Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Haven Bulldogs

On 1/14/2021 at 8:40 AM, CoachRippy said:

I'll be honest with you guys, since this Covid nonsense broke I've gone from 248 to 201 and riding a peloton 40 miles a day.  Eating better and I've got more energy than when I was roaming the sidelines at Fort Wayne Wayne HS back in 97 and 98.  I was told New Haven has the kids that would have gone to Harding back in the day, WOW!  This job would certainly be a great job who could utilize all that speed and size in the New Haven/Harding area.  Godspeed to the next Bulldog Nation leader...

Not sure this is really the utopian job u describe.  NH has been playing even with Norwell and Dekalb over the last 3 years.  The Jr class (seniors next year) is talented but the talent level is down after that.  This year is going to be the norm for awhile going forward.

New Haven has the athletes to absolutely dominate the NE8 and make noise in the post season. They really need to get a quality coach and support staff who will work with the kids and get them to buy in. 

4-17 against East Noble since 2000 - 1-5 since the NE8

3-3 against Leo since the inception of the NE8

Those numbers against the top 2 teams in the NE8 are embarrassing in my opinion. The right coach can turn this program around in a season or two.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

4 hours ago, Prospect said:

New Haven has the athletes to absolutely dominate the NE8 and make noise in the post season. They really need to get a quality coach and support staff who will work with the kids and get them to buy in. 

4-17 against East Noble since 2000 - 1-5 since the NE8

3-3 against Leo since the inception of the NE8

Those numbers against the top 2 teams in the NE8 are embarrassing in my opinion. The right coach can turn this program around in a season or two.

Maybe you see something from a distance, but if you are not a part of the program on a day in and day out basis, you cannot much such claims...This has to be the worst assessment of a program I have seen on here in a long time. I am not saying it because I am a part of it. I am saying it from the perspective that I have been a part of more than successful program, this one included. 

Are there games we should have won? Yes.....every program has those. It still does not make your assessment any closer to being accurate. 

I am not going to get into any details about the program, but I know this.....the program has had great coaches in place. We have had great coaches for a long time. The coaches know the game; are willing to learn, care about and build relationships with the kids; all things that are needed in successful programs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, southend said:

So what you are saying makes sense, it takes more than just a good coach to have a successful top to bottom program. 
Good program, ie feeder system, middle school control, even peewee influence. This is what you are insinuating? 

All of those things are factors. There are still others that were exaggerated and/or ignored that I will not get into here. 

14 hours ago, Irishman said:

Maybe you see something from a distance, but if you are not a part of the program on a day in and day out basis, you cannot much such claims...This has to be the worst assessment of a program I have seen on here in a long time. I am not saying it because I am a part of it. I am saying it from the perspective that I have been a part of more than successful program, this one included. 

Are there games we should have won? Yes.....every program has those. It still does not make your assessment any closer to being accurate. 

I am not going to get into any details about the program, but I know this.....the program has had great coaches in place. We have had great coaches for a long time. The coaches know the game; are willing to learn, care about and build relationships with the kids; all things that are needed in successful programs. 

That's your opinion and I have mine. New Haven is consistently one of the most undisciplined teams in the NE8. New Haven has everything they need to succeed in a below average conference yet struggles to finish near the top every year. I'd appreciate if you actually had an argument for what I said being  "the worst assessment of a program I have seen in a long time" because everything I stated is a fact, so sorry if it hurt your feelings. 

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Prospect said:

That's your opinion and I have mine. New Haven is consistently one of the most undisciplined teams in the NE8. New Haven has everything they need to succeed in a below average conference yet struggles to finish near the top every year. I'd appreciate if you actually had an argument for what I said being  "the worst assessment of a program I have seen in a long time" because everything I stated is a fact, so sorry if it hurt your feelings. 

Actually, nothing you stated was fact. I will take my perspective over yours any day. What exactly are your credentials to make such an assessment of the program? I have actually stated many things in the follow up as to why you are wrong.

12 hours ago, Irishman said:

All of those things are factors. There are still others that were exaggerated and/or ignored that I will not get into here. 

No ,what I’m saying is in general, nothing to do with NHHS situation, but being good at coaching and with the kids is not going to make a great program. These other leadership skills must be in place. A lot of good coaches never progress with a program because they don’t emphasize enough ,the other management requirements . They can’t be minimized and then expect to be a top program. 

2 minutes ago, southend said:

No ,what I’m saying is in general, nothing to do with NHHS situation, but being good at coaching and with the kids is not going to make a great program. These other leadership skills must be in place. A lot of good coaches never progress with a program because they don’t emphasize enough ,the other management requirements . They can’t be minimized and then expect to be a top program. 

And my comment really was directed to things that have more to do with the situation at NHHS than just on the field. 

1 hour ago, Prospect said:

As far as the roster goes, we were outweighed across the line every week, except in one position. Athletes? Our DB's were an average of 5'8". 

Undisciplined??? @Yuccaguy has some thoughts along with me on that one, being that we are the only urban program in the conference. We struggle to finish at the top every year??? You mean outside of the year we were a conference champ??? lol...again, what exactly are your credentials? 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Actually, nothing you stated was fact. I will take my perspective over yours any day. What exactly are your credentials to make such an assessment of the program? I have actually stated many things in the follow up as to why you are wrong....But based on your comments about the program, both in your first post and now this one, that there are other factors that influence your opinions. 

You said you have great coaches that work with the kids and get to know the kids. I never said you didn't have that, I never said anything bad any New Haven coach as a matter of fact. I said you need a great coach to get the kids to buy in which you do, a below average program needs all of those things unless you are happy going .500 or barely over. The truth hurts, I wouldn't expect you of all people to agree with me, but I have watched New Haven play at least once a year for the past 20 years and nothing has changed. You have had some excellent teams that fall short in the playoffs just like any other program, I simply stated it should be the norm to compete in the conference and the post season, not struggle to make any noise in both. If you really think nothing I stated is fact I suggest you take a look below and try to argue these facts.

I said you need a great coach not that you have never had one. Fact.

One conference title since 1994. 4-17 against East Noble since 2000 - 1-5 since the NE8 Again struggle to compete in the conference. New Haven cannot c

Again I understand why you are defending the program, but please don't sit here and try to belittle me because you disagree with me. You want to argue credentials on what makes my opinion valid just because I'm not the athletic director, or apart of your program? If that is the case just shut the website down because people on here talk every day about programs they aren't directly involved in and things they see as fans of the game. I can say your program struggles to compete without being a part of it because they do. Past seasons show all of that is true. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

And my comment really was directed to things that have more to do with the situation at NHHS than just on the field. 

Ok, I was just iterating good “football programs” do it all now days, to stay relevant. Others are content to be mediocre, and if the schools are ok with that then this is ok also. 

1 minute ago, Prospect said:

You said you have great coaches that work with the kids and get to know the kids. I never said you didn't have that, I never said anything bad any New Haven coach as a matter of fact. I said you need a great coach to get the kids to buy in which you do, a below average program needs all of those things unless you are happy going .500 or barely over. The truth hurts, I wouldn't expect you of all people to agree with me, but I have watched New Haven play at least once a year for the past 20 years and nothing has changed. You have had some excellent teams that fall short in the playoffs just like any other program, I simply stated it should be the norm to compete in the conference and the post season, not struggle to make any noise in both. If you really think nothing I stated is fact I suggest you take a look below and try to argue these facts.

I said you need a great coach not that you have never had one. Fact.

One conference title since 1994. 4-17 against East Noble since 2000 - 1-5 since the NE8 Again struggle to compete in the conference. New Haven cannot c

Again I understand why you are defending the program, but please don't sit here and try to belittle me because you disagree with me. You want to argue credentials on what makes my opinion valid just because I'm not the athletic director, or apart of your program? If that is the case just shut the website down because people on here talk every day about programs they aren't directly involved in and things they see as fans of the game. I can say your program struggles to compete without being a part of it because they do. Past seasons show all of that is true. 

I have not disagreed that we have struggled to compete, but your notion that we should be competing for conference titles is a criticism of the kids and/or the coaches, and an inaccurate one. And the fact is that we simply have not competed. You may want to check conference titles. It has ben more than one in the time you mention, including an NE8 Title; so yeah, I will question your credentials. 

East Noble? They were a State runner up 2 seasons ago; who did compete with them before the playoffs or in the conference? How about you look at the schedule layout for the conference. East Noble sees every week of film from us because they follow us most of the season. They also have a week off for Fall break. They are a bigger program; especially up front, and in many cases by about 50 lbs a person. And that is year in and year out. But someone with the detailed criticisms you have SHOULD be able to see that.....hmmmm. 

3 minutes ago, southend said:

Ok, I was just iterating good “football programs” do it all now days, to stay relevant. Others are content to be mediocre, and if the schools are ok with that then this is ok also. 

It really is not a matter of being content. We work with what comes to us. What good football programs are you thinking of with the comment? 

4 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I have not disagreed that we have struggled to compete, but your notion that we should be competing for conference titles is a criticism of the kids and/or the coaches, and an inaccurate one. And the fact is that we simply have not competed. You may want to check conference titles. It has ben more than one in the time you mention, including an NE8 Title; so yeah, I will question your credentials. 

East Noble? They were a State runner up 2 seasons ago; who did compete with them before the playoffs or in the conference? How about you look at the schedule layout for the conference. East Noble sees every week of film from us because they follow us most of the season. They also have a week off for Fall break. They are a bigger program; especially up front, and in many cases by about 50 lbs a person. And that is year in and year out. But someone with the detailed criticisms you have SHOULD be able to see that.....hmmmm. 

It really is not a matter of being content. We work with what comes to us. What good football programs are you thinking of with the comment? 

I have one that I was close to and have followed a few since that have gotten to the top. 
If it’s not contentness then maybe it’s know how, or can’t dedicate time? Again you keep referencing NHHS. So I’m not privy to that.  Don’t want to get into any specific programs here , but in general discussion.  

25 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Clearly you are passionate about the program which hopefully leads them in the right direction. 

Feel free to correct me if I missed a years where they tied for the conference title, if I missed something I can accept that.

Ok so EN was the runner-up in 2017 and didn't have a challenge in the regular season. What about the other 16 times EN has beaten New Haven since 2000? What excuse do you have about dropping a playoff game to South Side? Make more excuses about being small, or they have every game, great teams can and have overcome both of those things. New Haven has overcome both of those things too.

Instead of making excuses on the forum, hire a great coach and go out next season and prove me wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Clearly you are passionate about the program which hopefully leads them in the right direction. 

Feel free to correct me if I missed a years where they tied for the conference title, if I missed something I can accept that.

Ok so EN was the runner-up in 2017 and didn't have a challenge in the regular season. What about the other 16 times EN has beaten New Haven since 2000? What excuse do you have about dropping a playoff game to South Side? Make more excuses about being small, or they have every game, great teams can and have overcome both of those things. New Haven has overcome both of those things too.

Instead of making excuses on the forum, hire a great coach and go out next season and prove me wrong. 

I have not made one excuse........as far as South side, like I said, every program has had moments they did not show up to play. That was just one of those games.....no excuses. EN was runner up in 18, by the way. As I said, they are just consistently bigger and better than us most years. They do have some other advantages as far as their schedule goes that give them an edge; especially in years we have been in the hunt for a conference title. Bottom line is the talent level has been nowhere near what you have stated, and we have been consistently smaller up front the last few years than every opponent. 

I have not made one excuse........as far as South side, like I said, every program has had moments they did not show up to play. That was just one of those games.....no excuses. EN was runner up in 18, by the way. As I said, they are just consistently bigger and better than us most years. They do have some other advantages as far as their schedule goes that give them an edge; especially in years we have been in the hunt for a conference title. Bottom line is the talent level has been nowhere near what you have stated, and we have been consistently smaller up front the last few years than every opponent. 

This is about as productive as talking to a brick wall. 

"East Noble sees every week of film from us because they follow us most of the season. They also have a week off for Fall break. They are a bigger program; especially up front, and in many cases by about 50 lbs a person." This is an excuse by the way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Prospect said:

This is about as productive as talking to a brick wall. 

"East Noble sees every week of film from us because they follow us most of the season. They also have a week off for Fall break. They are a bigger program; especially up front, and in many cases by about 50 lbs a person." This is an excuse by the way.

From someone with NO credentials and about as bright as said brick wall apparently, to speak about such a thing...tell me one thing that was not accurate there? 

46 minutes ago, Irishman said:

From someone with NO credentials and about as bright as said brick wall apparently, to speak about such a thing...tell me one thing that was not accurate there? 

Insulting my intelligence without knowing anything about me? Aren't you supposed to be a role model for young kids? What lesson does this teach? This is disgraceful. 

They might be accurate but they are still excuses on why you couldn't win. 

You want my football success credentials? I have a blue ring and a red ring as a player and coach.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Insulting my intelligence without knowing anything about me? Aren't you supposed to be a role model for young kids? What lesson does this teach? This is disgraceful. 

They might be accurate but they are still excuses on why you couldn't win. 

You want my football success credentials? I have a blue ring and a red ring as a player and coach.

lol

Look, you want to take shots at a program, fine. Apparently you were not prepared to be called on your BS. As far as a personal shot....just matched yours is all, snowflake. 

two blue rings here...and 27 years of coaching...so yeah.....as if that gives you the credentials to talk about a program you have never been a part of and don't even follow now. 

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

lol

Look, you want to take shots at a program, fine. Apparently you were not prepared to be called on your BS. As far as a personal shot....just matched yours is all, snowflake. 

two blue rings...so yeah

Lol show me where I took a personal shot at you. I don't care I can take it, but as someone who is a leader in their schools tossing out insults like a child is a joke. I hope your prospective coaches see you making an ass out of yourself. 

Congratulations on the blue rings. How many of them were at New Haven which is what we're talking about?

None of what I said is BS, you just didn't like it. I've defended my arguments, you just keep bringing up credentials and tossing insults and excuses. Back them up with facts, like the statistical facts I have provided for why your program is a middle of the pack average football program with so much potential.

Edited by Prospect
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Lol show me where I took a personal shot at you. I don't care I can take it, but as someone who is a leader in their schools tossing out insults like a child is a joke. I hope your prospective coaches see you making an ass out of yourself. 

Congratulations on the blue rings. How many of them were at New Haven which is what we're talking about?

None of what I said is BS, you just didn't like it. I've defended my arguments, you just keep bringing up credentials and tossing insults and excuses. Back them up with facts, like the statistical facts I have provided for why your program is a middle of the pack average football program with so much potential.

so now you only want stats to back up what I said.....I told you about the size of our linemen, but that was an excuse to you, even though players' height and weight are stats, as is comparing them to opponents. Should we look at scholarship athletes in a program? We have TWO that have been offered by St. Francis. That is it; no other offers, and really no looks. Last year; no offers...had a couple that could have played, but chose to not go to college. The year before, again no offers. One would think if the program had the talent you say it does, we would have more offers. Want tto compare that to the other programs in the conference that are regularly at the top of the conference? 

How many of your rings were at New Haven? Like that has anything to do with anything here. You brought up rings as if they are some sort of credential to somehow make your opinion of the program superior to mine. 

You have defended nothing...Not going to argue that the program has been middle of the pack in recent times; and I have even said we lost games we should not have. But you had actually claimed we were somehow loaded with talent, and should be competing for titles and that it is embarrassing that we have not. The fact is that there are things that go on in a program from day to day that I will not get into on here, that someone as far away from it like you just cannot see. But somehow, you know better than me...lol 

so now you only want stats to back up what I said.....I told you about the size of our linemen, but that was an excuse to you, even though players' height and weight are stats, as is comparing them to opponents. Should we look at scholarship athletes in a program? We have TWO that have been offered by St. Francis. That is it; no other offers, and really no looks. Last year; no offers...had a couple that could have played, but chose to not go to college. The year before, again no offers. One would think if the program had the talent you say it does, we would have more offers. Want tto compare that to the other programs in the conference that are regularly at the top of the conference? 

How many of your rings were at New Haven? Like that has anything to do with anything here. You brought up rings as if they are some sort of credential to somehow make your opinion of the program superior to mine. 

You have defended nothing...Not going to argue that the program has been middle of the pack in recent times; and I have even said we lost games we should not have. But you had actually claimed we were somehow loaded with talent, and should be competing for titles and that it is embarrassing that we have not. The fact is that there are things that go on in a program from day to day that I will not get into on here, that someone as far away from it like you just cannot see. But somehow, you know better than me...lol 

I never said my opinion was superior. If it's my opinion wouldn't I support it just like you are supporting yours?

Clearly you aren't going to listen to anything I have to say so I am done trying to justify anything to you.

Good luck this year and I hope you can prove me wrong. If you ever want to discuss things further my privates messages are always open.