Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

11 on 11 at CCHS

For several years I ran a large 11 on 11 at Tri-Central.  Moving back to Clinton Central I am planning a large 15 team 11 on 11 competition for Monday, 

July 12 from 6:30 pm till 8:30 pm.  At Clinton Central we have 2 full fields where we can work 4 competitions of 3 school rotations and we have a 

red zone field that we can also work 3 schools in rotation.  We will hopefully get the IHSAA officials to use this as a training night and officiate all competition.

All of this is contingent on where we all are with the pandemic.  I am ready to see if schools are interested.  We will accept 1A up to 6A schools and the first 14 schools that commit 

are in.  Please email me for information or entry. 

I am not very good with technology.  I have received messages that I cannot get to.  I am listing my email for direct contact if you are interested in our 11 on 11.  George.gilbert@clinton.K12.in.us.   Please contact me with question or if you want in. I apologize for my lack of technology skills.

coach Gilbert

2 hours ago, Coach Gilbert said:

I am not very good with technology.  I have received messages that I cannot get to.  I am listing my email for direct contact if you are interested in our 11 on 11.  George.gilbert@clinton.K12.in.us.   Please contact me with question or if you want in. I apologize for my lack of technology skills.

coach Gilbert

Coach ... if they sent messages to you via GID and you got an e-mail message saying that someone had contacted you, go to GID and then click on the envelope in the upper right-hand corner and that should take you to your GID inbox with messages sent via GID.  Hope that helps out.

image.thumb.png.145be498b8d7c57238003ff7626b1cd0.png

25 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Coach ... if they sent messages to you via GID and you got an e-mail message saying that someone had contacted you, go to GID and then click on the envelope in the upper right-hand corner and that should take you to your GID inbox with messages sent via GID.  Hope that helps out.

image.thumb.png.145be498b8d7c57238003ff7626b1cd0.png

If he's using the mobile app, I can't figure out how to open my messages on that app either. There is no 'envelope'.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gonzoron said:

If he's using the mobile app, I can't figure out how to open my messages on that app either. There is no 'envelope'.

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Me, too!

31 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

The mobile version of this website is hot garbage, tbh.

I don't know if this works in all browsers on all phone or all O/S platforms, but:

• Go to the GID website on your mobile device
  • Look in the upper right-hand side of the browser next to the URL/website address ... you will see three vertical dots or whatever your browser uses for settings/options
  • Click on the three vertical dots ... down the list, there should be an option that says "Desktop site" and it has a box to the right.  Click on that and the box should now have a check or x or be filled in

You should then be able to see GID as it would appear on your computer.  It's not perfect and it's still pretty clunky, but I think at that point, it should give you the ability to get to the notifications bell and envelope that takes you to the inbox.  I think it also gives access to the sub-menus where you can get to things like Clubs, etc.

Disclaimer:  On my phone, I'm running Android, Chrome, and it's a Nokia.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, foxbat said:

it should give you the ability to get to the notifications bell and envelope that takes you to the inbox.  I think it also gives access to the sub-menus where you can get to things like Clubs, etc

Nope. Obviously not made for iphones.

27 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I don't know if this works in all browsers on all phone or all O/S platforms, but:

• Go to the GID website on your mobile device
  • Look in the upper right-hand side of the browser next to the URL/website address ... you will see three vertical dots or whatever your browser uses for settings/options
  • Click on the three vertical dots ... down the list, there should be an option that says "Desktop site" and it has a box to the right.  Click on that and the box should now have a check or x or be filled in

You should then be able to see GID as it would appear on your computer.  It's not perfect and it's still pretty clunky, but I think at that point, it should give you the ability to get to the notifications bell and envelope that takes you to the inbox.  I think it also gives access to the sub-menus where you can get to things like Clubs, etc.

Disclaimer:  On my phone, I'm running Android, Chrome, and it's a Nokia.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Nope. Obviously not made for iphones.

As an iPhone user myself, what @foxbat outlined above will work FYI. Click those dots and select "Desktop site". Then you'll see the forum on your phone just as it looks on the computer. As he said, it' a little off, but you can zoom in and zoom out pinching/expanding your fingers to move about the site.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

There are no dots.

Sorry you are correct. Not dots, but upper left corner in the browser website, there is an "aA". Click that. Then click "Request Desktop Website". However, when on this I still do not see the option to review my messages. I swear I have done so in the past, but alas I must be mistaken.

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

32 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Sorry you are correct. Not dots, but upper left corner in the browser website, there is an "aA". Click that. Then click "Request Desktop Website". However, when on this I still do not see the option to review my messages. I swear I have done so in the past, but alas I must be mistaken.

Might be a combination or browser/platform.  On Android using Chrome with Nokia, the envelope and bell appear in the upper right-hand side like it does on a desktop machine ... albeit really tiny.

35 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Might be a combination or browser/platform.  On Android using Chrome with Nokia, the envelope and bell appear in the upper right-hand side like it does on a desktop machine ... albeit really tiny.

I downloaded Chrome and it didn’t show there either. Although it works fine on Chrome on computer. I guess I need to ask one of my kids, lol. 

Edited by gonzoron

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

I downloaded Chrome and it didn’t show there either. Although it works fine on Chrome on computer. 

It's that Apple product.  I always tell my students with Apples, when they have problems in the programming class, that if they'd get a real computer, that would solve their problems. 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disdain 1

We have 10 schools currently signed up to come to our 11 on 11 competition.  We currently have 10 teams 

that have committed to come.  We currently have 3 1A; 4 2A; 2 3A; 1 4A.  We have 5 spots left would love to see 5A

and 6A consider bringing a team as well as 1A openings.  OFFICIALS!  We would love to get you guys to come also

as this is a great opportunity to get ready for the season.   Our school is 30 minutes north of Indy on the Michigan Road [421]. 

When we ran this at Tri-Central we always had 10 to 30 area officials come and work. 

Please contact me via email at george.gilbert@clinton.k12.in.us.  This is a great night of fellowship 

and finding things out about our teams without worrying about winning and losing!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...