. 

LET'S GO BULLDOGS!

• Thanks 1