Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IHSAA moves boys basketball state finals back a week to April 3 to avoid conflict with NCAA

Muda69

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/01/18/ihsaa-moves-boys-basketball-state-finals-april/4204989001/

The high school boys basketball state finals will be played a week later than originally scheduled due to the NCAA tournament moving to Indianapolis, the Indiana High School Athletic Association announced on Monday.

The state finals will be played on April 3 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The dates and locations of the earlier rounds of the state tournament remain unchanged with the sectionals scheduled for March 2-6; regional games March 13 and semistate games on March 20.

The four state championship games had been planned for March 27 at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. The NCAA tournament will be played at several area sites, including Bankers Life Fieldhouse, in March. The IHSAA executive committee considered other venues and dates before agreeing to move to April 3 at the same location.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

AAA- different story. It’s the south again. 
Silver Creek is right up there with the 4A teams in talent.  
Although in Fart Wayne all of the athletes are fleeing inner city ,to the $$$$(burbs), Leo, Carroll, Homestead, and parochial schools. The Creek will show the Grable ,plow boys ,southern B-ball.

Not so fast my friend! I know Carmel has gotten better since their first meeting, as has Lawrence North. The Game was a “Game”. But my intuition says North will have a plan for Carmel this time, maybe it will work. But Carmel is a machine!

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

And of course, Carmel in 4A

Your picks?

11 hours ago, southend said:

Not so fast my friend! I know Carmel has gotten better since their first meeting, as has Lawrence North. The Game was a “Game”. But my intuition says North will have a plan for Carmel this time, maybe it will work. But Carmel is a machine!

Your picks?

I think you have the best bets identified in the other classes, so that is who I would go with.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, southend said:

Expand? I was just picking, not betting with the odds makers.

My wife is a BRHS alum, and I have seen they are a complete juggernaut in athletics.  If they had a football team (very small enrollment), they'd win state every year.