Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

All Star Teams Have Been Posted

41 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

How are these teams selected?

Each of the 10 regions votes for players in their region. A team can nominate 3 players. Now, if a school a player has committed to says don't play, then the player is not nominated. Each class has to be represented in each region. Then at the State clinic, the committee votes on who makes each team. Things may vary slightly from region to region, but that is the gist of it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tommy said:

No players from New Palestine.  Very happy that Michigan City has had a north All-Star for 3 years in a row.

D1 Junior/s heavy team? 

Two of the top New Palestine seniors had surgery after the season and would not be able to play.  I was unsure if availability to participate (injury, college commitment, vacation, desire to play) effected the selection process.  Just curious how the process works.  Not a complaint.

17 hours ago, CaptainHook said:

I'm assuming you have to be available to play the game to be nominated?  They do not have alternates?

The All Star coaching staff does have a list of "alternates" in case someone cannot play or does back out at some point.  My oldest son made the team in that fashion in '07. When I coached in the game in '09, we had to pick up 3 or 4 players after the teams had been selected.  

1 hour ago, CaptainHook said:

Two of the top New Palestine seniors had surgery after the season and would not be able to play.  I was unsure if availability to participate (injury, college commitment, vacation, desire to play) effected the selection process.  Just curious how the process works.  Not a complaint.

I can our speak for Region 5, but in our Region if you are a D1 commit that cannot play in the game, we recognize them as Region All-Stars, but they have an asterisk next to their name that they are not eligible for the All-Star game. Then the coaches from our region that are selected to coach in the All-Star game will reach out to everyone that has been selected to the region team and ask "If your player is selected to play in the All-Star game, are they able and willing to play in the game?"

• Like 1

Region 4 does that as well last few years as Coach Stewart just outlined it. 

The biggest frustration being part of the process myself as well in 2015 was having guys no show or back out last minute.   

Sometimes injuries happen from selection to game week and we all get that, but if the player says he is going to play then just says NAH, its just bad form and a deserving kid then has to scramble to try to make it. 

One our better LB's was from Lowell and we got him down there Monday Night and first practice was Tuesday, he ended up tearing his ACL in the game, just brutal, great kid, went onto to ST JOE and played there after he healed up.  

IFCA wants kids who are of great charchter and will represent themselves in a way that will make their family, school proud.  

Each North and South must have 5 1a kids and 5 2a kids.    

• Like 1