Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sleeping Giants - Who are they and when will they break out?

Guest DT

1 minute ago, BigBH said:

skin a cat to a 2-8 record...good luck to you as well

Rome built in a day?  Didn't think so.

Just because you don't like the offense, doesn't mean squat.

BTW, I have NEVER met Coach Sharpe.  Though I have watched 1 of their games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DE said:

Rome built in a day?  Didn't think so.

Just because you don't like the offense, doesn't mean squat.

BTW, I have NEVER met Coach Sharpe.  Though I have watched 1 of their games.

1-9 the previous year....right my opinion means nothing

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Sharpe just seems like a fish out of water in The HCC.  I doubt the fans like his style of grind it out out offense down there.  

if that transfers haven't begun for the kids going into 9th grade I would be shocked....why send them to Noblesville when better choices are close by

Noblesville is to The HCC as Lake Central is to The DAC .  Its just not a football school.  There are too many other competing priorities for student athletes.  Maybe they should just accept that and do the best they can with what they have.  

20 minutes ago, DT said:

Sharpe just seems like a fish out of water in The HCC.  I doubt the fans like his style of grind it out out offense down there.  

Does it matter what the fans like, if the kids/players, coaches, school likes it?

17 minutes ago, DT said:

I live in Noblesville. My kids go to Noblesville schools. I watch a lot of their games. I just want them to win, no matter the type of offense they run. Last year, their OL wasn't close to being good enough to run that offense. Hopefully, next year is a different story. Noblesville does have a solid youth football program, ironically called The Grinderrs, but I'm not sure if they're even running his offense. 

19 minutes ago, BigBH said:

1-9 the previous year....right my opinion means nothing

Correct.

17 minutes ago, BigBH said:

if that transfers haven't begun for the kids going into 9th grade I would be shocked....why send them to Noblesville when better choices are close by

Freedom of choice and personal responsibility are great aren't they?

11 minutes ago, DT said:

Noblesville is to The HCC as Lake Central is to The DAC .  Its just not a football school.  There are too many other competing priorities for student athletes.  Maybe they should just accept that and do the best they can with what they have.  

I would guess, that ALL schools already do this.

12 minutes ago, DT said:

Similiar to what Lake Central recently did, Noblesville has a brand new stadium currently under construction. It should hold up to 8-9K. 

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/local/noblesville-build-new-high-school-stadium/531-de9df832-5824-45d3-8cfb-d56703d7ccf7

2 minutes ago, BigBH said:

you don't understand 6A Indy area football....losing on the scale can't be tolerated much longer.

What is to understand that is any different from EVERY other school in the entire state?

Do you think Noblesville, or any other school that is "struggling", is trying to lose?

20 minutes ago, DE said:

What is to understand that is any different from EVERY other school in the entire state?

Do you think Noblesville, or any other school that is "struggling", is trying to lose?

that fact that you have to ask tells me everything...its a different animal down here

I have stated this a few times since last summer, but with how interrupted the global pandemic had in this state, the verdicts need to be held out for any and all the 1st year HC at new schools.   They were up against it, trying to get their system in place via Zoom calls, is not ideal, they were behind the preverbial 8 ball and for some schools still are.   

Give Coach Sharpe some time with his system requires time and patience to get the timing down to run the Straight T, assuming that is what he is doing. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I have stated this a few times since last summer, but with how interrupted the global pandemic had in this state, the verdicts need to be held out for any and all the 1st year HC at new schools.   They were up against it, trying to get their system in place via Zoom calls, is not ideal, they were behind the preverbial 8 ball and for some schools still are.   

Give Coach Sharpe some time with his system requires time and patience to get the timing down to run the Straight T, assuming that is what he is doing. 

you make good points.....it was so painful to watch though, but yes he deserves the time to right the ship

7 minutes ago, DE said:

Really, how so?

not enough time in the day...

1 hour ago, BigBH said:

you make good points.....it was so painful to watch though, but yes he deserves the time to right the ship

not enough time in the day...

I have multiple days if that works for you.  I just want to make sure my "animal" is the same as your "animal".  Thank you.

34 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Exactly.  The past is the past.  Time for the Millers to move onward and upward.

As is the goal for EVERY team in the state, I would presume.

2 hours ago, DE said:

I have multiple days if that works for you.  I just want to make sure my "animal" is the same as your "animal".  Thank you.

As is the goal for EVERY team in the state, I would presume.

surely you are not trying to compare Indy area football to any other part of the state? You really can't

7 minutes ago, BigBH said:

surely you are not trying to compare Indy area football to any other part of the state? You really can't

Positive I didn't say that.....

I still have all day and multiple days to hear your breakdown.

7 minutes ago, DE said:

refresh me again what you want broken down?  How bad Noblesville is?  All schools in the state want to win?  Indy area schools dominate the state? 

2 hours ago, DE said:

I think what he is trying to say (and I could be wrong) is that folks (whomever that may be in his mind) in central Indiana have a shorter leash when it comes to losing coaches/programs.

What he really SHOULD be saying is that Noblesville has such a steep hill to climb that they could improve and few would notice and they would still finish in the bottom half of the HCC, therefore we need to give the new coaching staff time.

Pre Sharpe:  Blown out by all

Year 1-2 of Sharpe:  lose competitively

Year 3 of Sharpe:  upset a couple teams you shouldn’t 

Years 4+:  compete with the top of the conference 

My opinion solely.  I don’t think you can fairly asses a coaching staff in less than 4 years at the high school level.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, temptation said:

I think what he is trying to say (and I could be wrong) is that folks (whomever that may be in his mind) in central Indiana have a shorter leash when it comes to losing coaches/programs.

What he really SHOULD be saying is that Noblesville has such a steep hill to climb that they could improve and few would notice and they would still finish in the bottom half of the HCC, therefore we need to give the new coaching staff time.

Pre Sharpe:  Blown out by all

Year 1-2 of Sharpe:  lose competitively

Year 3 of Sharpe:  upset a couple teams you shouldn’t 

Years 4+:  compete with the top of the conference 

My opinion solely.  I don’t think you can fairly asses a coaching staff in less than 4 years at the high school level.

Mike Gillin.  In this situation, its all about the coaching hire.  Sharpe is a good coach, but his system is not one that can bring "immediate relief" to the long term mediocrity at Noblesville.

Mark Bless was 110-52 at Mooresville.  Kevin Hutchens ran the program for 2 years and went 8-13

Chad Dockery followed and went 13-38 in 5 seasons.

Gillin just finished his fourth season at MHS, and is 34-16 with 2 regional and 1 semistate appearance.

Gillin went 3-9 in his first season.  Started 0-8 and went to the sectional championship game.  Clearly the team was improving and peaked at the right time.  The Pioneers have been a state title contender ever since.

Sharpe faces a similar situation.  His first team was 2-9, coming off a 1-9 season delivered by former East Central state championship winning coach Justin Roden.  I would think Sharpe needs to show improvement in year 2, not to the same level as Gillin, but something that will give the locals hope.  4 wins would be nice.

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Mike Gillin.  In this situation, its all about the coaching hire.  Sharpe is a good coach, but his system is not one that can bring "immediate relief" to the long term mediocrity at Noblesville.

Mark Bless was 110-52 at Mooresville.  Kevin Hutchens ran the program for 2 years and went 8-13

Chad Dockery followed and went 13-38 in 5 seasons.

Gillin just finished his fourth season at MHS, and is 34-16 with 2 regional and 1 semistate appearance.

Gillin went 3-9 in his first season.  Started 0-8 and went to the sectional championship game.  Clearly the team was improving and peaked at the right time.  The Pioneers have been a state title contender ever since.

Sharpe faces a similar situation.  His first team was 2-9, coming off a 1-9 season delivered by former East Central state championship winning coach Justin Roden.  I would think Sharpe needs to show improvement in year 2, not to the same level as Gillin, but something that will give the locals hope.  4 wins would be nice.

Having deja vu over here.  Vaguely remember you all but guaranteeing 4 wins this last season for the Millers.

I really see no path to 4 wins for them.

• Like 1