Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sean Coultis steps down as Central football coach after two seasons

19 minutes ago, tango said:

Okay, so that makes it even more strange..

He did say he is keeping his Strength and conditioning and PE teaching jobs. The article didn’t mention any other HC interviews. Also on this thread, and new to me, that there was a rumor he wanted out

Edited by TigerFan20

21 hours ago, Wedgebuster said:

Does this make it harder to hire the next coach?   You would think that S&C job is what a lot of football coaches would be interested in. 

I would think that as well and it could make it more difficult. However, there is also the possibility that Coultis plans to just finish the school year out teaching, and then leaving. Which would open that position for the next coach, next school year. Granted, for that situation to work, that would probably have to be communicated between Coultis and the school prior, which is unlikely. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds because I have no idea right now.

I just saw the posting on the EVSC website. It shows a coaching, weights, and clinic stipends, for whatever it’s worth. Not sure what the other two entail.

Quick tangent- Central’s football coach and Bosse’s soccer coach stipends are only about $700-800 different. Wow. I guess expectations for success aren’t factored in to those stipends.