Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Haven Bulldogs

23 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What are the socioeconomic differences between the New Haven government school geographic boundaries and the East Noble government school geographic boundaries?   That could be part of the puzzle.

Here is some info for both

I would add that East Noble is a one high school community. There are 5 high schools in EACS. 

New Haven......our actual ADM number was just over 900 students though, but the other percentages are the same. 

East Noble:

*** minus the 8th grade, I think they are at 1100 students this year. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 4:21 PM, BTF said:

It was my understanding that the kids who were in the Harding district were split up among New Haven, Woodlan, and Leo. 

Interesting... This got me to thinking about how that all went down, but it's been long enough ago that I don't trust my memory so much lol.  New Haven and Woodlan, yes.  I believe a fair amount might have also started going to Heritage.  They were neighboring school districts back in the day, and the drive from the S/SE area of Harding's district to Heritage was not a long one at all.  Almost every year I was at Heritage (early-mid 80's) we would get a few Harding kids who got in trouble and expelled for the semester attend Heritage, until the suspension was over.

Some could have very well gone to Leo, but man that looks like a long haul from the SE suburbs and further out.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, Robert said:

I'd never thought you'd two would be friends.  Go Bulldogs.  

Also forgot to add.....my dad was a 1954 graduate of New Haven.  I have never been to NHHS, but as @Irishmanhas known for many years, I have always supported them from NWI.

• Like 1

@Muda69

a little more info:
NHHS:

Eligible for Free Lunch

55%

Eligible for Reduced Lunch

11%

East Noble HS

Eligible for Free Lunch

38%

9%

Leo HS:

Eligible for Free Lunch

12%

4%

Other stats for Leo based on above info:

HS enrollment is about the same as NHHS

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

Interesting... This got me to thinking about how that all went down, but it's been long enough ago that I don't trust my memory so much lol.  New Haven and Woodlan, yes.  I believe a fair amount might have also started going to Heritage.  They were neighboring school districts back in the day, and the drive from the S/SE area of Harding's district to Heritage was not a long one at all.  Almost every year I was at Heritage (early-mid 80's) we would get a few Harding kids who got in trouble and expelled for the semester attend Heritage, until the suspension was over.

Some could have very well gone to Leo, but man that looks like a long haul from the SE suburbs and further out.

Some ended up at Luers due to it being a lot closer than the public schools they were assigned.