Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NFL Coaching moves 2021

Irishman

Urban Meyer is the new Jacksonville head coach. I have heard him speak at clinic talks. He is an outstanding speaker, and it was easy to see why he did so well on the collegiate level. But, in the NFL, the playing field is more balanced, in talent and in pay. :) It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This is a move for the Jags front office to say we want to win right NOW. They should have a great draft. But he is not a long term solution. He may stay for 3 years. Each year beyond that, regardless of his contract length, is icing on the cake. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Urban Meyer is the new Jacksonville head coach. I have heard him speak at clinic talks. He is an outstanding speaker, and it was easy to see why he did so well on the collegiate level. But, in the NFL, the playing field is more balanced, in talent and in pay. 🙂 It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This is a move for the Jags front office to say we want to win right NOW. They should have a great draft. But he is not a long term solution. He may stay for 3 years. Each year beyond that, regardless of his contract length, is icing on the cake. 

Lawrence or Fields?  
I think it’s a no brainer. It’s Lawrence. But. That. O. $. U. Connection. Tho. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DE said:

Lawrence or Fields?  
I think it’s a no brainer. It’s Lawrence. But. That. O. $. U. Connection. Tho. 

Urb continues to be the biggest scumbag in the coaching world.  He just told Texas less than a month ago that "his health was still an issue."

He'll be exposed by grown men who won't buy his schtick.  This will end just like the Saban, Spurrier and Kelly experiments more so than the Carroll, Johnson, Switzer ones.

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

Urb continues to be the biggest scumbag in the coaching world.  He just told Texas less than a month ago that "his health was still an issue."

He'll be exposed by grown men who won't buy his schtick.  This will end just like the Saban, Spurrier and Kelly experiments more so than the Carroll, Johnson, Switzer ones.

There was this guy who went right from Stanford to head coach of the 49ers. He did OK.

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

There was this guy who went right from Stanford to head coach of the 49ers. He did OK.

Tiger Woods?

Michelle Wie?

Brooke Lopez?

Richard Sherman?

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The fact is, coaches who go straight from college to head coach in the NFL fail at about the same rate as NFL assistants who are promoted to head coach. The reality is that there are a lot more Rich Kotites than there are Don Shulas.

Hilarious.  I did not think I would read/hear/speak that name when I woke up this wonderful, Friday.

55 minutes ago, temptation said:

I would exclude Switzer though. That was Jimmy's team still, and they were LOADED. Had Jerry kept Jimmy, Lord knows how many that group could have won. I agree with Bob though, the success rate equals out for the most part. There really is not an indicator of who will be successful and who will not be. Heck, Holmgren was a high school teacher and coach going to the league. 

3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I would exclude Switzer though. That was Jimmy's team still, and they were LOADED. Had Jerry kept Jimmy, Lord knows how many that group could have won. I agree with Bob though, the success rate equals out for the most part. There really is not an indicator of who will be successful and who will not be. Heck, Holmgren was a high school teacher and coach going to the league. 

I have got to think in the NFL (any pro teams w the amount of divas that are involved in all of them), huge success comes w/ how they manage people.

Like Phil Jackson.  His assistants were awesome and loyal, and he knew exactly how to push everyone's buttons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE said:

I have got to think in the NFL (any pro teams w the amount of divas that are involved in all of them), huge success comes w/ how they manage people.

Like Phil Jackson.  His assistants were awesome and loyal, and he knew exactly how to push everyone's buttons.

I agree.........and with very little ability to have much depth, it makes it even more challenging. Players think, "Yeah, like you are going to bench me".