Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

How is this allowed? Seems like a recruiting tool.

23 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

Where they got my email address is a great question.

Have you ever inquired about or participated in D1 training or training at Finch Creek?  The camp is hosted at the D1 Training facility who's owner, Tayt Odom, is an assistant coach at Chatard.  That might be how you ended up on the e-mail list. 

I hope you send your young one to the camp, sounds like a great opportunity to get some high-level coaching!  Plus, you can get some first hand knowledge of Chatard's recruiting.  Let me know the make and model of your car and I'll pass along to the Chatard coaches to make sure the envelope of cash gets to the right place!  They had to stop using McDonalds bags after the Tennessee fiasco.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Have you ever inquired about or participated in D1 training or training at Finch Creek?  The camp is hosted at the D1 Training facility who's owner, Tayt Odom, is an assistant coach at Chatard.  That might be how you ended up on the e-mail list. 

I hope you send your young one to the camp, sounds like a great opportunity to get some high-level coaching!  Plus, you can get some first hand knowledge of Chatard's recruiting.  Let me know the make and model of your car and I'll pass along to the Chatard coaches to make sure the envelope of cash gets to the right place!  They had to stop using McDonalds bags after the Tennessee fiasco.

I have not inquired about D1 training or Finch Creek. I am a teacher and this was sent to my school email. No need to attend this camp, my son's coaches are pretty dang good.  Lastly I do not need to witness their recruiting efforts, Chatard tried to recruit a player from my son's school when he played on Team Indiana as an 8th grader. To say it does not exist is hilarious to me. 

2 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

I have not inquired about D1 training or Finch Creek. I am a teacher and this was sent to my school email. No need to attend this camp, my son's coaches are pretty dang good.  Lastly I do not need to witness their recruiting efforts, Chatard tried to recruit a player from my son's school when he played on Team Indiana as an 8th grader. To say it does not exist is hilarious to me. 

Again, recruiting is acceptable...are you saying they did something that falls under undue influence? 

3 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

Lastly I do not need to witness their recruiting efforts, Chatard tried to recruit a player from my son's school when he played on Team Indiana as an 8th grader.

Did you report them to the IHSAA? If not, why not?

On 1/26/2021 at 3:07 PM, Irishman said:

The notion that they can draw from the entire State is a bit much. If Chatard were doing things at their camp like offering tuition money, promising playing time, etc. then it is a problem. If they are just coaching position skills, agility drills, etc., then there is nothing wrong with them having the camp.

I have read here that CYO kids stay in their parish(?) and I have also read that some St Michaels kids are winding up at Chatard.  Is it possible that camps such as this are used to lure kids from other parishes?  Apologies if I'm using inappropriate terminology.  I married a catholic but I'm not one.

15 minutes ago, Grover said:

I have read here that CYO kids stay in their parish(?) and I have also read that some St Michaels kids are winding up at Chatard.  Is it possible that camps such as this are used to lure kids from other parishes?  Apologies if I'm using inappropriate terminology.  I married a catholic but I'm not one.

My guess is that connections with friends in other parishes, or even family are more of a factor for those types of moves. All that said, the reality is that the success these programs have make them attractive programs from kids all around town. Basically, the programs recruit themselves. 

9 minutes ago, Irishman said:

My guess is that connections with friends in other parishes, or even family are more of a factor for those types of moves. All that said, the reality is that the success these programs have make them attractive programs from kids all around town. Basically, the programs recruit themselves. 

Amen to that.  Thanks for the reply.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grover said:

Usually it's a specialized version of Latin.  If you ever convert, your wife will teach it to you ... along with the secret handshake.  😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, POTLUCK said:

To say it does not exist is hilarious to me

I don't know that anyone is saying it doesn't exist? Chatard absolutely recruits. Every school recruits (or should), especially those that charge $13k+ a year to attend. But I know with certainty that Chatard doesn't have some state wide recruiting program funded by deep-pocketed boosters. And they definitely haven't broken any IHSAA rules.

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Yup.  Agreed.

If Chatard is trying to recruit kids from Team Indiana (whatever that scam is....outside of probably just another gimmick to separate gullible parents from their money for their “D1 prospect” kids) then they’ve obviously done a poor job since 78 kids out of an 80 man Chatard Varsity/JV roster are CYO kids.

One would think that with a State leading 15 State Championships, Chatard would have more than 2 kids (one of those being a move-in from out of town) out of an 80 man roster that wasn’t a CYO kid.  

As to Ritter, unfortunately any “wounds” to the Ritter program caused by kids not choosing to play football there were entirely self-inflicted if I am to believe everything my Ritter friends have been telling me for the last several years.  Kids (and parents) weren’t being wooed away - they were fleeing.

On 1/26/2021 at 8:18 PM, tango said:

They don't get many players from down here.  

Give us some time........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Yup.  Agreed.

If Chatard is trying to recruit kids from Team Indiana (whatever that scam is....outside of probably just another gimmick to separate gullible parents from their money for their “D1 prospect” kids) then they’ve obviously done a poor job since 78 kids out of an 80 man Chatard Varsity/JV roster are CYO kids.

One would think that with a State leading 15 State Championships, Chatard would have more than 2 kids (one of those being a move-in from out of town) out of an 80 man roster that wasn’t a CYO kid.  

As to Ritter, unfortunately any “wounds” to the Ritter program caused by kids not choosing to play football there were entirely self-inflicted if I am to believe everything my Ritter friends have been telling me for the last several years.  Kids (and parents) weren’t being wooed away - they were fleeing.

Give us some time........

I have also heard comments about “fleeing”.

17 hours ago, fenderbender said:

First point, this is not meant in a negative way to FC, but adds perspective to the conversation.  What started this conversation is not unique to Chatard. 

image.thumb.png.1916178ec7aba502e47b39110b94767a.png

Got to be Catholics behind this somehow!

• Haha 1